It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Taxes are theft. Why do so many people claim to hate them yet at the same time defend their existence? They usually state 'Oh but the government cannot exist without them'. This has yet to be proven and is untrue, buy a government bond if you want to support government, do not spit rhetoric about how 'taxes are evil but let's cut back on them because they are IHMO necessary duh'. Stop trying to be a flip flop, stick with the issue at hand: you like the idea that your government and fellow man approve of theft while ennacting anti-theft laws or you are against them completly.

Since some of you are undoubtly willing to reply with 'well, yeah but you can be for taxes just not for lots of them, there is no absolute in the issue'. I give you this analogy: The death penalty. You are either for or against this, there is no way to beat around the bush, just as there is with taxes: for or against.

You are either for mandatory theft or you are not. I cannot see how a person can be inbetween on the issue and I am tired of politicians ranting on about 'well, crack whores have a right to live', they do but not at my expense without my permission or they give you 'taxes are bad mmm'kay but we still need them mmm'kay', is this not the biggest flip flop issue of all: Politicians claiming to be against but not just totally.

So, are you for or against legalized theft?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
America seems to do better than other countries when it comes to the bite of the tax beast. But this is a constant battle between the, “let’s spend more Republicans” and the, “let’s spend even more Democrats.” We take it up the tailpipe no matter who gets in the oval office as the cancer of free money continues to grow. God forbid a political force like the Green Party ever gets in power. I don’t think I could make enough money to afford all their lofty ideas.

Everyone wants something for nothing and our wonderful democratic process allows those who want something for nothing to use political clout to move on your wallet from one year to the next.

In a perfect world the federal government would be small and consist of funding for national defense only. But that world can only be found now by dropping yourself down into a rabbit hole and finding wonderland. So the beast grows on and we continue to pay an unconstitutional tax that takes my money and gives it to you.

Isn’t life grand?

If it wasn’t for that little piece of scripture that commands to pay my taxes I wouldn’t! I’d love to tell old Uncle Sammy where he can stick his voracious appetite for my cash but alas, I answer to a higher power.

Mark 12:14-17
And when they were come, they say unto him, Master, we know that thou art true, and carest for no man: for thou regardest not the person of men, but teachest the way of God in truth: Is it lawful to give tribute to Caesar, or not? Shall we give, or shall we not give? But he, knowing their hypocrisy, said unto them, Why tempt ye me? bring me a penny, that I may see [it]. And they brought [it]. And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription? And they said unto him, Caesar's. And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
youve got to be a complete muppet to pay tax...the rich dont pay taxes...thats why their rich......theres loops in all tax systems...the point is learning to make them work for you.....a goverment is only a business like any other, they make money.....best way is to work out whos offering the best deals and move your money around...work out what works for you...some private and confidential tax advice wouldnt go a miss.

better than that, learn your game.

join