It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for the Best Heavy Metal Band of All Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You have to love a band who spent 5 years playing 3 hour sets a night, released 6 albums and were finally discovered playing a birthday party at a Mexican Disco .They deserve Rock God Status, not to mention brought one if not the best guitarist into the world for all of us to admire.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This is hard for me so i just go from era to era.

70's it would be deep purple altrough i like ac/dc more they just arent as metallic
80-84 it would be metallica. Very good albums but they didnt invent thrash metal. Overkill did that a few years before them.
85-90 it would be megadeth. Thrash metal at its best. Good heavy riffing and good solo's.
90-96 it would be Death. Very technical, progressive and just plain good. Despite the gore suggesting title this band most likely has more depth in the lyrics in this period than about 95% of all metal bands.
96-06. Opeth. Hands down. They brought metal to a level thats just beyond everything. The only band i know with very sudden speed changes. From slow acoustic to Death metal riffing in a instant. Uniquely done. No other band mixes acoustic guitar with electric guitar like they do. It has been said that they are the most innovative band since pink floyd.

There are a few of my favorites which didnt make this list but are still very good.

Kyuss the inventors of Stoner metal
Moonsorrow the masters of viking metal
Isis best of the athmospheric sludge bands

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Metallica
Megadeth
Sepeltura
AC/DC
Iron Maiden

In that order.

Thank You,

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Motorhead- fave songs, any with Lemmy
Megadeth- fave song- all of them, OK, 'Holy wars' then.
Judas priest- fave song- 'freewheel burning'

Old standby's you can count on. (lemmy is 60 something) Rob is getting old too.

:bnghd:

Oh yeah, King Diamond/Mercyful fate, excellent, and many others too.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Toadmund]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join