It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
In 2003 my freinds and eye posted something online which was inadvertadly then forwarded on to the website of a south american soccer player.Without giving away the individuals Name,What i want to know is the following.

I receieved a call from someone identifing themselves as the websmaster and an accomplice.

Is it possible from an email dress to track down a private home number?

Is there anyway to trackdown any calls from overseas (since police and phone company werent helpful)

I know this happened 2 years ago but since i joined this site recently i thought i would bring this up and see the feedback i receive.

The voice on the phone sounded hispanic and wasnt a friend making a prank call so i know it's authentic.Ever since it happened im always cautious and when i go outside im paranoid and keep watching over my shoulder in case something happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
sorry for posting it here but ic ouldnt find a general discussion forum and thought this was the closest to it

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Consider yourself lucky though, a threat from a phone call probably menas at least they aren't on the highway headed your way. If they were goign to come after you for sure, I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't call you on the phone first, but I would lay off the soccer player though as if someone feels strong enough about it to threaten you, it could always escilate into something unpleasant.
However...
I'd leave details of your email and the phone call you recieved in an envelope with someone you trust with explicit instructions to give the folder to someone like the FBI if anything happens to you.
"It's not paranoia if someone IS out to get you."

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
thanks for the reply.I doubt FBI has juristiction in Australia.The police didnt want to help at the i went to them playing it off "as a prank"

iw wish i new a contact who could somehow trace through my phone records and locate a call that came from overseas.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarzan
In 2003 my freinds and eye posted something online which was inadvertadly then forwarded on to the website of a south american soccer player.Without giving away the individuals Name,What i want to know is the following.

I receieved a call from someone identifing themselves as the websmaster and an accomplice.

Is it possible from an email dress to track down a private home number?

I'd say yes, but I'm not authortative on that. I know that when you are online you are broadcasting your IP address, and IP addresses are filed with your information; name, home address, etc, on registries.

Is there anyway to trackdown any calls from overseas (since police and phone company werent helpful)

If they couldn't do it then I'd say no, for all practical purposes anyway.

I know this happened 2 years ago but since i joined this site recently i thought i would bring this up and see the feedback i receive.

I'd think you have nothing to worry about if it was 2 years ago.

What was the person in the call saying? They made a death threat to you? I don't understand, you posted something derogatory about someone, it got forwarded to them, and then they called you? The web forum shouldn't be giving out your info, I'd say followup with them.

Rather, i'd say that if it was recent, but 2 years, sounds like nothing.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i cant remember much about the forum at the time since i was with someone else and it was being done froma remote location.

The other person said he didnt receive a call but fell suspiious that someone was following him home a week after.

The "webmaster" was say regurgitating parts of the email that was forwarded and say i was to be killed and have my head chopped off. it really shook me up at the time

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Did you email the webmaster after the phone call and ask him if he had rang you? I would've apologized and asked if he had rang me by any chance.

I'm also from Australia.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Thats the intresting thing on the site there was no direct email to the "webmaster" It still is intresting how they got my dteails.

Regardless i guess its been 2 years like someone says so i should rest easy for now

top topics

join