It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are some prophecies really happening?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
we are in 2005 now. i first heard of the 2012 mayan calendar prophecy in 98, and many other solid one have appeared since, like john titor. We also have heard of the ''consciousness elevation'' (that is supposed to be happening gradually and have a climax in 2012) as described by authors such as david icke and others.

So my question is, according to your knowledge and experience, are any details of those prophecies coming to life? is anything of the stuff that you have read on the subject (since 1998, thats 7 years, some stuff is bound to have happened) happening?

The most flagrant one i can think of it this passage from the bible rev 17-22



And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads,

and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.


And now they are announcing this microchip implant that will eventually become a id card / credit card / etc etc and i read recently in an article (on a science site, not a new age site) that the said microchip is powered on a lithium battery that recharges itself by fluctuations in temperatures therefore the scientist said the place best place to wear it was in the wrists / hands and on the forehead. (damn i cant find the article ill search and update later)
this one just struck me down.

has for the ''Conscious elevation'' theory. I gotta admit i do feel a difference, but i have been doing meditations and mantras for a while now, so i guess it may be purely because of that.

plz contribute your opions.

A:.L:.G:.D:.G:.A:.D:.M:.

Moonchild:.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by moonchild]




posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
For me, personally, i find Bible prophesy to be the most spooky. Mark of the beast/ID chips and all that...

But lets not forget that the Bible also says that the end days will come onto us like a thief in the night... To me this says that no one can predict the dates... although we can see the signs.



But...

John Titor?

FAKE

Come on... this bloke says he has come back in time to get a IBM PC from the 70's?? why not time travel to the 70's then??? he also has not made one accurate prediction at all.

David Icke??

NUT JOB

Yeah... Lizard people... HAHAHAHAHA !!!! nuff said... I watched this video of Icke where he interviewed this "Zulu" shaman... funniest thing i have seen in years


HeHe

What a lot of people seem to do is get all sorts of different end of days theories and mix them all up together to produce a mish mash of Bible, myan, Icke, Titor etc...

You know what i mean??

We end up with something like this...

In 2006 we will all have ID chips in our hands so that the reptilians can control the word and start the civil war in America. But... this is when the Greys will invade earth and start a intergalactic war with the lizard people resulting in millions of deaths. There will be massive earth quakes (caused by the reptilians who are try to kill the greys and the lizard people) Then... in 2012 a comet (wormood) will hit the ocean killing 1/3 of all life. This will be followed by a nuclear war and we will need 1970's IBM computers to help us recover from it.

HAHAHA

once you start mixing all the different stuff together you just sound like someone who needs a holiday in a white padded hotel... Medication time... Medication time... Hmmm juicy fruit...

i will now throw my kitchen sink through the window and run off into the sunset!

hehe



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
On the topic of prophecies i have been studying a great deal into my own spiritual side and have had some interesting thngs happen. theres too much to write about you would have to talk face to face with me but check this.

I came to the idea for some reason that the number two in it's significance is related to prophecy. thus i made a law in my head that dictates the law of two. The law is simply to observe things and use the number two when thinking in prophetic headspace.

So the other day i decide to look up two things on google and go to the second hit on each one of them here are the search topics.

Law of two
second coming

Try it yourself and see what you think?
Interesting yes theres much more to my madness but all in all it's just chaos out of order.



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I prefer the law of 4. 4 never gets any atttention. Its always 3,13,33,666, never any attention for 4.


Give 4 some love !



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yes each number has significance. It's about not drawing a conclusion on it however that truly allows for the potential knowledge to be revealed. It's all in the truth friend.


TPL

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Of all the prophecies/predictions i've seen none have ever come true, the world isn't about to end tomorrow, next week, next month etc.



posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Of all the prophecies/predictions i've seen none have ever come true, the world isn't about to end tomorrow, next week, next month etc.


Apocalypse 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.



It was about an hour before each tower collapsed, give or take a few minutes.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I saw a very symbolic sunset on the beach on a sunday.

The sun came out from the clouds as if it were rising upside down. The colours were fantastic the mist on the ocean was purple and the sunset cast golden rays everywhere in the most spectacularly bright sunset i have ever seen. Could that be the dawn of the golden age, a sunrise in revers for the setting of the turmoil and the beginning of the golden age. or is it just a sunset.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
With so many prophets/prophecies; the law of averages says some are bound to be hits. As others have stated the "mark of the beast" appears to currently be the real scary one.

But for some real entertainment listen to Maj. Ed Dames on c2c.

I don't want to scare anyone but try this on for size: $5.00 a gallon.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alex_De_Large

Originally posted by TPL
Of all the prophecies/predictions i've seen none have ever come true, the world isn't about to end tomorrow, next week, next month etc.


Apocalypse 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.



It was about an hour before each tower collapsed, give or take a few minutes.



NYC = babylon ? funny, I thought babylon was in Iraq

en.wikipedia.org...
History
The earliest mention of Babylon is in a dated tablet of the reign of Sargon of Akkad (24th century BC short chr.), who made it the capital of his empire. Over the years its power and population waned. For centuries it was just another provincial town, until it became the capital of Hammurabi's empire (18th century BC). From this time onward it continued to be the capital of Babylonia, though during the domination of the Kassites (1595-1155 BC), the city was renamed "Karanduniash".

The city itself was built upon the Euphrates, divided in equal parts among its left and right banks with steep embankments built to contain the river’s seasonal floods. Babylon gradually grew in extent and grandeur, but in process of time it became subject to Assyria. It rebelled against the Assyrian rule under Mushezib-Marduk and again under Shamash-shum-ukin but was besieged and taken over by Sennacherib and Assurbanipal (Kandalanu) again.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
and many other solid one have appeared since, like john titor.

There is nothing solid to the john titor story. heck, we're well into 2005 and Titor stands disproven.

So my question is, according to your knowledge and experience, are any details of those prophecies coming to life?

No.

is anything of the stuff that you have read on the subject (since 1998, thats 7 years, some stuff is bound to have happened) happening?

No. Now is the same as the past.


this one just struck me down.

Why do you think that that is the mark? The prophecy says mark, not lithium ion powered subdermal chip. Also, a mistranslation of the orignal texts apparently resulted in the 666 number, but in reality its 616.

Revelation was written in a partically immpossible to decipher set of symbols and allegories, and probably had a heck of a lot more to do with the world of its original audience than the current world.

has for the ''Conscious elevation'' theory. I gotta admit i do feel a difference, but i have been doing meditations and mantras for a while now, so i guess it may be purely because of that.

Or, maybe, your 'consciousness' isn't 'elevated' at all.



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickesists
Law of two
second coming

Try it yourself and see what you think?

law of two
"Open Space Technology requires very few advance elements"
second coming
"About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up, who will turn their attention to the prophesies, and insist upon their literal interpretation in the midst of much clamor and opposition." Sir Issac Newton"


Er, this means nothing.

Rather than hint at something and suggest a game for people to play, how about you come right out and say it??



Interesting yes theres much more to my madness but all in all it's just chaos out of order.

Madness you say eh?


It was about an hour before each tower collapsed, give or take a few minutes.

So what are you saying, that the first tower's collapse, that was normal, but that the second collapse, after and hour (or more or less), that that was the judgment?

You are starting with an interpretation and then fitting it to the text.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by Nygdan]



posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
quote:
And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads,

and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.



many biblical scholars agree the beast was a metaphor for rome, and the mark of the beast was markings on coins.

en.wikipedia.org...
The beast from the sea
Among many critics, the beast from the sea that had received plenitude of power from the dragon, or Satan, is actually the Roman Empire, or rather, the Emperor, its supreme representative.

The token of the beast with which its servants are marked is the image of the emperor on the coins of the realm. This seems to be the obvious meaning of the passage, that all business transactions, all buying and selling were impossible to them that had not the mark of the beast (Rev. 13:17). Against this interpretation it is objected that the Jews at the time of Jesus had no scruple in handling money on which the image of Caesar was stamped (Matt. 22:15-22). But it should be borne in mind that the horror of the Jews for the imperial images was principally due to the policy of Caligula. He confiscated several of their synagogues, changing them into pagan temples by placing his statue in them. He even sought to erect an image of himself in the Temple in Jerusalem (Josephus, Antiquities, 18.8.2).



posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
quote:
And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads,

and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.



many biblical scholars agree the beast was a metaphor for rome, and the mark of the beast was markings on coins.

en.wikipedia.org...
The beast from the sea
Among many critics, the beast from the sea that had received plenitude of power from the dragon, or Satan, is actually the Roman Empire, or rather, the Emperor, its supreme representative.

The token of the beast with which its servants are marked is the image of the emperor on the coins of the realm. This seems to be the obvious meaning of the passage, that all business transactions, all buying and selling were impossible to them that had not the mark of the beast (Rev. 13:17). Against this interpretation it is objected that the Jews at the time of Jesus had no scruple in handling money on which the image of Caesar was stamped (Matt. 22:15-22). But it should be borne in mind that the horror of the Jews for the imperial images was principally due to the policy of Caligula. He confiscated several of their synagogues, changing them into pagan temples by placing his statue in them. He even sought to erect an image of himself in the Temple in Jerusalem (Josephus, Antiquities, 18.8.2).


that makes sense, except what do you do with the mark on the forehead or hand? i believe the microchip analogy makes more sense.



posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild


The most flagrant one i can think of it this passage from the bible rev 17-22



And it maketh all, the small, and the great, and the rich, and the poor, and the freemen, and the servants, that it may give to them a mark upon their right hand or upon their foreheads,

and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is the wisdom! He who is having the understanding, let him count the number of the beast, for the number of a man it is, and its number [is] 666.


And now they are announcing this microchip implant that will eventually become a id card / credit card / etc etc and i read recently in an article (on a science site, not a new age site) that the said microchip is powered on a lithium battery that recharges itself by fluctuations in temperatures therefore the scientist said the place best place to wear it was in the wrists / hands and on the forehead. (damn i cant find the article ill search and update later)
this one just struck me down.



my view of this preceived phenomena, is that the 'fufillments' are arbitrary
and requires a hugh dose of faith & belief by the followers...
along with stretching the facts to make the prophecy realized/accomplished
there is a kinda sneaky way of proclaiming a prophecied event as being
only in the 1st stage of fufillment
while having the believers wait & expect a 2nd, or more complete fufillment
at some future time.

your example has been played by organized religions for quite a while now
see: www.100prophecies.org...

the exact item can be found here:
www.100prophecies.org...

#10. People will be forced to receive the mark of the beast.

2 paragraphs
~~~~~~~~~~~~

as for the mark;
a generation ago either tattoos or branding would be the technology
a decade ago, magnetic strips would be the method
today, RFID chip implants
tomorrow?? genetic engineering, DNA manipulation, would produce
either visible or invisible 'marks' at the option of the bearer
(dystopia, ala the movie "GATTACA" the 4 letter codes of DNA)

i really perfer Predictions, they are not so subjective
Prophecies are like clouds & whisps of smoke images in a staged setting



posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
As others have said, many prophecies could seem to be coming true but how about just waiting for 2012 to see what happens then?

As far as I can tell, 2012 prophecies are by far the most interesting and it is actually quite soon!! I am personally thankful tobe alive now to experience 2012!!

There are many other threads on the topic but isn't 2012 supposed to be the "real end"? Are there any signs we have to watch out for?



posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Originally posted by Alex_De_Large

Originally posted by TPL
Of all the prophecies/predictions i've seen none have ever come true, the world isn't about to end tomorrow, next week, next month etc.


Apocalypse 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.



It was about an hour before each tower collapsed, give or take a few minutes.



NYC = babylon ? funny, I thought babylon was in Iraq

en.wikipedia.org...
History
The earliest mention of Babylon is in a dated tablet of the reign of Sargon of Akkad (24th century BC short chr.), who made it the capital of his empire. Over the years its power and population waned. For centuries it was just another provincial town, until it became the capital of Hammurabi's empire (18th century BC). From this time onward it continued to be the capital of Babylonia, though during the domination of the Kassites (1595-1155 BC), the city was renamed "Karanduniash".

The city itself was built upon the Euphrates, divided in equal parts among its left and right banks with steep embankments built to contain the river’s seasonal floods. Babylon gradually grew in extent and grandeur, but in process of time it became subject to Assyria. It rebelled against the Assyrian rule under Mushezib-Marduk and again under Shamash-shum-ukin but was besieged and taken over by Sennacherib and Assurbanipal (Kandalanu) again.


In Revelation 17 it is called "Mystery Babylon", and it is not in Iraq. Mystery Babylon is America. Don't you listen to Reggae?

"The waters that you saw where the harlot lives
represent large numbers of peoples, nations, and tongues.



They threw dust on their heads and cried out, weeping and mourning:
"Alas, alas, great city, in which all who had ships at sea grew rich from her wealth. In one hour she has been ruined.



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I would say prophecies are being fulfilled. Jesus said that in the end it would be as the days of Noah--in short, gross immorality.

BTW I have seen nothing in the Bible that "proves" that there will be a pre-trib rapture.



posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I still say that George Orwell's 1984 is the most prophetic one.


A regular horror story. Their motto:
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

Read it.



posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I still say that George Orwell's 1984 is the most prophetic one.


A regular horror story. Their motto:
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

Read it.


I have. In fact I have a book containing both Animal Farm and 1984. And I have Cliff's Notes for them so I can get more insight.

Given today's situation, I don't think having Thought Police in the future is much of a stretch....




top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join