It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible.

page: 62
<< 59  60  61   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a scientific theory is part face and part speculation. otherwise it wouldnt be called a theory.

again im not saying its rubbish im saying its technically still a theory because some questions remain unanswered.

What would it be called, if not a theory? I'm just saying that the premise behind all scientific theories is based on verifiable fact, so the statement that evolution is a fact, is correct. If it was not a fact, there wouldn't be a theory dedicated to it. Now there's obviously more to learn about the details, and if somebody said "the theory of modern evolutionary synthesis is 100% fact in its entirety", they would be wrong, but evolution as a process in nature is indeed a fact. This is why I've been saying that there is no actual evolution vs creation debate and never has been... only stubborn creationists clinging to a literal interpretation of old stories.

the·o·ry noun \ˈthē-ə-rē, ˈthir-ē\
: an idea or set of ideas that is intended to explain facts or events

fact noun \ˈfakt\
: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence

im done here. have a good one.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
dp
edit on 7-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't mean to keep going back and forth with you on this, but a scientific theory is not the same as a regular theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

Evolution is a fact. Scientific theories are built on facts, they aren't made up to speculate how something might have happened. That would be a hypothesis or a layman's theory. Theories in science are completely different.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
well as of today it seems they now have proof of evolution, in real time

link

hope this does not upset the cart,,,(too much)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
You know its a good thread when it lasts this long......

Darwin was wrong......Science is proving that more and more.....

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: edsinger
You know its a good thread when it lasts this long......

Darwin was wrong......Science is proving that more and more.....

This thread died back in September. You just bumped it 5 months later for no reason.

Darwin was right. Every fossil find and every genome study done confirms and proves evolution as fact. One single fossil could falsify evolution if found out of place, yet this has never happened out of the millions of fossils found. It's time to give up the ghost. Science denial is so 90s. Time to grow up, this thread was defeated from every possible angle.

edit on 2 20 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BarcsThis thread died back in September. You just bumped it 5 months later for no reason.

"posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 16:20 "

Uh I guess you didn't look. I stared this thread a DECADE ago. I was commenting that it lasted 10 years. Why? because neither side has given proof they are right. Faith, it is on both sides of this argument.

originally posted by: Barcs Time to grow up, this thread was defeated from every possible angle.
Well in your mind maybe, but not mine.
No one had given me an answer for the Right Hand Protein problem. It is not Ancient Aliens either.

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Not sure how I missed this thread a long time ago...but I will dive through when I get the time and address any problems that I see that haven't already been addressed. For now this comment will be my sticky.

A2D

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Uh I guess you didn't look. I stared this thread a DECADE ago. I was commenting that it lasted 10 years. Why? because neither side has given proof they are right. Faith, it is on both sides of this argument.p

Either way, you still bumped the thread after it was inactive for 5 months and added nothing to it. The fact that it lasted only proves that people are argumentative and take a world view as fact over science, not that evolution is "false and impossible" or that nobody can prove their side. Evolution is based on hard evidence, end of story. This has already been substantially proven in this thread. Emotional investment in faith doesn't change that.

edit on 2 24 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Uh I guess you didn't look. I stared this thread a DECADE ago. I was commenting that it lasted 10 years. Why? because neither side has given proof they are right.

Then I guess your OP: Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible was a fail?

Faith, it is on both sides of this argument.

Remind me which argument requires magic?....

posted on Feb, 24 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs Either way, you still bumped the thread after it was inactive for 5 months and added nothing to it. This has already been substantially proven in this thread. Emotional investment in faith doesn't change that.

Not at all - it showed that it was a darn good one to last a decade. A decade!

As for being proven, its proven in your mind as you already had it made up. No one has shown me an evolutionist reason for only right hand proteins align the way they do. Chance is a funny thing and as an engineer, math comes east or at least it did many moons ago, nonetheless, 10 ^80 is infinity for these type purposes.

Micro evolution makes sense - macro not so much. No missing links, gaps in the fossil records yet you say it has been proven. Horsepucky, its not that easy.

Still this was one heck of a thread and after a 5 year hiatus, I thought it worth a comment. Do not like it? I do not care...move on and don't read it.

posted on Feb, 25 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

As for being proven, its proven in your mind as you already had it made up. No one has shown me an evolutionist reason for only right hand proteins align the way they do. Chance is a funny thing and as an engineer, math comes east or at least it did many moons ago, nonetheless, 10 ^80 is infinity for these type purposes.

Can you show me a scientific source that says right handed proteins aligning the way they do is a problem for biological evolution? I've heard this argument before and it doesn't support what you claim it does. It is just another thing that isn't fully understood, it doesn't actually go against any of the tenants of evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61   >>

join