It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible.

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Nice post, but it begs the same old question.

Why work to debunk evolution? Are you trying to strengthen the theory of evolution by closer examination or are you trying to destroy it? If it's the latter, what is the alternative to evolution? There has to be an alternative theory, right? If it's creationism? What does that mean to you? And are you talking about Christian Creationism of the new earth variety? Lot's of questions.

Just as food for thought,

An alternative to evolution would be some underlying cosmic organizational force, that we haven't directly observed or perceived. Like energy organizes into matter, matter organizes into life, life organizes into intellect, intellect organizes into ... God?

The organizational force is not necessarily because of a divinity, or a being.

Although, a race that was human a billion years ago, or longer, like a Google years ago, could have evolved into a God from our human point of view, and could have made or tweaked the laws of physics.

edit on 1-10-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Barcs

All I care about is a decent answer to the question
for cripe sakes Barcs.

And yes they're good people and so are you.
Now what?

Then where did gravity come from? How did it originate?
edit on 1-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

I already have two good explanations, from people who didn't
puss out and tenderize the word funny thanks.

well...it IS an evolution thread. not an origins thread.

what are these explanations you were given?
edit on 1-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Check the forum heading and let the Mods decide
if I'm off topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

if I'm off topic.

.....you're off topic in your own thread....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: edsinger

Oh I see... so it must be god then

Evolution is a FACT not a point of debate!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

The depth of brilliance in that post is beyond measure.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

if I'm off topic.

the THREAD TOPIC is evolution. the content of the thread is determined specifically by the thread topic and generally by the forum topic. or thats how its supposed to go i think. could be wrong but i doubt it.

you failed to mention those explanations you were given. and im still waiting for them.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

if I'm off topic.

the THREAD TOPIC is evolution. the content of the thread is determined specifically by the thread topic and generally by the forum topic. or thats how its supposed to go i think. could be wrong but i doubt it.

you failed to mention those explanations you were given. and im still waiting for them.

That's the way I thought it worked. The section is origins and creationism. In this thread we are talking about evolution aka the origin of species, not the origin of life. People LOVE to change the subject to origin of life whenever they can't argue a point against evolution. It's a frequent tactic employed by creationists, but is dishonest. I just don't understand why these folks cannot argue honestly without changing the subject or moving the goal posts.
edit on 2-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Prezbo369

The depth of brilliance in that post is beyond measure.

i could say the same of you.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i could say the same of you.

Why start be'in a lady now?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Not sure what you mean by that. Anyway, is the debate over?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The funny thing about that is that the debate hasn't even started yet. It's merely people talking about what they think they know about evolution, but they are mostly not even arguing anything that has anything to do with evolution. There hasn't been an actual debate about evolution in years, just false claims perpetuated by creationists based on faith and creationist websites run by scientifically illiterate people.
edit on 6-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

The funny thing about that is that the debate hasn't even started yet. It's merely people talking about what they think they know about evolution, but they are mostly not even arguing anything that has anything to do with evolution. There hasn't been an actual debate about evolution in years, just false claims perpetuated by creationists based on faith and creationist websites run by scientifically illiterate people.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts."

good ol' bertrand russel...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sigh... The OP of this thread is proof that we have yet to discover intelligent life on this planet.

Evolution is a proven scientific FACT, monumental scientific ignorance like this (when allowed to spread) pollutes an entire generation of humans who aren't quite smart enough to understand evolution and also aren't smart enough to understand the utter creationist BS the OP is spouting. But the OP makes it sound plausible by their choice of emotive language. Has the OP even read Charles Darwin's books!?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anon77
Sigh... The OP of this thread is proof that we have yet to discover intelligent life on this planet.

Evolution is a proven scientific FACT, monumental scientific ignorance like this (when allowed to spread) pollutes an entire generation of humans who aren't quite smart enough to understand evolution and also aren't smart enough to understand the utter creationist BS the OP is spouting. But the OP makes it sound plausible by their choice of emotive language. Has the OP even read Charles Darwin's books!?

its a theory actually, but the best to date, yes.
edit on 6-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

A scientific theory is pretty much fact though. I see fact and scientific theory to be near synonymous. The process of genetic mutations and natural selection are 100% proven and that is the fundamental process that the theory is based on. If the premise is fact, then evolution is fact, we just don't know every single detail about how it works. The only parts of the theory of evolution that are not facts are hypotheses that are actively being tested and questions about filling in small gaps and time frames in earth's history for which there is little fossil evidence.
edit on 7-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

A scientific theory is pretty much fact though. I see fact and scientific theory to be near synonymous. The process of genetic mutations and natural selection are 100% proven and that is the fundamental process that the theory is based on. If the premise is fact, then evolution is fact, we just don't know every single detail about how it works. The only parts of the theory of evolution that are not facts are hypotheses that are actively being tested and questions about filling in small gaps and time frames in earth's history for which there is little fossil evidence.

a scientific theory is part face and part speculation. otherwise it wouldnt be called a theory.

again im not saying its rubbish im saying its technically still a theory because some questions remain unanswered.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

a scientific theory is part face and part speculation. otherwise it wouldnt be called a theory.

again im not saying its rubbish im saying its technically still a theory because some questions remain unanswered.

What would it be called, if not a theory? If somebody told you that gravity was not a fact, would you believe it? Gravity is also a theory.

I'm just saying that the premise behind all scientific theories is based on verifiable fact, so the statement that evolution is a fact, is correct. If it was not a fact, there wouldn't be a theory dedicated to it. Now there's obviously more to learn about the details, and if somebody said "the theory of modern evolutionary synthesis is 100% fact in its entirety", they would be wrong, but evolution as a process in nature is indeed a fact.

This is why I've been saying that there is no actual evolution vs creation debate and never has been... only stubborn creationists clinging to a literal interpretation of old stories.

edit on 7-10-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62 >>

join