It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Stinks in New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Why in the hell do the liquor stores close at 10 PM? This is supposed to be one of the most liberal states in the nation, but when I lose track of a bit of time and show up at 10:05 I can't buy a bottle of vodka???

What's wrong with this picture? We should have 24 hour a day drive through liquor stores! The bars (charging $5/drink) stay open until 4 AM, why not the liquor stores?

:bnghd:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sinner.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Cause Liberals only drink up till 10 PM after that they only do drugs ... "powder" drugs ....

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There irony for ya. What is suppose to be one of the most liberal states is actually one of the most strict states. They have strict sales on liquor. They are the highest on cigg sales tax, and the most restrictions on where you are able to smoke.

They are extremely tough on sales tax, especially when it deals with flea markets and antique shows. My mom is an antique dealer, and has told me some nasty stories about it. I have a homeschooling friend who lives in that state. It is the worst state to homeschool in hands down. It is the only state that requires quarterly reviews.

I'm sure people who live in NY could add to this. Hmmmm, I wonder if they have the highest gas prices also, or at least near the high mark.

It makes one wonder if liberals aren't using double speak, referring to Orwell's 1984. Basically this is where the word actually means the exact oppsite, but it could also be used in it original meaning. For example love could mean either love or hate.

Maybe they just gave the name liberal a whole new meaning. It seems another very strict state which is suppose to be mostly liberal is CA.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

It makes one wonder if liberals aren't using double speak,...

Liberals and Double speak together ??? in the same sentence ?? Oh goodness... I would have never thought of that ...
..hehe

top topics

join