It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Lord Tebbit: No Advances In Muslim World In 500 Years Due To Islam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Exactly, he is not being racist at all in what he is saying. He has some perfectly valid points in that forcing integration of different cultures inevitably causes conflict.
If you have a cat and a dog in a house then they tend to leave each other alone apart from the odd spat. However if you force them into a room together and lock the door then one is probably going to die. Though this is obviously not always the case but a lot of the time it is.

And apart from their use of western technology, I can't think of any major advances for the human race that have come from that part of the world.
I can't fairly comment on the arts and literature as I don't understand the language and I have never bothered to look into it, though I believe some cinema from there is becoming more mainstream now - which would be an advance in the arts.

A religon is designed to be restrictive and to control people. That's one of the whole points of it, I don't know enough about their's to make specific examples but I believe it is even stricter than Christianity from things people have said to me. Wherever they are right or not I don't know.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is Hammurabi's Code the source of islamic sharia law? Read the following translation and decide if there is a real similarity.

Translation of Hammurabi's Laws

If so, then muslims aren't really trying to return everyone to a justice system from the 6th century A.D. They're, in fact, trying to make people conform to a system of laws over 4,000 years old!

Instead of constantly trying to take everyone backwards in history, perhaps it's time for an islamic "reformation" - as the Christian Protestants did 500 years ago.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hammurabi's code is also the foundation for all legal systems if you want to get technical. It was the first instance of a legal code that was made public and adhered to without exception.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join