It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan to Abandon Anti-War Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This just in...

Apparently Cindy Sheehan's mother just suffered a stroke so she'll be abandoning her anti-war protest outside President Bush's Crawford, TX ranch to attend to her mother.

I can't help but wonder if the stress she's put on her family contributed to this...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I find that somewhat harsh. I mean, you could also say that Bush also contributed to the stroke by sending Cindy Sheehan's son into an unjust war, which has killed her son, very few "terrorits", and over 100,000 Iraqi civilians. Thus, overwhelming grief finally took its toll.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Darth Tinku]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My Mother also had a stroke....following your logic, I must have contributed to it....or maybe it was my Dad....he could be difficult.

Oddly enough the emergency room doctors, nor her personal doctor, ever asked me what we had done to 'bring on her stroke'. They seemed to think it was years of plaque build up in arteries,...silly them.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't mean to ask what may seem like silly questions here, but where are getting your information that 100,000 civilians have been killed in this war? Can you please provide a link to a trusted newsource for this information. Also, is the 100,000 referring to what the colition has killed, or are they figuring in those killed by the terrorists - insurgents - Saddam - Sabawi Ibrahim al-Hassan - Mohamed Yunis al-Ahmed - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi - Ansar al-Sunna - Ansar al-Islam?

[edit on 18-8-2005 by 12 12 2012] spelling (typing too quickly)

[edit on 18-8-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
"Abandoning"? Sounds to me like she's just taking a break to go be with her mother. Some people do things like that. 'Camp Casey' appears to be continuing. "Abandoning"! Bah!

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050818/ap_on_re_us/peace_mom_17;_ylt=AikX8VGPJfWGOGnbpRZtaHPQ2wwi;_ylu=X3o'___'BiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl]Source[/ur l]

"I'll be back as soon as possible if it's possible," Sheehan said. After hugging some of her supporters, she got in a van and left.

Sheehan, of Vacaville, Calif., said the makeshift campsite off the road leading to Bush's ranch would continue.

I guess it's only natural that some will rejoice in her misfortune.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
djohnsto77, where did you hear about this?
Never Mind.

Its was on MSNBC a few minutes ago.

Its legit

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
how dare she!!! she is suppose to keep protesting and brush other non important issues. she is suppose to do this for her son.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This just in...

Apparently Cindy Sheehan's mother just suffered a stroke so she'll be abandoning her anti-war protest outside President Bush's Crawford, TX ranch to attend to her mother.

I can't help but wonder if the stress she's put on her family contributed to this...

Oh, that's just cute. An elderly woman suffers a stroke, and instantly, it's the fault of frothing liberal 'insanity'

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That's odd, I just read on Scrappleface that she had no exit strategy

Again, I'll say I believe Cindy Sheehan is being exploited by the media and groups like MoveOn. Her husband feels differently about the country, as does much of her family. They're grieved over the loss, but they don't think "America isn't a country worth dying for". Where is their media coverage? Why does Cindy only get a voice and not the rest of her family? It couldn't be biased, people have explained that there's no MSM bias to the left's agenda. Maybe they're just crass and can't go two words without saying f***, so they're not getting any air time. Yeah, that must be it. Uh huh.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Close enough for me,

Next up, crop dusting accident.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
C0le never fails to make me laugh.

I don't know whether that should amuse or frighten me.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
12 12 2012...

Here you go, either way, I know you will try to debunk this obviously, go ahead. I and the rest of the world know the truth no matter what you say.

100,000 Civilian Deaths Estimated in Iraq
www.washingtonpost.com...

And that's almost a year ago. Believe what you want....

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Tinku
Here you go, either way, I know you will try to debunk this obviously, go ahead. I and the rest of the world know the truth no matter what you say.

100,000 Civilian Deaths Estimated in Iraq
www.washingtonpost.com...

And that's almost a year ago. Believe what you want....

The analysis, an extrapolation based on a relatively small number of documented deaths, indicated that many of the excess deaths have occurred due to aerial attacks by coalition forces, with women and children being frequent victims, wrote the international team of public health researchers making the calculations.

Previous independent estimates of civilian deaths in Iraq were far lower, never exceeding 16,000. Other experts immediately challenged the new estimate, saying the small number of documented deaths upon which it was based make the conclusions suspect.

"The methods that they used are certainly prone to inflation due to overcounting," said Marc E. Garlasco, senior military analyst for Human Rights Watch, which investigated the number of civilian deaths that occurred during the invasion. "These numbers seem to be inflated."

The estimate is based on a September door-to-door survey of 988 Iraqi households -- containing 7,868 people in 33 neighborhoods -- selected to provide a representative sampling. Two survey teams gathered detailed information about the date, cause and circumstances of any deaths in the 14.6 months before the invasion and the 17.8 months after it, documenting the fatalities with death certificates in most cases.

thats almost like saying i see a million stars so i know how many stars there are in the universe. u cant trust these estimates, aniways they are just estimates. nope no way u can trust this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
DeltaBoy, your one of those guys who goes from thread to thread trying to lie to prove your point of view, which you have no proof.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

DeltaBoy, your one of those guys who goes from thread to thread trying to lie to prove your point of view, which you have no proof.

Uhhh...All DeltaBoy did was quote the article you linked to. Are you now calling your link a lie? Then why did you link us to it as proof? I do believe posting false information knowingly is against the rules of ATS...

[edit on 8-18-2005 by junglejake]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

trying to liiiiie??
okay, thats really a great way to get back at me wen i just used yer source to debunk u.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Deltaboy, since you are so intelligent, and you TRY to debunk everything against the US in Iraq or past wars, explain how the US has nothing to do with the $9 billion for Iraqi's that went missing.

Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
junglejake...its is a relaible source and deltaboy says its not and doesn't provide any proof. He does not back anything he says. SO I think you both are breaking the ATS rules by not backing up what you have both posted. So don't break the rules of ATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Corporate thugs stole the 9 billion thingy is the most possible answer

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

For a newbie here, you make some stiff assertion which could likewise be leveled upon your self, me thinks.
As for you 100,000 assertion, debunked all day long by a topic started by another anti-war member, here:
25,000 civilians killed since Iraq invasion, says report

In short, you anti-war people need to get your stories straight and then stick with one or the other.....

seekerof

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join