It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Regrests Live BTK Coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was watching CNN just a few moments ago.

www.cnn.com...

3 p.m. ET: How should BTK killer Dennis Rader spend his days in jail?

Jack Cafferty was very outspoken about the BTK coverage.
www.cnn.com...

Basically what he said is that he feels television media should not be covering the BTK events live as it only gives the killer what he wants, and that is attention.

He is basically right.

This brings up another point, something I have talked about before.

When we show terrorist issue news coverage is it not the same? The terrorists want people to live in fear etc, and if they see this, they believe they are "winning"

Just a rant.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
terrorists don't want people to live in fear. the nwo wants people to live in fear.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I believe what really needs to occur is a delicate balance between what is shown and what is not shown to the general public in regards to news coverage of terrorist attacks.

On one side, you are very correct. When a terrorist attack is covered so widely by many news organizations, one would have to be extremely ignorant to think that the terrorist organization is not getting satisfaction out of watching the turmoil they have caused. So by not covering the event, we remove a great motivator for terrorist attacks.

However, the general public should be kept in the 'info loop' so they are aware of the danger and are able to react accordingly to protect themselves and others.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I agree that the BTK killer wanted his fame, tv time. I was mortified when he went on and on and critiqued all those over the past thirty years and right down to the camera men. I wish someone had told him to shut up and sit down.

The thing about terrorists is that this is different in the sense that i beleive this government sets the tone for news outlets, they want "terror" to be on our minds 24/7. But then if something happened, and they didnt tell us, the people would say the intelligence failed. There is no happy medium.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

join