It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Live Near a Sex Offender?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Someone earlier on this thread mentioned Indecent Exposure...
Jesus, Indecent Exposure is a sex crime?? Wow so that means if you stop to take a leak somewhere and a cop catches you and charges you with IE, you are registered as a sex offender? That's pretty screwed up.

The five indecent exposures were to underage children. If you must stop somewhere and "take a leak", try not to do it in public.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have had a few people U2U me asking if I had anymore information that I could provide. Here is what our team came up with. We are currently working on putting together a global list, be patient, it will take some time. Anyway, for now we have 48 states and DC listed. Check back from time to time to see if we have added anymore info.

Alabama - www.dps.state.al.us...

Alaska - www.dps.state.ak.us...

Arizona - az.gov...

Arkansas - www.acic.org...

California - meganslaw.ca.gov...

Colorado - sor.state.co.us...

Connecticut - www.ct.gov...

Delaware - www.state.de.us...

Florida - www3.fdle.state.fl.us...

Georgia - www.state.ga.us...

Hawaii - sexoffenders.hawaii.gov...

Idaho - www.isp.state.id.us...

Illinois - www.isp.state.il.us...

Indiana - secure.in.gov...

Iowa - www.iowasexoffenders.com...

Kansas - www.accesskansas.org...

Kentucky - kspsor.state.ky.us...

Lousisiana - www.lasocpr.lsp.org...

Maine - www.informe.org...

Maryland - www.dpscs.state.md.us...

Massachusetts - www.mass.gov...

Michigan - www.mipsor.state.mi.us...

Minnesota - info.doc.state.mn.us...

Mississippi - www.sor.mdps.state.ms.us...

Missouri - www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov...

Montana - doj.state.mt.us...

Nebraska - www.nsp.state.ne.us...

Nevada - not avail

New Hampshire - www.egov.nh.gov...

New Jersey - www.nj.gov...

New Mexico - www.nmsexoffender.dps.state.nm.us...

New York - criminaljustice.state.ny.us...

North Carolina - sbi.jus.state.nc.us...

North Dakota - www.ndsexoffender.com...

Ohio - www.drc.state.oh.us...

Oklahoma - www.doc.state.ok.us...

Oregon - not avail

Pennsylvania - www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us...

Rhode Island - www.klaaskids.org...

Soth carolina - www.sled.state.sc.us...

Soth Dakota - www.dci.sd.gov...

Tennessee - www.ticic.state.tn.us...

Texas - records.txdps.state.tx.us...

Utah - corrections.utah.gov...

Vermont - www.dps.state.vt.us...

Virginia - sex-offender.vsp.state.va.us...

Washington State - ml.waspc.org...

Washington DC - mpdc.dc.gov...|.asp

Weat Virginia - www.wvstatepolice.com...

Wisconsin - offender.doc.state.wi.us...

Wyoming - attorneygeneral.state.wy.us...

[edited by me to fix a link]

[edit on 3-11-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
My little sister is a cheerleader and I am a soldier stationed in south korea right now. I think it's nice to know that there is a sex offender living on my home street. I really hope he has changed his ways. That's all I really have to say.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thank you for compiling such a detailed list. It is a pretty nice idea to be able to track sex offenders in any state of our union. I look forward to the international version you plan to post, as I have family in Europe and would love to be able to keep on eye on where they live.

-One Man Short

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
I think it's nice to know that there is a sex offender living on my home street. I really hope he has changed his ways.

I don't know the percentage of repeat offenders, but most don't 'change their ways'. Inform your family and make sure your sister knows.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I agree with Benevolent Heretic, tell your family NOW. I am not saying go on a witch hunt, because people can change their ways. All I am saying is that the times in which we live one should not give the benefeit of the doubt to a sex offender.

- One Man Short

[edit on 4-11-2005 by One Man Short of Manhood]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Lets say you have a 18 year old that has a underaged girlfriend, and gets in trouble for it. Lets say he completes his time or probation, then years after he must register for life? do you agree with this?

The same situation involing a 20+ year old and a minor, IMHO he should be registered.

Another thing I would like to know, is has these lists helped anyone, or saved a life or stopped a assault? or does it alienate these people, or force them to gather with other crimminals?

How do you all feel about a murderers list?
Auto theft list?
bugular list?

We allready have a terrorist watch list
No fly list

where do we draw the line from bein a free republic to a reppresive one?

Class 1 offenders IMHO should not be on a list
Class 2 yes, they should be on the list.
Class 3 should be in prison.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Lets say you have a 18 year old that has a underaged girlfriend, and gets in trouble for it. Lets say he completes his time or probation, then years after he must register for life? do you agree with this?

Not sure who you're talking to, but I'll answer

No. I don't put having an underage girlfriend in the same class as a rapist or child molester. He should know better but I don't think it makes him a rapist.

The same situation involing a 20+ year old and a minor, IMHO he should be registered.

I don't. He should be punished (as should the 18-year-old) In my opinion, having an underage girlfriend is a different thing than forced sex.

Another thing I would like to know, is has these lists helped anyone, or saved a life or stopped a assault? or does it alienate these people, or force them to gather with other crimminals?

I have no idea. But the innocent citizens have a right to the information.

How do you all feel about a murderers list?
Auto theft list?
bugular list?

Sex offenders repeat offend. It's one of the hardest characteristics to turn around in a person. Murderers, car thefts, burgulars can all be rehabilitated, but the chances for sex offenders are much smaller. I don't have any sources on this except:

I was a victim of multiple child molestation and rape
I was an underage girlfriend of a 21-year-old
I counseled child molesters in prison (I wasn't in prison
)
I have studied it a lot.

Once a person decides to ACT on their perverse desires, it's REALLY hard for them to decide not to do it the next time. Some of those guys in prison tried to convince me that it was the child's fault. How many car thieves blame it on the car?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Benevolent Heretic, thanks for sharing your views. It takes alot of courage toface and talk about what you just said. I was married to someone who was raped at the age of 13. WAS married because this person couldnt cope with the feelings, no matter how much I tried to help, I couldnt. They wouldnt let me. They wouldnt get help, and finally they moved away and filed for divorce. I tried to do what I could but they would not let me help them.

Here are some case studies to ponder:

SOURCE OF STUDY MATERIAL

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood
Here are some case studies to ponder:

GREAT post One Man Short of Manhood, I like the fact that I am not the only one willing to do some work to protect people (children and others) who have been victims of sexual assault.

BH....i agree with short manhood, That took a lot of buhmanjah's to post that on this thread!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
BH....i agree with short manhood, That took a lot of buhmanjah's to post that on this thread!

Well, thanks. There was a time I wouldn't say a word... to anyone. But I've done a lot of work. It would have ruined my life otherwise. I'm still wounded, but I'm strong.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There are some pervs in my town--in fact one of them works the same place my husband works--but they're primarily in the crappier parts of town, and we live in a decent neighborhood.

I have an e-mail warning from the Wayne County Sheriff if a perv moves within a mile of us.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join