It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTK Killer - Bleeding Hearts Explain To Me Why He Should Not Be Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Some stupid loophole in the law means that he cannot be given the death penalty. Give me one reason. ONE reason why this man who describes his killing of innocent people with relish, should not be executed immediately?

Well I'm not the Pope or any other Christian abolitionist bleeding heart that went around banning the death penalty 30 years ago, but I'll be happy to give you a reason despite your incendiary title.

It's the law. Kansas had no death penalty when his crimes were committed. I'd hardly call that a "loophole."

He did however get a 175 year sentence.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
14th State to Strike Down Capital Punishment
Dec. 21, 2004

The Kansas Supreme Court struck down the state’s death penalty law on a 4-3 vote because it said the law gave the state an unfair advantage over defendants during the sentencing process. The ACLU’s King noted that Kansas has a history of antipathy toward the death penalty; the state abolished capital punishment in 1907, brought it back in 1935 and then observed a moratorium in the late 1950s and early 1960s, when the Republican governor at the time said, "I just don’t like killing people." Today’s ruling vacates all six death sentences in Kansas.

Not all Christians come from Texas. Some follow Jesus.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree with RANT, there's not much you can do here -- capital punishment is simply an impossibility because the law didn't exist at the time of the crimes...

But why not? Was it because an overactive liberal Supreme Court that illegalized capital punishment in the United States for some years until it was overturned by a later court? Not an expert on Kansas law, but that seems the likely explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Kill Him!!!

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If there were a person or monster that would qualfiy for the death penelty this would be the one. It is a gross mistake by his state not to impose the death penelty on him because he would sure deserve it. He had better make his peace with his maker because I get the feeling that it is going to be pretty warm where he will eventually be going. On another point, How do the rest of the families deal with knowing he is not going to be put down
for the unspeakable offenses he commited against good people? I'm not one to advocate violence, but if he were to be in this part of the country, others would take matters into their own hands and would not blink. Put him down now. Why keep the taxpayers paying for this fool's upkeep?

TPL

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Starve him to death in his own coffin but after some serious bone breaking and some 'amature' plastic surgery.

Then just as he's about to die throw the coffin into a very large fire.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Its rather silly that a person as sick as this gets to live, and at what cost? The tax-payers money of course, we dont need to improve school systems, etc, we need to keep sick wierdos alive in prison as long as we can for some reason.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FLYIN HIGH
. It is a gross mistake by his state not to impose the death penelty on him because he would sure deserve it.

His state doesn't have the death penalty. They can't really sentence him to death when there's no legal provision to do so.

Anyway.

My "one reason" is more or less "I don't believe in the death penalty. Period. For anyone". This man's crimes leave me virtually speechless; he's possibly the most disgusting example of humanity that I've seen in decades. He deserves a life-long punishment. I just don't support the death penalty, you know?

Why?

1. It's unfairly and arbitrarily applied
2. It serves no deterrent value
3. For various reasons, it's actually more expensive to execute a prisoner than keep him imprisoned for 30 years. Granted, one of the reasons for this is simply the expense associated with having the death penalty in place at all, but it's a point nonetheless.
4. It's against my beliefs.
5. We've seen far, far too many death row inmates (in this country alone) who have been found not guilty on appeal. And too many have actually been executed then found not guilty.

Since you asked

(and fwiw, Charles Manson didn't carve anything, anywhere. He never actually touched Sharon Tate; he was the ringleader and mastermind, but didn't physically come into contact with any of the victims)

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Starve him to death in his own coffin but after some serious bone breaking and some 'amature' plastic surgery.

Then just as he's about to die throw the coffin into a very large fire.

Wow, sure don't want to get on your bad side.

I don't believe in the death penalty due to the fact that so many innocent people have been put to death only to be proven innocent later, but its cases like this that makes it hard to be anti-death penalty but due to the inncoent ones being put to death I must remain anti-death penalty.

Has anyone heard an explanation from him on why he stopped killing for so long? Something must have happened to make him stop.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Some in this post sound like they would enjoy sentencing the BTK killer to death. How is that different from the joy he experienced killing people? Do you think you have the right to kill, but not him?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Some stupid loophole in the law means that he cannot be given the death penalty. Give me one reason. ONE reason why this man who describes his killing of innocent people with relish, should not be executed immediately?

Being an atheist and not believing in there being a contious life after death, I find death penalties letting them of to easely.

I rather have them rott in the worst jail a country has to offer untill they die and hope they are kept alive at all costs untill their 120+.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ONE reason why this man who describes his killing of innocent people with relish, should not be executed immediately?

You already answered your question, the law does not permit it. Whats the reason anywy??

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caseysmind
Its rather silly that a person as sick as this gets to live, and at what cost? The tax-payers money

It costs more to execute a criminal than to put them in prison for life, there are too many legal fees invovled.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I wished was he was dead.

curme - I have no problem taking on the responsibility and duty to my fellow man to point at a monster (self-professed as well) and say the riddance of that thing is for the better of society as a whole. That's not murder and torture, that's purging the waste.

next part not to curme...

But he can't be executed so get the heck over it. The Kansas law says he can't, and that's it. The insinuation that this is due to any given partisanship being in control of the state supreme court at the time is disgusting hate rhetoric. The death penalty wasn't in place at the time because the citizens of Kansas apparently didn't want it in effect.

Jayhawkers are odd folk - but fill your hands you son-of-a-bitch!!!! if you start thinking you can talk smack against their decisions on how to take care of their own business in their own state. Basically what I'm saying is - if you don't live in Kansas it's none of your f*ing business how those folks decide to run their state. I get pretty damned tired of the fascist one-eyed pigs running around here who think they can mandate and legislate their own wills and wants on everybody else.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser

Well, I'm against the death penalty. So there's one reason.
I'm also against loophles, so I understand your frustration.

But I think he should be forced to live in uncomfortable surroundings for the rest of his life, perhaps with child's laughter softly piped into his cell 24/7, interrupted by the occassional blood curdling scream. And there should be beautiful posters of the people he killed appearing around him all day long.

I respect your position, however I believe this sick S.O.B. would get off on that. He masturbated while hearing real screams, and gurgling of children he was strangling. He took pictures to "get himself off" at later times.
I truly believe that he should be shot like a rabid dog. Take the money that is being spent on this farce of a trial and give it to the public school system.
A bullet costs what, a buck?

I agree with your view on this, however once we start down that path...
If we start executing everyone like this, what happens when we start killing innocent people that were falsley accused? This is a special case as this sick screwball should be locked in a dark cell for the rest of his life. But if we get kill crazy like they are in Texas (this isn't a political slam for those of you who think it is) and start executing EVERYone accused of murder, eventually we will start putting innocent people to death. What of those with sever mental disorders who have neither the mind nor the comprehension to understand what they have done, or what they were ACCUSED of doing???

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Kill Him!!!

Maximu§

Um, four words for you: THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Simple enough? Or do you only follow rules when they suit you??

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Kill Him!!!

Maximu§

Um, four words for you: SOME JERKS DESERVE DEATH!
Now get outta my face and get a clue.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm sure he'll be killed in prison, and it will be a much worse death than a state sanctioned one. He'll probably die by way of his name, which will be fitting. Instead of being in complete control, which is what he got off on, he will be the one being dominated, raped, tortured, and finally killed. High risk prisoners are still at the mercy of those protecting them, and many have been killed in prison. The guards are human too, and just as disgusted by him as any of us. After the media attention dies down a little, a cell will be left unlocked, a back will be intentionally turned, and he'll get what's coming to him. At least I hope so.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maximus
You're not scary yaknow.

Valhall
Good points. This partisanship is out of control, it's like mold in the walls of ATS.

To the Point:
The question has been answered, and not by bleeding hearts or any other cleverish labeled folk. The question was answered by people, you know, individuals with their own opinions.

Last time I looked, my neighbor was neither red nor blue, he was a man just like me and you. Please, please, please, for the love of God, put a pillow on the head of partisanship and pull the trigger.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Kill Him!!!

Maximu§

Um, four words for you: SOME JERKS DESERVE DEATH!
Now get outta my face and get a clue.

Maximu§

It is you that needs a clue my friend. Please tell me where in the Bible that you hold so dear that it says "Some jerks deserve death"?
BTW, statistically, the murder rate is lower in states that dont have capital punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join