If you've seen any of my previous ATS posts you'll know I'm a skeptic to most things, I demand facts and proof otherwise I'll remain a skeptic.
Now I'm still a skeptic to this subject but I thought it fair to share what I've seen in the newspaper article, its from the Daily Mail –
August 9th - Page13
so its not from a strange internet source (however I've not got a link only the paper in front of me)
The article basically talks about this new book that's out by Alan Butler and Christopher Knight
, the book is called Who Built the
(I'm not advertising just using it as my source).
The article talks about the alternative ideas and evidence from the books which I'll turn into a simple bullet form.
Evidence of Alternative Origins and Creation
- The Moon was apparently created through an object hitting the earth yet no new unfamiliar materials are on the moon to our knowledge.
- The Moon is too perfect:
- The Moons stabilises the angle of the Earth (the Earth is at a tilt), causing us to have seasons and a lack of extreme temperature variations (such
as frozen seas and inhabitable heat regions).
- The Moon was closer 4 billion years ago, causing much stronger tides which resulted in fluctuation in the salt content of sea water which is
believed to have played a important part in forming 'double strandard' DNA molecules.
- The Moons gravity has slowed the spin of the earth, (stopping potential 8 hour days), which the book claims has helped life form as it spreads out
the constant interruptions of night and day, providing animals with longer amounts of time in which evolve and advance without natural interferance
from heat, light etc. Thus providing the chance for complex life forms to evolve.
- The above is only possible through the moon being its exact size and being in its position (current position).
- During an eclipse the moon appears the exact same size as the sun even though the objects are completely different sizes.
- The Moon is 1/400th the diameter of the sun and the moon is 400 times closer to the Earth than the Sun is.
- The Moon is only 60% as dense as the Earth (that's 3.3 times as dense as water).
- During Apollo 13 when the disposable rocket was jettisoned it landed on the Moon near a (past mission) seismometer which recorded a effect similar
to that of a Earthquake. I'll quote this bit:
NASA Documents Quoted by Alan Butler and Christopher Knight
''The Moon rang like a bell after being struck and the reverberations lasted for three hours''
This strange occurrence has never been followed up due to scientists simply stating that an apparently natural orbiting orbit can't be hollow.
Alternative Source of the Moon
- Aliens seeking to create life on Earth (various purposes and intentions)
- God (although it is stated that this is the easy way out to explain the theory)
- Humanity from the future (a time paradox here me thinks)
Well I hope you've enjoyed my little write up of the article and I hope its been a source of interest, I personally believe the Moon is just a ball
of rock and not some secret Death Star sent by Aliens to create life on Earth but I'll let you make up your own opinions.