It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israeli Forces Storm Gaza Strip Synagogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Israeli forces are in the process of storming a synagogue using water canons in an effort to reach 200 protesters that are on the roof. Their efforts are being hampered by laser wire that had been put on the building and some of the 200 protestors have been seen to throw what appears to be some kind of acid, but that is not confirmed. What is confirmed is police have been seen removing their clothes trying to get what ever it is off of them.

news.yahoo.com

Israeli forces stormed the main synagogue of this Jewish settlement Thursday

Israeli forces stormed the main synagogue of this Jewish settlement Thursday, one of the last bastions of resistance to the Gaza pullout, to remove about 1,500 protesters inside.

In nearby Kfar Darom, riot police with helmets and shields broke open the door of the synagogue where protesters had barricaded themselves, fired water cannons on the crowd and began removing the protesters.

"Don't expel Jews!" the crowd chanted as police charged into the prayer hall in Neve Dekalim. Protesters booed, whistled and threw water on troops.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is ongoing current breaking news and you can watch it live on CNN at this time. Fox just started to carry the same scene only their cameras are a different view.

So far only five police have been reported to be injured and that has been confirmed by the police on the scene.

This could get real bad if this continues, what I am seeing does not look good at all.

[

[edit on 8/18/2005 by shots]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by John bull 1]

[edit on 19-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
They're throwing 'paintballs' is what I've heard from reporters on the scene. Specifically, lightbulbs and plastic baggies filled with paint. I didn't see any water cannons, and they are saying that the settlement, normalyl with a pop of 500, has swelled to 1600, what with all of this.

They also reported that the protestors were not from the settlement. The Isreali poliec/military are pulling them out one by one, the protesters locked arms and the police are pulling them apart from one another.

They showed at least one Police/Security officer being carried out on a stretcher, he wasn't moving much, there was a bag suspended above him with a clearish liquid in it, the reporters couldnt' confirm if it was heat strock, a fainting, or if he was dead or anything. The protestors apparently also lit tire-fires in the streets. Which is intersting, because its the same Tactic that Hussein used, (cept he went big and made it an oil filled moat), to make the scenes look very chaotic to the international public.

The scene didn't look violent, that was several hours ago. There was screaming and much 'finger wagging', but they weren't smashing any skulls in with batons.

Of course, if these were palestinians, then they'd probably hit the building with a rocket and then bulldoze it. If they did that now tho, the other settlers would realyl freak out and things would get even worse. I suppose if they do or don't do it to the palestinians it doesn't matter, since they aren't going to get more outraged because of it.

Also, you'll notice that none of these people have weapons on them, none of them are trying to kill by throwing stones, and none of them have masks to hide their faces.

They also reported that the crowds were chanting 'jews don't expel jews', which apparently is a rallying cry. Racist, but a rallying cry none the less.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Something that really makes me angry about this is that some of the protesters were bringing their children into this situation. Small children who didn´t have a clue of what was going on. Even the journalists on CNN commented on that and found that offensive. They pushed the children in front of them and screamed to the approaching cops : "Go ahead and just take my child, because you have ruined his future now!"

Grrrrr!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
About two years ago I got reamed for a post I made about that, and I'll say it again because I don't care. Children do not belong at such rallies, ever. I don't care what the cause is. If there's large crowds and the potential to get violent, then children simply should not be anywhere near there. Only an irresponsible parent would bring their child somewhere that people are throwing paint bags and water cannons are being used.

It's inexcusable to put children in a position of danger. If you want to attend potentially violent protests, you're an adult, it's your decision. They are not. Leave them at home.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see the LAZER wire! Oh damn... I think you meant RAZOR wire...

It seems like professional protestors trying to get the most mileage out of the issue, perhaps they should just leave them there if they want it so badly... hahaha.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
They're throwing 'paintballs' is what I've heard from reporters on the scene. Specifically, lightbulbs and plastic baggies filled with paint. I didn't see any water cannons, and they are saying that the settlement, normalyl with a pop of 500, has swelled to 1600, what with all of this.

From the updated link

Israeli riot police with helmets and shields broke open the door of a synagogue in this hard-line settlement and fired water cannons at barricaded protesters, who responded by hurling debris and what police said was acid at the troops.

Updated link

Posted just to verify what I stated was true since you did not see them Nygdan.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why is it always the young who act so emotionally? What is it about raising children to adults that the world has not learned?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Something that really makes me angry about this is that some of the protesters were bringing their children into this situation. They pushed the children in front of them and screamed to the approaching cops : "Go ahead and just take my child, because you have ruined his future now!"

Grrrrr!

Double grrrr....
Those jews ought to be ashamed of the way they use children as HUMAN SHIELDS and political devices...
the rest of the settlers took their things and walked away peacefully... (i think they knew it was the least they could do for peace)

while you have a bunch of people who don't even live there, protesting it...

These people, in my mind are israeli extremists that should be imprisoned and tortured (according to our new status of struggle with extremism).. they are the future threat to the palestinians moving into that area... I am surprised that the palestinian leadership has not demanded as such...

The jews had the perfect opportunity to extend an olive branch... instead they show how small minded and selfish the LCD of israel is...
I praise the Israeli government and soldiers... they are doing a great JOB... and that is what it is... nothing personal... JUST A JOB...

Why can't these protesters just go... they know the wont stop it... they know it is just a matter of time...
all they accomplish, is showing the world how whiney they can be, when they are on the other end of the bulldozer...

So far, I have not met one person that isn't jewish, that had the slightest sympathy... I have also heard from many jews that don't have sympathy either...

the funny thing... is the number of protesters that have actually moved/visited there, just so they could protest... It isn't there fight, and they don't know the situation... they just want to protest...
nationalism gone nutty...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
funny, you all decry jews for resisting and call them extremists and etc...yet when palestinians use bombs, guns and rockets and all that in a terrorist fashon its good resistance and ok by you....its amazing how people think around here.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Amazing. Absolutley amazing. If this had happened in either the USA or Canada or Britain there'd have been massive loss of life. Quite the PR coup really.
Remember Waco...
Remember Oka...
Remember Beslan...
Remember the poor Brazilian electrician...
I wonder if we are getting the whole story or just the "hole" story?
Who ever wuz runnin' this op is a genius.
Never thought I'd say "Well done" to any Israeli and mean it.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It seems that the racist-zionist (ahem) ultra right wing chasidic "settlers" in Gaza got a little taste today of what it was like back in 1948 when 750,000 Palestinian refugees were similarly "torn from their houses" ---only back then it was at gunpoint, and with often less than a 24 hour advanced warning...

I seriously doubt whether many of these ultra right wing fascists (who really DO believe their schizophrenic clan god Yahweh actually did give the land to them ! ) would ever think to say to themselves, "Wow, now I understand that this must have been what it was like for the Palestinian people when we created the State of Israel in 1948/1949"...

If they did pause to consider (or rather, "remember", if they experienced the Nazi oppression of the 1930s/1940s to say nothing of the pograms since the 12th century AD) and reflect a little on what is involved "from the other side" perhaps they would begin to understand the rage that the Palestinian population has been feeling since the middle of last century...while the world just watches and does very little in fact to stop these illegal racist "settlements" (complete with Apartheid private roads "FOR JEWS ONLY" and other posted signs that read, FOR JEWS ONLY NO ARABS....

When will they learn that they are BOTH sons of Abraham, if not according to the flesh (e.g. the Ashkenazim Khazarian proselytes converted to Judaeism AD 780-980 in Kiev) at least according to "spiritual tradition" !!!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wow, they're actually throwing acid at them. They probably should fire a rocket into the buuilding and bulldoze it then.

Originally posted by Djarums
About two years ago I got reamed for a post I made about that, and I'll say it again because I don't care. Children do not belong at such rallies, ever

But Djarum, you can make a much stronger political point if a couple of cute kids get trampled to death by 'the man'. Duh.

namehere
yet when palestinians use bombs, guns and rockets and all that in a terrorist fashon its good resistance

You do realize that you are making this up right? I mean, who here has been saying that muslims are justified in murder but that jews aren't justified for being upset??? No one.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To my best recollection Israelis are some of the best trained and most armed folks on this planet - 'cept maybe Texas...
It's funny that these "occupiers?" of the 'gog weren't armed with guns.
I don't get it - I saw lots of emotion and no gunfire - this does not compute.

Israelis shoot first and don't ask questions later. Ask Palestinian kiddies - 'nuff of them been greased for little or no reason.

Have we all been treated to a "charade-grande"?

Crap if I'm defending my land - for real - I'd be through a box of SSG's and two melted barrels in 15 minutes of the first clown brave enough to step on the property. Not to mention all the "Charlie" tricks I could whip up.

Oh well - maybe it's a religious thing and I just don't get the new "Judeo-Christian-Nazi-Neocon headspace".

[edit on 18-8-2005 by highgroundsys0p]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This appears to be a difficult situation for all involved. To throw around anti Jew or anti palestine comments really defeats the purpose of this whole thing. The past is the past and the present is the present. I doubt the jews that are leaving were the same who took the area back when. People like to blame entire groups for generations. This is an emotional time for both sides and it would appear a few professional protestors have only made it worse. The really sad thing is that I doubt even this move out will bring peace to the area. Both sides have such a deep hatred for each other that neither will ever be satisfied till they have erased the other from the planet.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Its sad when anyone is forced from there homes. But throwing acid
and on your own poeple those actions speak for them self

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I hear you 5x5 annie - the whole of the middle east - every side - has "smokin' hole" written all over it.
That is, the temple mount = glassy knoll.
Too bad - tragic really - 'Glad I live in Canada - so far.

top topics

join