It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovas Witnesses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Grrr. Just had two very nice friendly people knock on my door while i was in the shower. I run down the stairs dripping wet wearing nothing but a towel. Open the front door.

'Have you considerd the state of your soul recently?'

Gits, what right do they have to come round to my house and start preaching at me? Especially at 10.30 in the morning when im on holiday!

Am so furious with the whole concept of door to door preaching, especially from fundamentalist loonies who wont let me have blood transfusions. Irritiating, foolish mob.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
...And it's your right to answer the door without the towel covering you!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ahh, but i didnt know who it was until it was too late, and its rude to drop your towel once you've said hello...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You drop the towel as you step forward with arms outstretched to give them a warm embrace!

Hehehe

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I used to be a Jehovah Witness. I never went out annoying people at home. I always thought that was rude.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Ahh, but i didnt know who it was until it was too late, and its rude to drop your towel once you've said hello...

Its not rude to drop the towel when you say Hello... its an accident ... and maybe it would work ???

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
You think that is bad?

You don't have a in-laws as Mormons, and your an evangical Christian. :bash: They do not leave us alone about our faith. They have their Mormon friends come over, call, and everything else.

How would you like to take a trip out of state to visit your in-laws for Thanksgiving. Then they invited two other mormons to the thanksgiving dinner also. Talk about ganging up on you.

I'm not strong enough in my faith to try to convert them. Mormons are the hardest group to get to. If that ever happened, you want to talk about a family fueid.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jehova's Witnesses? Here's an easier way to keep them away:

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
every time some1 comes to my door (unless its a friend) i flip em of and tell em to go away cuz its my house im in it and ill do wut i want when i want and how i want...

[edit on 28-8-2005 by russiankid]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Materials: Bible, match, lighter fluid and metal bucket.

Next time they come a knocking just light the damn thing on fire and start chanting like an insane cultist....naked

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Materials: Bible, match, lighter fluid and metal bucket.

Next time they come a knocking just light the damn thing on fire and start chanting like an insane cultist....naked

.... yea that would work... but then theyll get mad and do something stupid...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
has door to door EVER converted anyone? I read this thread today at work, and when I came home, my dog was all wigged out. lo and behold, a little momento drops out of my storm door......anyone guess? yep, they tried to convert my poor doggie. He flew outside to hunt em down when I got home.

MysteryLady, you have my sympathies. If that were me, I'd fear they wouldn't like me. I am an angry atheist biker with tattoos...(gasp!)..Although I do love family get togethers with the yuppies....who has the $$ car....good times

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Grrr. Just had two very nice friendly people knock on my door while i was in the shower. I run down the stairs dripping wet wearing nothing but a towel. Open the front door.

'Have you considerd the state of your soul recently?'

Gits, what right do they have to come round to my house and start preaching at me? Especially at 10.30 in the morning when im on holiday!

Am so furious with the whole concept of door to door preaching, especially from fundamentalist loonies who wont let me have blood transfusions. Irritiating, foolish mob.

I would ask the JWs if they realize that their heresy is sending them straight to hell.

Jesus is God who came to Earth as a man and shed His blood for our sins. They don't believe Jesus is God (just a minor god), and in effect they nullify the Gospel with their teachings.

BTW we fundamentalists see nothing wrong with blood transfusions. :bash:

What you can also do--go to Chick.com and order some tracts denouncing JWs, and have them ready for if they come again. Hand them some tracts. I have a whole bunch somewhere just waiting for 'em.

My mother-in-law once had a sign on her door saying NO JWs.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
Then they invited two other mormons to the thanksgiving dinner also. Talk about ganging up on you. :

Make friends with some satanists and give them their numbers. Or add their address to teh mailing list of a local mosque. Or write letters in their name asking for visits from the Jehovahs Witnesses! That'll kill two birds with one stone!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nah,
I actually LOVE Jehovas Witneses!
They are soooo much fun to play with!
I have one of their main churches nearly across the street from my home so they used to come a-knocking nearly everyday!
Unfortunately, they avoid coming to my house Boo Hoo

I would invite them in and let them start their spiel, and then........ play quote the bible to them! Oh what fun!
You know things like the number of people going to heaven versus the number of (just living) Jehovas Witneses, then mention oh I don't know maybe, the number of past memebers and then include the number of future members.... Big problem there!
According to their beliefs.... only Jehovas Witneses will go to heaven and the number is finite! Only 144,000 to be exact.
Then if they still are hanging around, go into Act2 1-13, and have then read it then turn on the television to a channel showing the lift off of a rocket or shuttle.
The Jehovas Witnesses will run for the hills and your home will never be vistied again!

top topics

join