It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida claims power blackout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is crazy!! But do you think there is any truth in this what so ever????

worldnetdaily.com...

Al-Qaida has claimed responsibility for the worst blackout in U.S. history which affected 50 million residents across the Northeast and Midwest as well as parts of southern Canada, according to the Arab newspaper Al-Hayat.

The London daily printed a communiqu� attributed to the terror network that stated the "brigades of Abu Fahes Al Masri" had hit two main power plants supplying major industrial cities in the U.S. and Canada, "its ally in the war against Islam and their neighbors."

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No sorry Im in two-minds with this one, I dont think that OSBL had anything to do with the Black Out that happen last week (dont believe everything you read in the papers, thats what someone told me once)!

blackwidow

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Of course Al-Qaida caused the blackout. Theres probably more to come.

The way the blackout hit, most of New York lost power. I never did, but a few blocks from my home they had no power. Only 20% of New York State had power.

Something very odd about the whole thing. They were able to restore power, without having to repair anything. They even knew I had power, they shut mine off in the morning so they could turn other peoples back on. They knew who had power and who didn't...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Of course Al-Qaida caused the blackout. Theres probably more to come.

The way the blackout hit, most of New York lost power. I never did, but a few blocks from my home they had no power. Only 20% of New York State had power.

Something very odd about the whole thing. They were able to restore power, without having to repair anything. They even knew I had power, they shut mine off in the morning so they could turn other peoples back on. They knew who had power and who didn't...

LMAO!!! If al-Quaida really caused the blackout dont you think the administration would say!! We've been ATTACKED!!! see we need to go after the terrorists!! I mean come on!
The Blackout was caused by a mistake from those stupid dumbasses in the power company.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I DO NOT think that OBL or Al Quaida had anything to do with the blackout... I DO however think that Al Quaida is the scapegoat in order to increase the public anxiety.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yes dragonrider, OBL or Al Quaida cant get the blame for everything that goes wrong in the world (although its a good place to start).

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I STILL dunno who the # caused that blackout! Hell, I havent found a straight, believable answer inteeligable from the media or elsewhere.

Anyone or anything could have caused this blackout.

I still lean towards EMP. From the radar imiages that were posed of that odd straight line eminating from Alabama (forgot who exactly posted that one, Ill have to look). EMP or something similar.

From Alabama. Red Stone Arsenal. Go figure.

But still, it remains amystery, until someone comes up with soimething REALLY good.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
mad props to Al Queda if they actually did do it. they got millions of North Americans to go outside and talk to their neighbors
well, at least that's what we all did during the blackout. I think something did happen that we don't know about, but I don't think it's necessarily terrorism. unfortunately, our power infrastructure (as well as many water systems, and to some extent, the telephone network) are a whole lot more fragile than people realize. it takes only one foul-up to cause a systemwide failure and screw up things royally. I do find it odd that weeks later they still have no idea (or haven't made public) what caused it.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
well i was in a blackout area and hey i was having a good time

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
And the prove is.....how come we havent heard anything about court trials against people in charge of the power department. Why the file has been closed without any one in the admin claiming responsibility, although the blackout caused billions of lose? Why only USA, Canada, and UK had this incident and not any other nations?..note that these countries have link to problems in the middle east whether in Palestine, Afghanistan or Iraq.
The blackout caused billions of lose to the states, so do you think the government will keep quite?!
USA doesnt want to show the world that small group is doing what is doing....that surely will hurt its pride as super power, besides Alqaida Already had made a warning few days before the blackout.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If they did, than I for one am glad...

Yes, glad... This means that Al Queada has gone soft! If they are content to inconvenience us with a power outage, vs. crashing planes into buildings...then we have nothing to really bitch about...
/Sarcasm off. No, they obviously didn't do this...it isn't their MO...no death toll, little fear... To think Al Queda responsible is a bit like blaming an arsonist for a campfire.....

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It is not Al-Quada, Al-Queda or Al-Qaeda

It is like Asala wrote it: Al-Qaida.

Just like USA isnt JUSA, UXA or UZA..

And the the bottom line.. I really cant see the Al-Qaida being responssible for this or any other "major" attack including the WTC.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As far as spellings of Middle Eastern names, locations, etc. there are often around 3 commonly accepted "correct" ones, hehe....
Including, on their own maps...trust me on this....

new topics

top topics

join