It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihad in Bosnia: All your base are belong to us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Looks like the Jihadist’s have found another base of operations: Bosnia. It turns out that Bosnia is a utopia for Jihadist’s looking for training and safe haven. Now the world Jihad will be launched from multiple Al-Qaida bases of operations: Gaza and Bosnia. Lets hope that local authorities in Bosnia can handle the threat…If they want to of course.

Some of the Jihadist fought in the Bosnia war, so maybe they are welcomed? Only time will tell.

Source

Terrorists who previously targeted the U.S. are now in Bosnia, where they have access to a "one-stop shop" of jihad training camps, weapons and illegal Islamic 'charities' -- all at the doorstep of Europe, terrorism experts said.

"[Convicted terrorist] Karim Said Atmani recently returned to Bosnia after being released early from French prison for 'good behavior,'" terrorism expert and author Evan Kohlmann said.

Atmani, a Moroccan, was linked to the "millennium bomb plot" and convicted by a French court of colluding with Osama bin Laden. He has been linked to the Armed Islamic Group (GIA), an organization responsible for airplane hijackings and subway bombings in France.

"This is very disturbing," said Kohlmann. "Atmani promised he would wage jihad until the end. That doesn't mean until a plea deal, or early release; it means until death or victory."

Also finding haven in Bosnia is Abu el Maali, who like Atmani, was a foreign national who fought in the Bosnia war. El Maali was later accused by French authorities of attempting to smuggle explosives in 1998 to an Egyptian terrorist group plotting to destroy U.S. military installations in Germany. He was also accused of leading terrorist cells in Bosnia, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

"This activity is very significant," said Kohlmann. "Senior members of the former Muslim Brigade and their top commanders are still there, and they're still active."

“ALLAHU AKBAR!”

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Bosnia is still under a EU control... command of the peacekeeping op. was transfered from NATO a while ago.. so it's no safe heaven for terrorists.
Muslim brigade was a unit that fought during Bosnian civil war, against serbs and croats (later two also fought against each other). All sides of the war used both terrorism and mercenary/jihad/facist troops in the war... But no complete Muhadjeen units were allowed to fight for bosnian muslims, since their leadership wanted nothing to do with AL-Qaeda etc.

Source: Military briefings for operations in Bosnia

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
Bosnia is still under a EU control... command of the peacekeeping op. was transfered from NATO a while ago.. so it's no safe heaven for terrorists.

Thats a joke right? London was under tight control too...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
were not talking about Brittish cops here (no offence to them), but military units with specops recon support and pretty loose intel-roe...
A new Recon comppany will be shipped into the area just about now
plus the local police force consists of all ethnic groups, so atleast serbs and croats will be doing all they can to catch any muslim terrorists in the region. And most muslims in the region are allso very moderate and against all forms of Jihad

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
In his Islamic Declaration Alija Izetbegovic the radical Muslim leader in Bosnia called for an Islamic controlled Europe starting with Bosnia...

Radical enough for you, northwolf ?

Makes you wonder why a war broke broke out... such nice moderate people...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Skippy, don't be dissin' my country!

I am quite patriotic

But seriously, I could write a book here about how the "jihadists" came to Bosnia during the war. I was there, I saw it.

First, we had no control over our borders whatsoever between 1992-1995, all borders were under control of extremist serbs, so they let them in. One thing about serbs: you can always buy them for a reasonable price, I guess thats what jihadists did too.
Bosnia is a muslim country far away from Middle East, so the war was a perfect oportunity to infiltrate the country that wasn't infiltrated before.

Our leadership however didn't want anything to do with Al-qaeda or their islamic state. We rejected that ideology long time ago, Bosnia is a modern muslim country, no shariah law at all. There are more women with headscarves here in Vienna then back home in my town

Our laws are based on austrian laws, since they ruled over Bosnia end of 19th, start of 20 century.

I remember when "mujahedin" came during the worst time in those 3 years. We had nothing, serbs were closing in on remaining cities under goverment control, we had no weapons and mujahedin came with weapons.
They fought along several brigades in our army, but were never actually part of it. After a while our goverment noticed that they had other agendas besides helping their muslim brothers, but it was too late to kick a lot of them out. They married bosnian women, bought citizenships, that was it.
We have on several occasions extradicted terrorists when we had sufficient evidence for it.
If my memory serves me correctly, "Barbarosa", one of more famous members of Al-Qaeda spent some quality time in Bosnia. We had no clue who he is acutally until we were warned by inteligence agencies. He found out about it and fled, I don't know where.

Anyways, a whole bunch of them is now confined to a small region in central Bosnia, a few villages, and they are under tight control and observation.

You have to understand though that in 1995 we were a mess, entire infrastructure destroyed, communications dead, no food, no nothing. It was difficult to build it all again to the level on which we can control everything thats going on. Even now the serbian part "Republika Srpska" is still a mess.

With the arrival of american troops and later EU ones, we got a great deal of help and we were very much cooperative with them, any official report can confirm this.

We have our parliaments and presidents but the country is essentialy governed by Paddy Ashdown (eu high representative) and security matters are dealt with over international forces. All our police and military units work with them. My uncle is one of the police chiefs in my hometown so I know quite a lot about this.

So, even though Bosnia served as a perfect oportunity to establish a base of operations, Al-Qaeda never got to it because our leadership refused any connection with them.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Bosnia was used as a prooving ground for Al Quida operatives who had been trained in Afghaistan.

If i remember correctly they were a big part of the Kosovo Liberation Army we defended, but it may have been the other way round. Either way these days there are easier pickings in Iraq for wanna be jihadis, more porous borders, more active netwroks and less efficient policing.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Sounds like Clinton went to war to clear out a new utopia for terrorists to inhabit, while ignoring all the clear and present dangers to real U.S. interests (like lower Manhattan)...

And people still say he was a good President?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
In his Islamic Declaration Alija Izetbegovic the radical Muslim leader in Bosnia called for an Islamic controlled Europe starting with Bosnia...

Sorry but Alija Izetbegovic can hardly be considered radical....but i understand...you must like the word since theyve been feeding you with it constantly...sigh....

please post a link where he said that i really want to read it for myself.

And you obviously know nothing of the people there...you wanna know why the war broke out? Lets just say its becouse of the outside influence.
Yeah, you can guess...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Paperclip:

Is it possible that within some of the villages that still has some of these fighters it’s possible that some training and planning is going on? Could they maybe have figured out how to operate under observation?

After all, there are training camps and centers for terrorists in major cities and area's throughout the world that still go undetected.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
@paperclip

Ahhhh you poor victimized Muslims you just had to let the fanatics in because of the so-called "extremist" Serbs. Be realistic. In this present climate the Islamist controlled part of Bosnia is a no go area for most people.

Republika Srpska ain't rich but it's Christian and freedom loving and there's a growing number of tourists coming to the area:

sou rce

Reviewed by: Alex Bailey, Advanced, from New York City
Summary:
I decided last Christmas after 12 years of absence to book my ski vacation at Jahorina mountain. Jahorina is part of Republic of Srpska, Serbian part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The local population is very proud of Republic of Srpska's existence. Christmas period 2002. No, or very little snow in Central and Western Europe. However, enough snow at Jahorina mountain not to disappoint a spoiled American tourist. I was surprised to see large numbers of tourists from Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, especially considering recent violent history in the region. I only can recommend this region for your next ski vacation. The slopes were well groomed, the people very friendly, and the whole package affordable.

You know what Christmas is ?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Paperclip:

Is it possible that within some of the villages that still has some of these fighters it’s possible that some training and planning is going on? Could they maybe have figured out how to operate under observation?

Well, there have been several raids, no weapons were discovered.
They ARE talking though, your usual extremist talk, but since we too have freedom of speech we can't arrest them for talking.

Rest assured though, nobody in Bosnia wants their ideology.
We like our TVs, CDs, DVDs, parties, clubs, drinks (yes, bosnian muslims drink alcohol
) and all that, nobody wants to give it up and follow some crazed ideology.
If anything, we worship the west, specially Germany

We have very good relations with Germany, Austria, Sweden, Croatia, Slovenia, USA.... pretty much everyone except Serbia.
It is those values we all want and not Al-Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Sorry but Alija Izetbegovic can hardly be considered radical....

Dude just google: Alija Izetbegovic, islamic declaration

and do a bit of reading.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Sorry but Alija Izetbegovic can hardly be considered radical....

Dude just google: Alija Izetbegovic, islamic declaration

and do a bit of reading.

Man, havent seen you in a while

During communism Islam was a forbidden religion and his book is about the revival of religion not extremism.
He REFUSED to create an islamic republic in Bosnia, we had more then one oportunity for that, specially when Iran started lobbying back in 1994. Alija refused over and over again. He CREATED a secular, democratic state which still exists as such, a state in which all ethnic groups live quite nicely, all churches still stand (what cannot be said for mosques in serbian controlled part.... which is also the part with dozens of mass graves filled with civilians... but thats another story).

I'll elaborate more on it when I get back from my daily rollerblading session

Oh yeah, don't google Islamic Declaration, it will lead you to extremist serbian sites, some under watch of Cyber Police because of their "cetnik" status. (for those who do not know: cetniks are serbian extremists whos prefered method of murdering civilians is: slit a throat with a knife)

Better READ the book and then form an opinion on it

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Islamic Controlled Europe Starts with Bosnia?

You need some serious REALITY Injection, Dude!

You are watching too much Serbian Propganda - I guess you don't Agree that serbian "Scorpion Forces" slaughtered thousands of civilans in Srebrenica?

How were they considered "EXTREME" so they were so brutally Eliminated?

EXPLAIN PLEASE!

[edit on 18/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
hehe tnx paperclip, you take this one

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ahhhh you poor victimized Muslims you just had to let the fanatics in because of the so-called "extremist" Serbs. Be realistic. In this present climate the Islamist controlled part of Bosnia is a no go area for most people.

SO-CALLED?!?!?

FOR THE KING AND FATHERLAND!

FREEDOM OR DEATH!

Really Non-Extremistic....

For all those who don't know - this is a Chetnic Flag, in use since 19th century and Paramilitay units in agression of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina often used such flah and many variations.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Im thinking maybe some of the radicals may be in Slovenia instead...

But what do I know?

Thanks Paperclip for your insight. Its refreshing to get intel from people who know. Its too bad many people dont beleive what I KNOW about my own country
But thats another topic.

NOTE: For this thread I have removed the notorious Souljah from my ignore list. I am curious to see his "opinion" on a subject close to his home. I will of course add him back as soon as I am bored with him again.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by northwolf

Thats a joke right? London was under tight control too...

Skippy im voting you ...

Your general knowledge of things outside the US is shocking and your perception leaves much to desire.

[EDIT - Personal insults removed. Jak]

[edit on 18/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight
Skippy im voting you...
Your general knowledge of things outside the US is shocking and your perception leaves much to desire.

Well that’s quite a coincidence Motion, as your statement is a blatant personal attack and very against the TOS. So, I am voting you the most reported to the mods for TOS violations. GRATS!!

[edit on 18/8/05 by JAK]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join