It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Special Army Responsible for Brazilian's Death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The UK Guardian is reporting that soldiers from the New Special Army may have played a bigger part in Menenez' death than previously thought. It was said that their participation was 'low level' and non-specific, but now they are saying that the Special Reconnaissance Regiment, established to combat international terrorism' may have actively played a part in this whole misguided affair. In another article in the Guardian the are saying that one soldier was in charge of surveillance and he is the one who is being blamed for going off to the bathroom and getting things wrong. Is this their 'lone gunman' theory? Is the army only owning up to making a huge identification mistake rather than the actual shooting?

This changes things completely people. We can no longer keep saying that it was trigger happy cops who screwed up.

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 18-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just found this document as well which contains a first person account from an officer that was there.

'According to this officer, Mr de Menezes stood up and walked towards him: "I grabbed the male in the denim jacket by wrapping both my arms around his torso pinning his arms to his side. I then pushed him back on to the seat where he had previously been sitting ... I then heard a gunshot very close to my ear and was dragged away on to the floor of the carriage."

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Oops - accidently double posting.

join