It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come in his name.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Self-Fulfillment

:

The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways.

Yes he does. Of course so does Simon Gray and his merry band of staff. Why do I get the feeling this thread is someones amusement?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I did think there was something odd about the original post. Of course I hesitated to say anything.

Anybody catch the title: "I've come in his name"
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say, "I've come in His name?"

Or is my brain yanking my chain, here?

JMHO

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
LOL! It does remind me of a mischieveous imp onthe staff, but the IP's don't match.

Interesting, though, that people assume that a staff member is yanking chords!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
LOL! It does remind me of a mischieveous imp onthe staff, but the IP's don't match.

Interesting, though, that people assume that a staff member is yanking chords!

Staff yanking chords? Never. Shame on those of us, including me who would think of accusing such innocent folks.
Checking IP's are ya? Isn't it your bedtime yet Thomas?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There was some speculation during the thread as to wether this could turn out to be the longest of all introduction thread of all time.

Sorry to say that with 84 replies and 2072 views, ServantofGod is not a winner yet.

GeneralDilemma came to clean up ATS with his first introduction and snagged 141 responces and 4863 views, but he also ran a second intro thread that pulled in 51 responces and a further 1567 views. He seems to be the champ and I think he got banded.

Next comes Colonel with 134 responces and 3438 views. The Colonel is also banned.

A few should get honorable mention:
dragonrider 115 & 6769
juliee 92 & 2486
Xephyre 79 & 1868

OK, I had some free time on my hands and this kept bugging me, so I went through all 62 pages and 3085 entries just to find out the numbers.

OH MAN!!!!! I think I need to find a hobby............

I also checked ServantofGods "find posts" and he never returnd to the boards.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServantofGod
Though I am new to the faith and do not know all there is to know, I know what God has taught me so far. He sent me to this site without a doubt. It is covered in sin. It is filled with people looking for answers in the wrong place-and worse, people who think they know the answers and are so off. As a lot of you are now, you will never be certain of what you believe. But because faith can move mountains, God will help you through me. I say in all humbleness that my faith, though young is strong. I will pray for those lost souls of this site. I care about all of you. Because I care so much, I want you to stop spreading lies about God and Christianity. It displeases God of whom I love. Not only this, but for your sin you will be punished. I don't want that to happen. I am no master debator, but...

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13

Holycrap dude, are you that for real!!!

*scratches head*

Welcome aboard oh holy one.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Gone To Jesus

Originally posted by StarChild
Welcome aboard oh holy one.

Alas, it seems our beloved and immensely popular servant has been called elsewhere, since the Lord's work is never done.

Perhaps someday, in the fullness of time, God's faithful servant will return as a shepherd returns unto his flock.

Then, we may all be led unto the promised land, amen.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   
WooHoo!!
The General was The Man!!
This is the Maestro's introduction
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is another one of his introductions ...

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

GeneralDilemma came to clean up ATS with his first introduction and snagged 141 responces and 4863 views, but he also ran a second intro thread that pulled in 51 responces and a further 1567 views. He seems to be the champ and I think he got banded.

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Netchicken]

[edit on 7-9-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
WooHoo!!
The General was The Man!!
This is the Maestro's introduction

Here is another one of his introductions ...

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

No man shook the core of ATS like GeneralDilemma and let me tell you... There was no finer moment than we he stood tall and told it like it was.

An ungrateful, and quite honestly an ill mannered membership disregarded the good General's call to arms. The chance for civility and a home cooked meal every night slipped away, the victim of a few radical feminists. Who can carry on the good fight on an empty stomach? Who can dispel the myriad of disinformation when the home fires aren't burning? Not the manly membership of ATS, that's who!

GeneralDilemma may have passed from the mortal coil of ATS, but his memory lives on, the memory of a man who would give his all to that which shunned his good offices.

ATS is poorer.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Old soldiers never die, they just... get eulogized by other old soldiers.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm very interested in taking a tour back in time and reading some of the fine work that GeneralDilemma contributed to ATS that caused such a ruckus.

I did notice that the highest scoring Introduction Threads are the ones that come in with a BANG and make grand claims about all the changes that need to be made.

The ATS community loves this stuff and enjoys a heated debate. Maybe we need a forum that has "no holds barred" with resricted entry. A place where all the banned people can go.

I bet members would pay up 2000 points just to get access to the fun and games and downright mudslinging. We would have to drop the censors and put in some sort of proof of age I would imagine.

I think most of the T&C should still be followed, but some key areas could be relaxed enough to make this a very vibrant forum that would attract some of the more outspoken members.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I will pray for those lost souls of this site. I care about all of you. Because I care so much, I want you to stop spreading lies about God and Christianity. It displeases God of whom I love. Not only this, but for your sin you will be punished.

oh boy..... lemme get this straight, you're going to pray for the lost souls here ?

You come here as a new member and immeaditly KNOW that everyone here has a lost soul and is a "sinner". i think making such harsh unfair baised judgements is a sin ...agree ?

See, you assume you are 100% sinfree, yet by making that post you made , you've proven me otherwise.

Still, welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It seems some behavioral modification programs are in order.

1. ServantOfGod would benefit from a full day's training in ATS Forum warfare from GeneralDilemma to build some mettle - and to avoid the gross dereliction of duty and shirking - one should never slink off, arrow-ended tail between his or her legs.

2. The banned member featured on this page who got at TC's goat will have learned something about random acts of authority, but needs to now learn to turn the other cheek, unless s/he has done something about an eye and a tooth somewhere that we don't know about. Actually, the whole thing about turning the other cheek versus exacting revenge is a thing that no Holy Scriptures resolve ALL THAT WELL.

3. There is a certain intro thread with only two posts that had over 500 edits before the edit function became limited to a picayune two hour window. The members concerned need to learn to communicate with maturiity in private rather than playing silly games on a conspiracy website!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
You know, this is no longer and intro thread.

It has taken on a life of its own. I wonder if it serves any purpose anymore.
The author here has made one, and only one post here on ATS and has not been back to reply to thee ramblings. He auuthored this and booked!

Perhaps it time to call it a day here?

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I agree. Lock it up, before it gets out of hand.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It would be unfair to lock up this Intro thread.

There are fine, upstanding examples of people who take the role of "servants of God" in political affairs and spend most of their time on vacation, coming out for photo ops as the need arises.

I, for one, would not dismiss the message of the ServantofGod who is the subject of this thread. They will return, even if the tidal current seems to be somehow dead set against them.

Even when the thread is closed, the "mystery" remains...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This thread attracted the interest of so many ATS members and received many great replies.
For all we know, ServantofGod is spending time in cloistered prayer and is now making a petition to God so that all our sinfull butts may be saved. It may also be the case that he so angered God that he was smitten with some affliction that is preventing any further reply at this time.

Whatever the case may be, the thread should live on.

He may rise again, and if he does, he'll have a bunch of points in his acct. and a big thank-you from me for starting a very interesting thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Unless it's a prank, I think this ServantofGod is a "she".

And I have been (not often) wrong about such things.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join