It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've come in his name.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I could never speak for all of ATS, but I assure you that you would be a welcome member in this mixed bag of nuts. The very nature of this community is a lust to thrive on controversy, and in that regard you became a success in your very first post. We may need to find some stats on who has the longest intro. thread, you may hold that honor.

Sure, they set down certain rules to make things run a bit smoother, but there is a forum for everything and I know you will find your place very fast.
Don't let the rabble scare you off.................

Hope this is just a technical problem your having and you'll be back soon.

EDIT: I just took a look, and you have made almost 300 points already and are now into a forth page. Your a hit with only a few lines of text......

[edit on 21/8/2005 by anxietydisorder]

[edit on 21/8/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Servant, I hope you have not fled off into the land of the silent. It is NOT wrong to proclaim your faith, even if those who listen mock you. When I found my path I too had delusions of granduer, When I realized I could not only hear but understand the voice of God I felt as though a messengers life had been proclaimed for me. Not even the meds could stop me from proclaiming the greatness of our creator.

Of course, our message is a bit differant. Not much though, we are both human after all. Here's a few of the differances:

I don't believe in sin, hell, heaven, no one has died to redeem me, i've never been anything less then a delight to my creator. God has never punished me and never will. The terrible situations i've found myself in have been my own fault. I don't believe in religions, they are ALL manmade and meant to control and steal from the people while denying them the very thing they promise, a relationship with their creator. I believe it would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

You see, we are almost just alike. Two human beings trying to find our way along our spiritual paths and sharing it as we can with those who we meet.

It's good to meet you brother. I hope you will stay and debate with us.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantofGod
Though I am new to the faith and do not know all there is to know,

carry on.... i am paying full attention

I know what God has taught me so far. He sent me to this site without a doubt.

God scoped ATS and sent you in? that rocks..... so what are you? a spook? a spy for Him? how does one join this holy intelligence agency?

It is covered in sin.

Innit

It is filled with people looking for answers in the wrong place-and worse, people who think they know the answers and are so off.

True, but what ya gonna do.....

As a lot of you are now, you will never be certain of what you believe.

This is true..... I can't believe they remade The Italian Job.... what a crap movie! Michael Caine should roll on Hollywood with a howitzer.

But because faith can move mountains,

So can Daisy Cutters..... ask the natives of Tora Bora

God will help you through me.

No He won't..... if He is to help me then He wont need your efforts as a go between. After all He is all powerful so why not be able to do long distance without signal relay? i wouldnt want that signal to be DISTORTED now, would i?

I say in all humbleness that my faith, though young is strong.

Fair play to you then

I will pray for those lost souls of this site.

Yes as it happens i am lost.... is this the way to Amarillo?

I care about all of you.

Thats cool man..... One Nation and all that

Because I care so much,

you can lend me a twenty? be paid back next week, honest

I want you to stop spreading lies about God and Christianity.

I dont so i guess me and Jah dont have beef over that

It displeases God of whom I love.

well, fairs fair..... he cant be pleased about people dissing him behind his back when they aint got the testicular fortitude to say it to his face

Not only this, but for your sin you will be punished.

innit.... SMITE DEM, JAH!

I don't want that to happen.

yes you do.... Kali demands you take pleasure in watching the Damned suffer

I am no master debator, but...

what are you? a monk?

Oh and Hi btw......

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
mirthful

ATS’s opportunity for salvation had indeed come and passed, however, the propensity for grand standing hasn’t abated.

Weird…

Fair parry and riposte, funny monkey.

Oh, and speaking of the medal, can I maybe get a Master Debater medal for my avatar, you know, shiny gold like a WATS award, but with an embossed box of tissues instead?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think we scared him off ......

I don't know why its obvious from this thread that we are totally eager to see him here.

COME BACK AND SAVE ATS!!!!

The members of ATS are all going to burn in the files of hell for eternity (and some even longer).

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My Mod Ate My Pennant

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Oh, and speaking of the medal, can I maybe get a Master Debater medal for my avatar, you know, shiny gold like a WATS award, but with an embossed box of tissues instead?

Amorymeltzer is aware of the tardiness of your pennant, which is, um, at the cleaners. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Anyway, Kano is the guy with the code, access and voodoo mojo necessary to pin the tail on your avatar, and Amory has volunteered to bug him about it.

There is also a thread on this in the Pub, and other staff members have also expressed a desire to see you properly tagged and released ASAP.

Everyone wants to see that flag on you, studly.

Edit: You know, technically, you can wear this now. Just tack it on the bottom of your avatar or drop it in your sig. I'm sure the staff will let you slide on avatar height until you get your "official" pennant.

Yeah, I know, maybe silly, but I'm just sayin'. You're the champ, and ain't no law against, I'm thinking.

Update: Mirthful Me has requested that any available admin take care of this. They're kind of busy right now -- unsurprisingly -- but we're hoping someone can take care of this quickly.

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for being patient.

[edit on 8/21/2005 by Majic]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Kindred Souls

Originally posted by mrwupy
I don't believe in sin, hell, heaven, no one has died to redeem me, i've never been anything less then a delight to my creator. God has never punished me and never will. The terrible situations i've found myself in have been my own fault. I don't believe in religions, they are ALL manmade and meant to control and steal from the people while denying them the very thing they promise, a relationship with their creator. I believe it would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul. [...]

You see, we are almost just alike. Two human beings trying to find our way along our spiritual paths and sharing it as we can with those who we meet.

Sorry for the long quote, but this is the first time I have seen anyone (including myself) express my own observations and conclusions so eloquently and succinctly on ATS. It is quite stunning, really.

Your vision of things seems to corroborate with mine to a remarkable degree. I know of sin's true nature and sense the existence of hell both now and in my own memories, so I disagree about those. But you may consider me both impressed and inspired by how much our assessments appear to agree.

Yes, our Creator most certainly does love us, no matter what. It is a love so powerful and unconditional that it is itself the embodiment of All That Is. It is literally the fabric of our being, unless I am tragically mistaken (which I most certainly could be).

The destiny of all souls, without exception, is to grow and create ourselves. And one day, we will all unite in a time when we will all finally understand, when fear and suffering and death and hell (which we create for ourselves) will be thrown away, discarded like chaff from grain, because we will no longer have need of them.

I don't know when that day will come, but I know it will, as it has before.

I know that hope will always be there, awaiting our embrace, and that a true hero stands firm when all seems lost.

Yours is clearly a path marked by Light.

If only mine were as brightly lit.

Namasté,

Amon

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
*constant giggles*

I've been absent for a while......I come back and almost pi** myself laughing at you lot....dang I love this place

*s'more giggling*

Oooooops......I almost forgot! Welcome, SoB errr G.

Sandy

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Medicinal Purposes

Originally posted by sanse_nz
I've been absent for a while......I come back and almost pi** myself laughing at you lot....dang I love this place

When you laugh, the whole world laughs with you.

Or at you... I forget.

Laughter is always a good sign.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Right on, mrwupy and majic

Your posts sum up quite neatly what i feel my journey is all about, too.

Nice to know we aren't alone.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
4 pages of replies to this thread that ServantofGod started as his/her intro.
No response from him/her regarding all the well thought out replies

Looks like we are all doomed to dwell in the dark nether regions of cyber hell

Please ServantofGod, come and rescue all the lost and sinful people who dare to blacken the INTERNET with their sinful postings here on ATS.

We do need saving, honest, really we do...........

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
ServantofGod is like a rock, unmoved by his sinful supplicants...silent determination is his game and it is working.

His first and last post have done more to cause navel gazing amongst us than 300 biblical passages in BTS.

If anyone is into (sinful) betting...I say his points total will reach 1000 before he starts another thread.
Any takers?

(All bets off if the thread is trashed)

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
is it??
no reply to anything from the SOG so far..no new threads..no curteous replies to existing threads..no saving of the souls(cmon dude..i need to be saved)..another thing mods..why has he got bts and pts points if this is his only thread?..has he replied in another forum somewhere??

i think a lot of people were waiting and hoping to have some great oral intercourse with this guy because he could be a master debater

here`s hoping he comes back..because he MIGHT have something of interest to us all

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
ServantOfGod, sure shook up a nest of Vipers for 2 or 3 pages with his first post, it was not what ServantOfGod was about or said, but the way its faults showed others faults.

Most looking why the current scapegoat was wrong and attacking, while accepting that familiar boost.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If I had a dime for everyone here who came to change my mind about something. Christians, Communists, Nazis, etc etc. Oh well, you're free to speak if you mind your manners.

A quick point to consider though for our missionary friend: I see few things said about God here. God can be everything the Bible says he is, but that wouldn't have much to do with conspiracy theories regarding the church.

When it comes to conspiracy, it is not God who most attack, but those who say one thing and do another, claiming to be His church while they scheme and conspire for their own personal gain in wealth and power.

Having been a devout Baptist for some years in the not too distant past, I am well aware that in the church, some are servants of God, some are servants of themselves, and some THINK they are servants of God while they ACTUALLY serve those who serve themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Servants With A Smile

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Having been a devout Baptist for some years in the not too distant past, I am well aware that in the church, some are servants of God, some are servants of themselves, and some THINK they are servants of God while they ACTUALLY serve those who serve themselves.

Heretic! Only someone who is against God would say that!

Um... yeah.

Speaking as one who has confessed to summoning and communing with demons in the past (but I got better), I have something of a nose for them.

Those who worship their own vanity tend to be put off when I tell them that churches are to demons what sugar is to flies.

Groups of people gathering together to heap praise on self-referential idols?

There are no spiritual pastures more fertile than those, and all the bile, arrogance, self-righteous indignation and hatred which accumulates and spills forth from churches is all the proof necessary of this.

Of course, not all churches are cauldrons of evil. There are many places where love and light are prized and promoted.

But they are a small minority in comparison to the bastions of darkness which infest the land and corrupt the "faithful".

Good luck warning people about that.

They always take it personally.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Seems like the new kid on the block is certainly continuing to get a lot of attention. Maybe someone is trying to see just how far some posters will go to express belief or lack of belief in a religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I still am suspicious of this character. I will ask again - how did this get through the registration process? A person with an agenda?

Was this a bait for the new guidelines?

Come on sweeties - fess up!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I thought I would check back to see if we had any word from ServantofGod, but alas, nothing.

I must say though, this thread has given me some insight into some of the other members and I hope this thread never gets trashed. It has been a lot of fun to follow and has had some great responses. When it's run the coarse it should fade into the depths of the servers and be stored for future posterity.

I see the thread has pulled in about 370 points now...........

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Self-Fulfillment

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I see the thread has pulled in about 370 points now...........

The Lord works in strange and mysterious ways.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join