It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A friend of mine said is was awkward for me to be neopagan and be a male. I do not share this view.

Does anyone see it as odd for a male to be a neopagan or practice witchcraft?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
don't see why that is odd - why do you care? your friend is simply misinformed and is relying upon a stereotype.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Naw...it's not odd at all. I've seen lots of males interested in paganism.

About practicing witchcraft, though, I advise extreme caution.

Paganism is, imo, a practice where people observe the world and it's satellites, like the lunar and the solar phases as well as the other planets and has more to do with when to plant, reap and hunt than anything else. You certainly don't need to be female to do that. However, most of those 'paths' have as their Deity goddesses because the feminine is all about regeneration.

Witchcraft is all about influencing others through spells, etc., and as far as I'm concerned, this breaks the first rule that you should 'harm none'. To use rituals and spells for self improvement is another thing altogether and breaks no rules I can think of.

Care to be more specific of the type of paganism you intend to practice? I'm no 'expert' in the field, but have some experience and have read much on the subject.

I'm a Deist, by the way, so I suppose I'm a pagan too.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by masqua]

new topics

join