It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts And Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I was wondering my brother has graced me with some storys. After telling him mine and my sister's we all figured we had some contact with the spirits that reside in our house.

Now here's what i want to know.Ghosts take energy like flashlights and battery power and other things,right.My brother tells me that the ghosts take the energy around him. Which explained why one morning my brother tripped in the hallway. Can anyone shed light on how they do it?

I never in my life heard of ghosts taking human energy away.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes I have heard of this from many people. Apparently they lay beside you while you sleep to get it. I'm not sure how. It isn't forceful anyway, they just "absorb the energy you give off" or something. Some of them drain you, but most of them take small amounts and you don't even notice. Apparently if you astral project, you can see them and sometimes wake up with one beside you or around you.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hmm, I cannot recall a specific instance in which a ghost drained energy from a human. Many people do argue, however, that ghosts draw energy from their surroundings. They point to the well-known phenomena of 'cold spots' as evidence of this. Essentially, the argument goes that ghosts require energy to interact with the physical world in the small ways they have been known to (slamming doors, writing crude messages, scratching people, etc.) and they draw this energy from their enviornment, thus causing a drop in temperature.

Whether or not this is true is entirely open for debate, given that most ghosts are unwilling to submit to laboratory analysis. I have only ever seen what I believed to be a ghost once, and did not notice any drop in temperature or draining of energy. However, while ghosts remain a mystery to science, I guess anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ghosts don't always take energy. the only times they do is when they're going to manifest themselves and be active. normally, a regular individual, doesn't even notice they're around.

when a ghost manifests themselves they drain energy from the surrounding, thus creating cold spots. if there happen to be batteries and such nearby they will attempt to drain that as well.

taking energy from a human happens rarely to never. only times you feel drained is when you're partially being taken over or when you sense something very intensly. this can be very draining to a psychic. but you feel more sick and tired and disorientated afterwards then actually having energy drained from you.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I guess we have different definitions and beliefs about ghosts too. I am talking about spirits, the actual beings, the souls. Not the mindless "hologram" of a person that is left behind after a person dies (which is the hauntings). Those don't need energy as they slowly fade away over time. The actual part of beings that continue on do need it, I believe.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
there are different types of hauntings and some never fade away. they need another means to be dealt with

new topics

top topics

join