It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This asteroid is still worrisome.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Near Miss Asteroid

I realize the above asteroid has been ruled out for a colision with Earth in 2029.
However this article seems to say scientist don't know what its made of or how earths orbit might effect it.

Now I assume that it wont hit yet what if it is britle enough that earths gravity could pull it into pieces that could then hit earth?

Is this possibility ruled out?

Passing that close reminds me of the comet that broke up into Jupitor a few years ago.

Could breaking up asteroids be a partial explanation of why the moon has sooo many smaller impact points?

In my mind this thing could still reak havoc to our planet. By then if I am still here I will have had a goo d long life but it worries me for the younger generations and our future.

I am sure someone here knows more facts?

X

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am much more worried about 12/12/2012. Even so that is a long time away and if it were to hit at least it would be an awesome fireworks show.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I would be even more concerned with January 1, 2007 On this date javier Solanas Euro-med contract which he formulated back in 1995 will be confirmed! It is a 7 year contract- a "contract with many." It is a 7 year contract becuase the weu has a 7 year budget. Sounds a whole lot like the 7 year contract with many in the book of revelation. Also you should note that the document that created javiers present position and office is called recomendation 666 If you dont't Know Jesus get to know him !

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
I would be even more concerned with January 1, 2007 On this date javier Solanas Euro-med contract which he formulated back in 1995 will be confirmed! It is a 7 year contract- a "contract with many." It is a 7 year contract becuase the weu has a 7 year budget. Sounds a whole lot like the 7 year contract with many in the book of revelation. Also you should note that the document that created javiers present position and office is called recomendation 666 If you dont't Know Jesus get to know him !

Ahem...

I would believe there to be a potential for the asteroid to be broken up, but asteroids are also a lot more dense than comets. Plus, Jupiter's tidal forces are a lot stronger than those of the Earth's.

Aside from that, SpaceDaily is also not that good of a source for astronomical information.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
LOL, I love that pic. I'd be more worried about that bus you won't see when you cross the road.....

Just live and enjoy.
Anything that is inbound, we are helpless to do anything anyway.

Who knows, there could be something inbound moving so fast we haven't detected it yet - too many if's to worry about.

What's Bruce Willis doing these days......?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Now I assume that it wont hit yet what if it is britle enough that earths gravity could pull it into pieces that could then hit earth?

Is this possibility ruled out?

Passing that close reminds me of the comet that broke up into Jupitor a few years ago.

The Earth doesnt have as much gravity as Jupiter so it is unlikely that Earth could rip apart a passing comet/asteroid. Plus that one fell apart heading towards Jupiter. Because the space around such a large planet is so warped the closer it got the more the front of the asteroid was being pulled away from the rear of it, thus tearing it apart.

Besides we wont be able to see an asteroid heading right at us. So right when you say "What's that thi- " you're dead.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Ahem...

I would believe there to be a potential for the asteroid to be broken up, but asteroids are also a lot more dense than comets. Plus, Jupiter's tidal forces are a lot stronger than those of the Earth's.

Aside from that, SpaceDaily is also not that good of a source for astronomical information.

Well like I said I figured someone had more information. I was not aware that science had determined all asteroids were more dense than comets.

I guess the asteroid will fly by in tact.

X

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

one_small_step
Anything that is inbound, we are helpless to do anything anyway.

actually there are numerous concepts out there to push / pull / deflect / and/or destroy that would likely work, we wont know until one comes our way and is looking to wipe us out.

I dont think any asteroid or comet will hit earth in my life, at least not a significant one...cause the earth's atmosphere burns up over a thousand small objects every day.

Xeven
Could breaking up asteroids be a partial explanation of why the moon has sooo many smaller impact points?

No, the moon looks so pummeled because it as no atmosphere for defense and since it has no weather is cant (like the earth does) cover up past hits. Not to mention its being taking hits for millions of years. Any planet or moon with no atmosphere will be cratered like crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Ahem...

Its very simple friend. Two thousand years ago the book of Revelation predicted( as well as several thousand years ago in the book of Daniel) that there would arise in the last days a fourth and final kingdom upon this planet shortly before the physical return of Jesus Christ.

Its ruler we are told would arise out of a 10 nation alliance, which we now have identified as the WEU or Western European Nations -10 nations.

We are also told that this ruler would be associated with the number 666. In 1998 the office of High Representative for the Common Foreign and Security Policy. was created. The doucument's number which created this office was 666. www.assemblee-ueo.org... The first, and I believe the only man to occupy this office is Javier Solana, I believe is the man predicted to fulfill this prophecy.

Similarly we are told in Scripture that this man will confirm a seven year contract with many but in the middle of it he will break it. It just so happens that this contract already exist, written by none other than Javier Solana and it is called the Euro-Med europa.eu.int/comm/external_relations/euromed/ - 30k and it is a seven year contract (coisidently the EU has a 7 year budget)which is yet to be confirmed. The set date for its confirmation is January 1, 2007. That is just 1 year and 5 months away!

What does this all mean? Jesus Christ is coming very soon whether we want to believe it or not. For those who are looking for him it will we wonderful but for those who are not it will be to their shame.

Dark days are ahead for all who call themselves followers of Jesus Christ but there is the light of Chrisdt's return at the end of it.

The fear of the reality that lay just before us is greater than the fear of a possible asteroid strike- which I believe is immininant too.

So in conclusion I say, If you don't know Jesus take the time now to get to know him. The shadows of today are growing longer and soon there will be complete darkness all around us.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Graystar]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Graystar, thanks for clarifying that up. The only problem is no one knows will Jesus will be coming again, even though there are some who think that they do. That's straight from the Bible.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Near Miss Asteroid

I realize the above asteroid has been ruled out for a colision with Earth in 2029.
However this article seems to say scientist don't know what its made of or how earths orbit might effect it.

Now I assume that it wont hit yet what if it is britle enough that earths gravity could pull it into pieces that could then hit earth

X

Jupiters gravitation is so much more than earths, like someone already said,
and the comet Shoemaker-Levy that was broken apart by the
gravitational forces of Jupiter....actually was a comet as we commonly/stereotypically know one as...
a loose rabble of ices and gravel sized rocks, quite easily broken up.

but since the Asteroid you mentioned, which is projected to
Not Hit The Earth, but will just passby and be very little preturbed by
the Earths gravity.
..logic & physics suggest that a dense, solid, rocky object, which we commonly understand an Asteroid to be,
has very little chance of being of such a fragile & brittle nature that a near-earth flyby encounter
could cause it to shatter into many smaller boulder or house-size chunks.

!! of course, the astronomer community, is probably going to have to re-write the definitions of comets, meteors and such- because of the recent 4th of July deliberate crash of a impact device into comet Tempel

-which produced the results one would expect from impacting an Asteroid, and not a Comet!!!-

~~~~~~~~

that potporee of 2nd coming stuff,
i thought the prophets say the messiah will return as; 'lightning flashes from west to east'
nothing about the 2nd coming as a comet(either in the sky or crashing into earth) so i see no link in bringing this up

((?its really stretching it, to further reduce the EU to a supposed 10 western EU nations....attempting to make prophecy snippets to fit the events & vica-versa
i also thought the 7year 'treaty' was specific to the remnant of Israel and Jerusalem, & thus allowing for the construction of a 3rd temple))
*but all thats for a conspiracy in religions, or predictions thread*... chow

E_T

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Actually asteroids can be loose rubble piles. Some of them have even lower density than water.
Mass of small asteroid is so small that its gravity can't compress any loose space away. Those asteroids which are almost pure solid iron are propably remnants from deceased differentiated planetoids broken by impacts.

And in this case size of Apophis is such that if tidal forces would break it to pieces it wouldn't be serious problem.
Pieces would be so small that some of them would burn completely in atmosphere or explode in upper atmosphere. (military satellites have detected even hundred kiloton explosions in there)
Of course if there's harder chips those would survive to lower atmosphere/surface but most they could do would be destroying average city.
And for impact without breaking up... gathered evidence points that "~2000 sq km clear cutting" done by airblast in Tunguska was caused by rocky asteroid whose size might have been few hundred meters.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thanks for all the feedback and information. That is what I love about this sight.. I learn something new that I otherwise would never learn if I never found this sight. Some posts are not very brilliant yet you always find at least one out of all of us who really knows something about this stuff.

Of course some of the on the edge things are fun to read, but I mostly love the closer to reallity stuff rather than the fringe topics were I can really learn something.

X

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Man there is something that I just dont like about this guy...

Javier Solgna... I mean I know he did a lot of good things, but something in Revelations tells me this guy could be trouble and maybe its not even intentional.. but

BLUE, remember the part about the BLUE CROWN or BLUE Turbin etc, and look at this photo there is 7 FULL STARS above his head just like a crown.

And when I google him there is almost always that BLUE flag with the stars on it, for the WEU or whatever its called.

Just something seems a little odd if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Graystar...

1. The rapture has to happen first then before anything else happens

2. the anti christ rises to power in the turmoil and worldwide socio-economic panic of the rapture.

3. At some point after his rise of power he signs a 7 year peace accord with israil and breaks that halfway thru

4. The 7 wraths of god are poured upon the world

5. At the end of the 7 years of tribulation christ returns.

We are not in the middle or anywere near the start of this 7 year period. Unless I and millions of others missed the disappearance of countless millions in the rapture. Jeez if your gonna start talking prophecy at least understand it and have your dates correct.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Graystar, thanks for clarifying that up. The only problem is no one knows will Jesus will be coming again, even though there are some who think that they do. That's straight from the Bible.

Actually what it says is that we do not know the day or hour that Jesus will return. that is true. I don't know that either. What we do know is that the anti-christ is about to emerge from obscurity and Javier fits the bill to the "T." I can only speculate this emergance, but can say with certainty that it won't be very long.

The Bible tells us to keep an eye on Isreal that when we see her surrounded with enemies know that the time of her desolation is near. It is prophecised that only 1/3 would survive after the seven year contract is broken at the mid way point. What we are seeing happening in Isreal today is nothing short of astounding. Its all leading up to a seven year peace agreement between Isreal and the newly formed Palastinian state brookered by the WEU; orchestrated (from behind the senes to most observers)by the contract written by Javier Solana in 1995. And as I have said before this will be confirmed on January 1, 2007.

Jejus Christ is coming. even so tommorow is not promised to us will you be ready to meet him? Ask him to come into your life and to be your saviour if you havent already

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Once again the rapture has to start the ball rolling before any other stuff can happen

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
Graystar...

1. The rapture has to happen first then before anything else happens

2. the anti christ rises to power in the turmoil and worldwide socio-economic panic of the rapture.

3. At some point after his rise of power he signs a 7 year peace accord with israil and breaks that halfway thru

4. The 7 wraths of god are poured upon the world

5. At the end of the 7 years of tribulation christ returns.

We are not in the middle or anywere near the start of this 7 year period. Unless I and millions of others missed the disappearance of countless millions in the rapture. Jeez if your gonna start talking prophecy at least understand it and have your dates correct.

friend I have to respectfully disagree with you. Paul says that that day will not occur until the son of perdition is revealed

[1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. ]

Why do most American Christians Believe that they will float out of here on a fluffy pillow of ease just before hell breaks loose here. I submit that it is because this generation has been fed a super diet of christian fiction such as has been dished out to us by the left behind series.

more than 80% of the worlds christians are already in the tribulation. We American Christians have not had to suffer death for our faith as the millions of christians in Africa or china or pakistan etc. Leaving out of here before our cross is an American Fantacy and time will prove me right. Such beliefs only lead to laziness in the American Christian Community. Persecution unto death is coming to America. Look all around you we are Hate mongers and intolerant in the worlds eyes.

I believe in the rapture But I submit for your examination that it will most likely occur just prior to the seven fianal plagues. I believe this is what Jesus has promised to save us from, as they are Gods judgements on sin and un repentant man.

if the rapture occurs in chapture 12 of Revelation prior to the rise of antichrist, then what is this found in chapter 14 after 13- the rise of anti christ. I believe these chapters to be chronologially correct.

[14I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one "like a son of man"[a] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, "Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." 16So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
17Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe." 19The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. 20They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.]

Also look at this verse here, you will find it very interesting

[And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.]
Am I to believe that these are non believers who come to christ? they cover a sea af glass! are you telling me that that many non beleivers are suddenly going to accept Jesus when faced with death? I dont think so. That's you and me brother standing there upon that sea of glass - PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

Its not my intention to be rude at all i M just here to wake everyone from their slumber. ((((((((((((American Christians))))))))))))))) awaken! some one has turned this pot up to a boil and we are fast a sleep in our prosperity and health and success. Get out of your hummers and on to your knees!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

[1Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. ]

Why do most American Christians Believe that they will float out of here on a fluffy pillow of ease just before hell breaks loose here. I submit that it is because this generation has been fed a super diet of christian fiction such as has been dished out to us by the left behind series.

more than 80% of the worlds christians are already in the tribulation. We American Christians have not had to suffer death for our faith as the millions of christians in Africa or china or pakistan etc. Leaving out of here before our cross is an American Fantacy and time will prove me right. Such beliefs only lead to laziness in the American Christian Community. Persecution unto death is coming to America. Look all around you we are Hate mongers and intolerant in the worlds eyes.

I believe in the rapture But I submit for your examination that it will most likely occur just prior to the seven fianal plagues. I believe this is what Jesus has promised to save us from, as they are Gods judgements on sin and un repentant man.

if the rapture occurs in chapture 12 of Revelation prior to the rise of antichrist, then what is this found in chapter 14 after 13- the rise of anti christ. I believe these chapters to be chronologially correct.

[14I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one "like a son of man"[a] with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, "Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe." 16So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
17Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, "Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe." 19The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. 20They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.]

Also look at this verse here, you will find it very interesting

[And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.]
Am I to believe that these are non believers who come to christ? they cover a sea af glass! are you telling me that that many non beleivers are suddenly going to accept Jesus when faced with death? I dont think so. That's you and me brother standing there upon that sea of glass - PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

Its not my intention to be rude at all i M just here to wake everyone from their slumber. ((((((((((((American Christians))))))))))))))) awaken! some one has turned this pot up to a boil and we are fast a sleep in our prosperity and health and success. Get out of your hummers and on to your knees!

1. The anti-christ has not been revealed yet.

2. Christian persacution worldwide has been happening since the time of christ. Are you forgetting christians who were used as sport in rome? Thats nothing new every major religion in the world has been persacuted look at the jews in WWII. If you base it simply off that statement then christ should have came hundreds of years ago.

3. Whats the point in making your faithful who have earned the right to heaven thru christ go thru half of the tribulation? The point of rapture to not half to face the endtimes and the inevitable hell. I was brought up to belief that the faithful were too be removed before the tribulation, and that the world would not plunge into this until the rapture which after the anti christ takes the reins.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Whompa1]

apc

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
... and aren't the four horsemen supposed to be:

War; Famine; Disease; and Big Friggin' Asteroids?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join