It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High tech tombstone where you play a short video of your love ones.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.local6.com...

A new company plans to unveil new high-tech tombstones with embedded flat screen monitors that would allow visitors to play memorial videos of the deceased, according to a report.

do we really need to go high tech just for this tombstone thing. as much as we love to visit our love ones. i dont think we need to have a remote control and press play and watch the tombstone we the flat screen monitor and we sit on the green grass to watch how our loves ones were when they were alive. i can watch my dead relatives or friends just by watching home videos.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Can't say I'd want it myself, i always HATE how i look and sound on video.

Mind you i've seen some gravestones with pictures (some colour) of loved ones, but the rain always seems to get in under the glass and it washes it away slowly, i know it would be pricey but i'd probably just have a stilll image

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wouldnt the inclusion of technology into tombstones, just increase tombstone damage, as people would go about ripping the LCD screens out, and selling them on.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is there anyway you can hook up a DVD player or a Playstation 2 to one of these tombstones? Then at least I'd have a little motivation to visit my dead relatives.

They should actually have a camera in the coffin so you can view a live shot of the deceased person's remains. Now that'd be interesting!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They don't need it. It just doesn't fit well.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't seen the point in this either because home videos are enough like deltaboy said, or maybe a picture on the tombstone. Even though that the picture will fade as was pointed out by ekul. I only see this appealing to those who have to much money to spend and would rather use it for something selfish like this instead of making a donation to a charity in the deceased's name.

Originally posted by Rasputin13
They should actually have a comera in the doffin so you can view a live shot of the deceased person's remains. Now that'd be interesting!

That is disgusting! But I know people would bye it to watch...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I love this idea. I don't think its too much or too selfish. Some of you think that Home Video is the same thing, but usually only husband or wife and parents have the home videos...not friends or distant family.

I also liked the PS2 idea and the live shot...lol

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Come on, who wants to pipe in electricity to tombstones? I can't think of a better way to destroy something almost universally seen as sacred.
I'd pay money to not have those things in my cemetary. (Although I plan to be buried in a huge monument
)

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Videos in a tombstone don't really appeal to me, but it would be interesting if it could have a little biography and play the deceased's favorite song. Besides, isn't it expensive to have a full-color screen on it?

I'd also like to add that the big box stuck to the tombstone is pretty ugly. It should at least be built in to the thing.

top topics

join