It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed of light broken with basic lab kit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 06:17 AM
link   
No nothing travels faster than light, because of that over simplified E=mc^2 formula.

Essentially, the more energy, the more mass, the more mass the more energy, so if you were to be GOING the speed of light, you'd have to have infinite energy no?

If anyone can scientifically disprove that simple explaination, or if they would like to elaborate with formulas, be my guest...

I used to think travelling faster than the speed of light was possible too, but when you think about it, why would you want to?

I mean, you crash at 30 mph and you have a good chance of dying, imagine smacking into a moon at 2.9989x10^8 m/s

Photons obviously have such little mass that they can travel at such speeds, because even a pebble travelling at that speed would blow your head off, if not take a good chunk of your city with you.

Nay...I favor warping space, that's a damn good theory. Just like tunneling under a hill, where the hill is the universe, and you are tunneling under it, to achieve a destination that in the universe, is farther than it is by tunneling.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 08:21 AM
link   
FM,

Try telling that to the tachyon, which scientist's believe exist, just haven't found yet

posted on Dec, 22 2002 @ 10:50 PM
link   
BUt yet everything is slowing down?? Isnt that a law of thermodynmics. Im no scietist or claim to know alot about science so dont lable me an idiot. ALso its not a point of wanting ot go faster than light its determining we cant when we only have a small % of knowlege. there could be somtin smaller that has more energy and less mass think about it. I just feel Fm ur reson is very weak. SOrry

posted on Dec, 23 2002 @ 10:31 AM
link   
QS, seeing that, as you have pointed out, you have no scientific knowledge whatsoever, have you considered not posting in the S&T forum, which reason of FM's do you think is weak? If its the hitting a moon at lightspeed+ one? Or the reason that we cant accelerate beyond the speed of light? because that isn't technically FM's theory

Save argumentative, groundless posts for the Religion forums please, where it belongs.

posted on Dec, 25 2002 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was talking about how we can accelerate past the speed of light. Im looking at a logical standpont not a scientific. We only have a limited amount of knowlege now and how can we determine something like that??

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i believe that when man and computer integrate youll be able to use your soul and guide through space and see other universes by remote viewing.

posted on Dec, 26 2002 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ok...

We all know now that the speed of light is no longer a constant. Not when we can stop it right in it's tracks. So who's to say, that some where out in the vast universe, it's still the same speed? It just might be faster, and a constant for those who observe it there.

Integrating man and machine, will only allow us to do what the machine is capable of. So, this mean's, we need a machine that IS capable of remote viewing before the man/machine is able to do so....

TN1

posted on Jan, 8 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
For the time being the speed of light is a CONSTANT and it will remain like this for a couple of billions of years .His value will be determined from the evolution of the univesrse ,if it continues to expand which is the most probable the speed then will have a smaller value ,but if the universe choose the opposite direction then its value will certainly increase!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join