It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans - A cross between Grey Aliens and Ancient Ape ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by JPhish

That's terrible logic . . .

We could share 98% of our DNA with aliens from another solar system for all you know.

All life in the universe could share the same/similar DNA.

No, because altough we share 98 % of our DNA sequences with chimps, we share much less DNA with other lifeforms.

That's weak inductive reasoning. We could very well share 98% of our DNA with Martians.

The best logical explanation is that we are related.

That's a straw man, i never said that we weren't related. Try reading more carefully next time.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

That's weak inductive reasoning. We could very well share 98% of our DNA with Martians.

Yes, we could. And that would strongly imply that those Martians evolved on Earth and then went to live on Mars.

It is very improbable that alien life in the universe could have almost the same DNA as humans, when there is much variety even down here, on Earth.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Yes, we could. And that would strongly imply that those Martians evolved on Earth and then went to live on Mars.
But it could also imply the inverse via Panspermia. Don't be so quick to limit the possibilities. There are many more than what you are considering.

It is very improbable that alien life in the universe could have almost the same DNA as humans, when there is much variety even down here, on Earth.
Not if all life in the universe has the same DNA . . .

Let's put it this way . . .

If you believe the universe infinite (time & space) and it's nature cyclical, it's actually a FACT that at least one planet at one point in time did, does or will have lifeforms with the exact same DNA as us.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

But it could also imply the inverse via Panspermia. Don't be so quick to limit the possibilities. There are many more than what you are considering.

But then it would surely not be 98% DNA sequence match, only just basic cellular chemistry, which could be the same all around the universe.
Panspermia deals with the beginning of life only, and after the beginning it differentiated quite quickly, so panspermia could explain partial match of some microbes, but nothing more.

If you believe the universe infinite (time & space) and it's nature cyclical, it's actually a FACT that at least one planet at one point in time did, does or will have lifeforms with the exact same DNA as us.

But the probability is so low that in reality this is argumentum ad absurdum, or something..

Even if we account for convergent evolution and panspermia, I am sure we will be genetically very different from aliens, if we evolved independently.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Maslo]

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Maslo]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Awesome. Best chuckle I have had all day!
Keep it comin! Haha.
To topic: I do believe in the aliens creating humans theory, but that it was a long long time ago when it happened. I doubt it is still being done today.
The blood type thing is interesting. Makes me wish I knew my blood type...no one has ever told me either! LOL.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We share 96% of our DNA with dogs and 90% with mice. That's a lot of diversity in a small percentage difference. Doesn't sound so far-fetched to me. A little gene splicing goes a long way. Maybe they even terraformed a garden of Eden for their new creations.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
My father was a Mason and mother was a Rosicrucian. We had a metaphysical library at home. One of the oldest books spoke of spiritual beings coming down to the earth while it was still in a "primal state". These Spiritual beings out of compassion, gave something of themselves to apelike proto-beings in order to help them advance.

The book of Enoch speaks of the watchers, or fallen angels known as Nephilim breaking there covenant and mating with the daughters of man.

In one of their attemps to procreate the offspring where giants. See the following: hheartbeat.com...

answersforthefaith.com...

There are similar stories in many cultures. Some interpret the garden of eden story in this way. My understanding is that many extra terrestrial species have visited and contributed to our advancement. However the greys don't seem to have compassionate intent. In fact it's believed by some, that it is raw genetic material, emotion, empathy, compassion and the ability to procreate are things that they want from us.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
We share 96% of our DNA with dogs and 90% with mice.

Human genome size = 3 billion base pairs
Dog genome size = 2,5 billion base pairs

How could we possible share 96 % of our DNA with dogs? It might be, that we for example share 96 % of our protein encoding genes (don't know, not going to bother to check), but even that doesn't mean that they're identical. It would simply mean that they're not massively different (otherwise we couldn't say that they are of same origin). Of course protein encoding genes are just a tiny part of total mammal genomes..

[edit on 2-8-2010 by rhinoceros]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What an unexpected surprise! I actually thought that this thread was going to contain mostly humor for entertainment's sake alone. Show's you how much I know. Thanks from me goes out to the "in the know" heavy weights that stepped forward with some seriously killer food for thought. Good stuff!

I personally take the guided evolution in the form of intentional tampering line of guess work reasoning. Evolution is pretty obvious with due respect for the Darwinian school of thought, HOWEVER, no matter how you slice it, there are still questions that came down to conclusions based in preference and prerogative rather than absolutes. In short, there is a required amount of faith one must accept and execute in order to give evolution it's "no two ways about it" factual basis.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
im pretty sure greys could do a lot better than chimps in my honest opinion

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MissInformation

ok they are showin up at your place for a key party, get ready for body fluids...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

they also referred to igigi which means eyes as in watchers or guards

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by breano

I have been reqding an interesting book, NEXT, gene splicing and technology, and I find it relavent to this thread. Even thou it is a work of fiction. There was some sort of research done back in the 90's that found our genes were mutated twice if I remember right. So why not alien manipulation?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

Actually... they did discover that Neanderthal's DNA lives on in Modern Man..."The gene flow of Neanderthal DNA into early human DNA was found in only one direction: from Neanderthals to us. The study found no early modern human DNA in the Neanderthal genome. It is not clear whether interbreeding happened a few times among small populations or frequently among large populations; the genetic remnants would look the same with current technology. The Neanderthal DNA appears in the modern human genomes randomly, suggesting it offers no evolutionary benefit and is merely a genetic relic." To me this supports the notion that interbreeding is logically feasible....

Read more: www.time.com...://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1987568,00.html

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

"Similarities between mouse and human genes range from about 70% to 90%, with an average of 85% similarity" the whole DNA argument just flew out the window...anything is possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join