It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books that should be turned into films

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant Series, all 6 books of that series.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree; The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant would be an excellent choice for a series of movies but it would take too long to make all six into movies. I would be happy just to see White Gold Wielder made into a picture.

I also agree with Junkheap that Larry Niven's Ringworld series should be made into a movie. But, the one book that i would like to see made into a movie is Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlien. That would really be a great movie.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'd love to see "Eregon" (sp?) by Christopher Pike, made into a flick...

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If someone has already post about this book,then sorry,but if anyone hasnt,this book NEEDS to be a movie. www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ABLAZE

Book about the Chernobyl disaster. I think making a movie version would be incredible. Several books had specifics about the heroic engineers and firefithers and the nuclear disaster they faced on the morning of April 26, 1986.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I reckon any book written by Terry Pratchet preferably the Rincewind trilogy would make a good movie though it would have to be live action not animated

TERRY PRATCHETT IS LORD

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

Ringworld, by Larry Niven.

Gateway, by Frederick Pohl.

Excellent choices.

I haven't read these in many years. Ringworld is still one of my favorites and it would make a very beautiful film.

Bleys

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
the simarrillion by JRR tolkein even though very technical would be one of the best movies ever. It would dwarf any battle scene to date. Plus I think that the left behind series would be great as a movie. There was a book i read a long time ago too that I thought would make a great movie. It was where the Japanese go and invade siberia, destroy russias navy and airforces with this awesome plane. It was a new version of the zeros not detectable by radar. Then the F-22's with plasma stealth went in. So it was radar and Visualy invisible. There were great dogfight scenes. It would be like top gun on steroids

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The Belegariad series by David Eddings would be quite excellent i think... well developed characters, an excellent storyline, and enough drama/death/magic/love/ to satisfy everyone! What a great series of movies it would be ... the transformation of a boy into a God-King...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I disagree with Obiwan on Pratchett issue. Too much of his work is in the narrative for it to be made into movies. To capture one of his books properly would require either a narrator (tacky) or a whole HEAP of excessive dialogue (tackier). I'm a big Pratchett fan, but I don't think he's suited to film. Sorry.
A book I would like to see made into a film is The Tasmanian Babes Fiasco by John Birmingham. 10 people in a three bedroom house... Imagine 'The Young Ones' x2.5 in Australia, and you'll have a fairly good idea of whats invloved.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Stephen R. Donaldson's Thomas Covenant Series, all 6 books of that series.

LOL.... I saw the title to this thread and went to say exactly what you have written!!!! And, yes, ALL six books would be a must!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeyer
I'd like to see Michael Crichton's book Prey made into a movie. i think it would make a great film. Looking forward to the da Vinci code and the Hobbit as well.

Oh that would be good!! That was an awesome book. Also this one book I read called Orphange, could be a good movie, I guess but its kind of short. Well maybe not. I dunno. Its about aliens not orphans don't worry.

The title is trying to tell you that the army members are orphans.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Stephen King's " The Dark Tower/Gunslinger" series (7 books) would be great movies with the right director. My all time favorite books. These movies would be awards all the way.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGuirk
The Belegariad series by David Eddings would be quite excellent i think... well developed characters, an excellent storyline, and enough drama/death/magic/love/ to satisfy everyone! What a great series of movies it would be ... the transformation of a boy into a God-King...

Yay! I was wondering if anyone had mentioned this series, and if they
hadn't they I would. Yep! I too would love to see The Belgariad series as
a movie. And I believe "The Redemption of Althalus" by David and Leigh Eddings
would also make an excellent movie.

...btw great thread!

[edit on 11/28/2005 by WalksThroughTime]

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would love to see the Hyperion series be put into film, one of the best sci/fi series out there. The only thing is my fear that certain elements of the book could be sacrificed for the screen but I would not trust Hollywood doing this.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'd really like to see "Pandora's Star" by Peter F. Hamilton turned into a movie, and I'll probably think the same about "Judas unleashed" (might have got the name wrong), the sequel to Pandora's star.

I think "Darwin's children" by Greg Bear, might be good as a movie to.

[edit on 11/29/2005 by iori_komei]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join