It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Aircraft and "Emergency" Clearance!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I just got to wonder something about security around Black Aircraft. All aircraft have built in emergency escape hatches that can be removed to allow the crew to escape or be rescued in an emergency. Now, usually they only let people with clearance near secret aircraft. However, even places like Groom Lake have crash rescue crews for emergencies. these crews have to have some general knolege of the aircrafts design so they know where to look for the emegency escape hatches and the points where they can cut into the plane to reach the crew in an emergency. So, How do they get access to detailed information on so many different planes? Usually no one is allowed to know about all of the programs, because of security. What kind of a clearance would they need?

Tim

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Emergency hatches, controls, ejection seats and other devices are standardized through out most aircraft that the U.S. military operates. This is a design specification by the military and is standard for all branches and I believe even for NATO. I spent the majority of my time in the Navy working on Sea King helicopters. I became very familiar with the emergency systems of that aircraft. Due to the standardization I would have no problem with the systems of other aircraft. My only problem might be with ejection seats since we didn't have them. My main concern if I worked on "Black Aircraft" would be how to put them out if they caught fire. Some of the exotic materials that they are made from may never have caught fire before and might not be able to be put out with the extingushers on hand.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was in the Air Force and we had training on different types of aircraft as far as where emergency accesses are. Most are marked too.

As far as dangers go, just look at the F-16, it carries Hydrozine which is very toxic.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Any time a new plane arrives at a base, there is firefighter training on how to shut it down, how to pin it, how to get access to the pilot, etc.

Ah the F-16 Emergency Power Unit. Once that fires, the plane has to be parked several hundred feet away from the others, and left alone for four hours minimum. When the crew goes in to service it, they have to wear a face shield, full body smock, and gloves up to their elbows. We've had a few accidental activations of the power unit when the plane was on final approach.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
My main concern if I worked on "Black Aircraft" would be how to put them out if they caught fire. Some of the exotic materials that they are made from may never have caught fire before and might not be able to be put out with the extingushers on hand.

Sadly I think workers at Area 51 might not even be told that much. The famous case of the Area 51 workers that took the goverment to court because they became ill never got any information as to what they were exposed too.

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Sadly I think workers at Area 51 might not even be told that much. The famous case of the Area 51 workers that took the goverment to court because they became ill never got any information as to what they were exposed too.

The problems described in the lawsuit by Area 51 workers stated that they were exposed to the chemicals while the waste was being burned in open pits, not as part of their regular duties. This may sound weird but you would be surprise at how much contamination can be eliminated by goggles, dust masks and paper coveralls. It is a pet peeve of mine how people complain that they were exposed chemicals and want to sue, but didn't wear the proper protective equipment that was available at the time.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I believe there are usually areas marked out in say yellow with hatch lines over the relevant bits. This obviously won't have much of an impact visually (even on a black [colour] aircraft) as it will be small and the lines far between but as to whether this affecvts the stealthy aircraft with their special RAM paint I have no idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any account

top topics

join