It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I was wondering when I was watching TV .....ok..... Startrek.

They were talking about how beyond the stars and beyond the actual matter that makes up space is where dark matter and "liquid space" come together.

Is there really a "liquid space"?

What is Dark Matter?
I know its not Black Holes.

Can't wait to hear your answers.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think I know what your talking about. There was an episode of Star Trek Voyager where a species came from another dimension where there was no space but liquid.

I don't think this is in the realm of our reality, or atleast I've never heard of such a thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Star Trek is a fictional show, so I don't believe that you should take its pseudo-science as fact.

No one really knows what Dark Matter is... We pretty much just know it's there.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yes you are right about the episode but it just makes you think what is possible out there.

Just when we think we know what our universe is made out of something comes along and bumps us off track. Almost on purpose.

I know that science has provine that dark matter is out there, so what stops us from finding out that there is actually a liquid space after that.

Its truely amazing.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I guess Science Fiction is in fact Science Potential...we live in a big universe potential limitless from my understanding so a potentially limitless number of things could happen in it. Add in alternative dimensions and realities and things get interesting.

As for liquid space, to us it sounds madness but maybe to aliens living in a liquid universe the concept space sounds like madness.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If string theory is correct the bottom line of the Universe is discrete/digital.
The numbers are large enough [sufficient granularity] that you might have actions that approached fluidity.

If either string theory is incorrect or you can access increments of reality smaller than strings you get into spin-foam, with all kinds of hyper micro discontinuities and many bizzare properties and possibilities.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have heard about the string theroy on this site and on the PBS speacil as well.

I watch it everytime it comes on.

Truely amazing to think that way. I never thought of a theory that way.

top topics

join