It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When meat is not from murder (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Scientist have found out how to grow meat from petri dishes. It is a great tribute to biotechnology. This is done for substitute of euthanasia on animals for food. With growing meat artificially it is very helpful.

www.guardian.co.uk
It is the ultimate conundrum for vegetarians who think that meat is murder: a revolution in processed food that will see fresh meat grown from animal cells without a single cow, sheep or pig being killed.
Researchers have published details in a biotechnology journal describing a new technique which they hailed as the answer to the world's food shortage. Lumps of meat would be cultured in laboratory vats rather than carved from livestock reared on a farm.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very very good! With this idea, we dont have to kill too much animals, and make meat eventually others too like beef! Yummy. Cultured meat is also very productive. With only a single celled meat can provide the annual world's meat supply! Amazing indeed!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This is an old story, and unless you're a cannibal meat is never murder....

I usually don't comment on how I vote on news stories, but this is a definite NO!

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Use the Force (search) Luke!

I see the Force is weak in this one...

It was covered about 4weeks ago, maybe three on the exact same subject. :-)

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
there's a food shortage in the world?

when farmers are paid off to destroy crops, there is'nt a food shortage. we are more driven by the dollar then to feed the millions of people in starving nations

as far as cloning food, i'll pass.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I personally posted a thread on this awhile back.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When I was young, I did not think too much about what I was eating. Later in my life, I have felt guilty when I eat the meat of an animal. This particular research requires the most dedicated and devoted people to revolutionize the food industry. I wish I had a laboratory to contribute. Great job. god bless America and its scientists.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Scientist have found out how to grow meat from petri dishes. It is a great tribute to biotechnology. This is done for substitute of euthanasia on animals for food. With growing meat artificially it is very helpful.

I think you might want to rethink the use of euthanasia. I sure as heck do not eat a cow that is suffering or has an uncurable sickness and asks someone to kill it. Mine are strong and healthy. Plus I see nothing wrong for animal that is killed in order to be eaten. Its death had a purpose and helped out a couple of families. I do not agree with the useless killing of animals.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well, i think so yes, Im sorry for not reposting this news again, but it didnt showed up on the search tab.
Btw,, this is some kind of euthanasia, but not necessarily euthanasia.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Brilliant, grow meat in a lab! That'll keep all the harmful contaminents from getting into our food supply. You know, like aspartame, benzo-preservative-mumify you from the inside junk, and god know's what other chemicals. Yeah right!

Also, I'm sure this is going to keep the poor Latin American cattle farmers from switching over from burning the amazon for grazing land to burning it down for planting coc aine fields. Brilliant.

Oh and I'm sure if you live near a "meat growing" plant/chemical lab it's going to smell wonderful in the summer. Yay!!! Sign me up, build a test-tube meat factory in my nieghborhood!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join