It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometime I regret to live in France...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
...Things like that cant happen in France... (This refer to the Proud-American post about a homeless guy running for city council)...

In my country, the governement is so far from earth that they let 10000 elders die the last summer. And the prime minister and his "health" secretary didn't stop their holidays. And came to see the disaster in hospitals and "pensions" 15 days after the drama started...

And now, they say that "they cant be hold responsible of the weather" !
True ! But they could start the emergency plan before the disaster was at this point ! And last year, JP RAFFARIN (french prime sinister !) cut 100 Millions � on the 180 milions used for the help to the elders... The governement cant be hold responsible ?!

And they also could stop them holidays...

So, what will do this governement to come in help to the elders ? The prime minister, very seriously, proposed 2 days ago to supress a "Public holiday" day ! (Probably the 14th July, day of french revolution
)
I can tell you that every body
screamed and shout yesterday...

To resolve this problem, why not simply cut the neck of our french prime minister ? I can tell you that in France, this idea have more and more sucess
!

Nans DESMICHELS,
Paris, 150� faraneiht...

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 30-8-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, even if you DID accidentally start a new topic. Let's make it into a good thread!!!

I had been meaning to ask if you were personally affected very much by the heat wave. Would you mind using this thread to share with us what the effects were in your local vicinity? How did you cope? Was there very much loss of life near you? Has the weather broken yet and cooled down?

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
... I was replying to the PA thread and ---ooooppppsss--- (Why these buttons are so close ?)...

But re-read, I've edited my first post...

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your feelings about what has happened. I can tell this is a very emotional thing for you.

Do you feel that the French people have become too dependent on the government for their own welfare? And do you think that this catastrophe will lead to maybe a new "revolution"...i.e. elected leaders and legislation that could take back some of the powers the French government has had?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Heat Wave? Bah! Try living in Saudi for a couple years, hehe.... Nothing like 120 degrees in the shade...

What's wrong with France? After all, Johnny Depp loves it so much, it's got to be great huh?

Nah, just kiddin' Nans....

Might want to buy some stock in some French air conditioning companies there Nans....
I have a feeling that a lot of places that didn't have it, will now....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just don't get it. Last I heard 11,000 people have died in France. How can some hot weather kill so many people? Humans have a natural air conditioning system. It is called sweat, and has worked since the begining of man.
Ilive in California where it is always hot. Not uncommon to have 95-105 for long periods of time. Even the homeless that are exposed to the heat 24/7 don't die from it.(or very few) Pollution does not claim to many victems either. We always have "spare the air days"
No Bar-B-Q's, don't drive if you don't have to, stuff like that. But even before the spare the air days,nobody died from it.
I just don't get it. It has to be something other than a heat wave.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You shouldnt be ashamed, NANS, you should be proud of France.

Your ambassador called Ariel Sharon a PUNK!

Why cant WE have that level of leadership?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I find it mind numbing that so many people have died due to the weather.

I asked you too in a different thread how you were coping with the heat. So how are you coping? Do you have an air conditioner or fan?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Lots of elderly hospital patients, as the hospitals didn't have air conditioning....
They were already weak, and they couldn't cope with the temperature change... Didn't realize it was doubled though, last figure I knew was 5000....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Where did you hear that had no a/c in their hospitals.? Its a hospital,it has to have some kind of climate control. They can't operate on someone unless they are in a chilly room. Bacteria likes warm temps and you can get infections if you are cut open were its warm.
This link has the deathtoll between 3,000 to 10,000 deaths.
www.terradaily.com...
I saw 11,000 deaths on the news the other night.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
From the news stories, and from Nans. They have some kind of air filtration, but no cooling system...

Yeah, I was pretty shocked too.... I'll bet they'll get them now though....

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think there is a secret conspiracy to rid the world of the weak & elderly & get away with it. The line of thinking is that they are a burden to society.

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
...it's true that all of these dead will probably arrange the french governement, no pensions to pay, no medics.

But it's a shame for the France, some third world country now say that we have no respect for the ederly peoples. They say that they are poor, but they give more respect to them ancester than us. The french people seems to be indifferent and unmercyfull, and the worse is that it's true, allas.

There are some really "sordid" affair about retirement house, with bad treatements, knocks and hurts...

top topics

join