It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

before the flood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
At the meltdown of the last ice age, the oceans rose by between 300 and 600 metres. This is a scientific fact. Scientific evidence has been found suggesting that the sea levels rose over a number of years in a series of smaller localised floods which were never the less devastating to the inhabitants who encountered them. Evidence of great floods has been gathered from all over the world which have been dated to within a 1000 year time scale.
It seems, according to mainstream science, that Antartica has been under ice for many thousands of years. But it was mapped in ancient times, and mapped accurately. This leaves us with the questions, who mapped antartica, and when? How far back does civilisation really go? And how serious should we take the oral histories of the ancients? Maybe if we take a more serious look at these ancient myths we might just find some clues.
If we use Hapgoods theory of earth crust displacement, we could place Antartica in a warmer climate around the time Plato suggests. This theory could also explain the mass extintion of animals around the same time.
Hope I have been of some assistance
Harry B.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It wasnt mapped in ancient times.

The pir riese (i know thats not it, somone can correct me on that!) map shows the skill of early modern navigators. The area considered to be 'Antarctica' actually corresponds nicely with the bottom of S. America.

Just dodgy latitudes.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The map is a joke.

Sorry to inform you, but honestly there is nothing there.

I myself believe that some parts on the outer ages of the South Pole were in fact not under Ice 10,000 years ago but this isn't the way to prove it and using that map only helps to destroy any credible arguements.

Go read: Antartica was the hub of civilization It is an 8page thread, but worth the read he makes a very good arguement for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have read the hub of civilisation (well a little of it as I don't have much time),and I find 18ft men a bit much, although cro-magnon man was said to be tall.However I still feel if Antartica was in a warmer climate in the past, then why should it be so difficult to accept a theory of it once having been inhabited by an advanced or not so advanced civilisation. Surely all theories merit proper scientific investigation. After all it was an amateur archeologist who found Troy, so why can't the theories of Graham Hancock, the Flem- Aths or Robet Bovall be given at least some scientific crediblity.
Perhaps the map I was refering to is a hoax, but even if it is, it still seems to fit an area only recently mapped by modern methods. Anyway I'd love to sit up and discus this theory all night, but as Iam night shift, I will have to call it a day. I will read the rest of the hub and get back as soon as I can.
Harry B.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Graham Hancock believes in Martians.

He cant be taken seriously as a historian.

How did primates get from Africa to antarctica? When the continents seperated there was nothing remotely resembling humanity on hte Earth. There is no way that any civilisation has ever existed on Antractica beyond the outposts we have today.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Graham Hancock believes in Martians.

He cant be taken seriously as a historian.

And that's why so many historian's will not challenge what is excepted because they are crazy for doing so. It only causes us learn less not more.

As for life on Mars? So what? Lots of people do believe there was at one point and could still be. Nobody knows for a fact if there was or wasn't.

How did primates get from Africa to antarctica? When the continents seperated there was nothing remotely resembling humanity on hte Earth. There is no way that any civilisation has ever existed on Antractica beyond the outposts we have today.

That's a very bold statement.

Read all of the thread above, the guy who posted that uses scientific fact to show water levels would have been 400 feet lower creating an almost land bridge between all three.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Graham Hancock is a fraud, for properly researched alternative history try reading 1421 The Year china discovered the world. Fantastic and thought provoking account of Chinese naval voyages in the 15th century. For fun alternative history read Harry Turtledove, well researched ficton on what may have been.

As for a channel being formed by a 400ft drop in sea levels, the Oceans are too wide, even to get to S. America would have been difficult for pre human primates lacking in boats and other technologies.

As for humans gettig there before the ice dominated, it is unlikely that people penetrated to the tip of S.America and made the crossing for the same reason, the seas between antarctica and America are the roughest in the world. Hollowed out canoes wouldnt stand a chance.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Ahh, I do agree that a lot of what he says is wrong however, I think it still gives a valid opinion.

It's great to take everyones opinion and then form our own, I myself though read 2/3 books a week (insomniac) so it really allows me to do this and I sleep to a lot of audio books.

I just think, even though he is "far out there" we should not say he is wrong until we know for sure on many of these things. After all what if there once was life on Mars?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A side note;

"On the Sea and Boats".

Do you remember the 'Homo floresiensis' found on the remote Indonesian island of Flores?

Channel 4 did a documentary (In the U.K.) on this and they found that the people that discovered it, found them using simple tools of stone and the ability to use forms of rope almost 18,000 years ago. Including creating spears and they reckon maybe bow/arrows.

Now think of it like this for a moment...
if they could make that 18,000 years ago why not a simple boat? How hard would it to be to see wod floating and work it out from there? And Africa, through those Island's which would be there with a lower-sea level could easily result in transport to and from Antartica and South America.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

It wasnt mapped in ancient times.

The pir riese (i know thats not it, somone can correct me on that!) map shows the skill of early modern navigators. The area considered to be 'Antarctica' actually corresponds nicely with the bottom of S. America.

Just dodgy latitudes.

xoomer.virgilio.it...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I saw that documentary too Odium, and also read this sort of this when i cant sleep. Are you my clone?

As for life on Mars, im all in favour of microbes being found, maybe even simple muti celled stuff. Not however that gibberish that Hanckock sprouts, even if he is edging towards the real world at the moment.

And i suppose it is possible that men made the trip to antaractica, just not very likely!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by borloff
At the meltdown of the last ice age, the oceans rose by between 300 and 600 metres. This is a scientific fact. Scientific evidence has been found suggesting that the sea levels rose over a number of years in a series of smaller localised floods which were never the less devastating to the inhabitants who encountered them. Evidence of great floods has been gathered from all over the world which have been dated to within a 1000 year time scale.

[...]
If we use Hapgoods theory of earth crust displacement,....

i agree with the overall concept of your message; We should be open-minded.

there is a site, although it is devoted to 'creationism', has a number of good, readable articles revolving around the pre-flood world.

including another different view of 'crust displacement' via Hapgoods' theory
some articles regarding the mountain building era and the ocean seafloor expansion (both entering an accelerated rate, post Flood era)

also some spins on how that there is not enough sediment for a 4 billion
year earth history, even when subduction zones are taken into account.

lots of topics, if you've got a critical & levelheaded mind...and remain above the mesmerizing, indoctrination into the creationist cult.

see; www.icr.org... (i.e. Institute for Creation Research)
....happy reading

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.gci-net.com...

The Chinese survayed and mapped out the grancanyon in 2250BC

As accurate measurings of earth came about officially in historical records at the end of the 18th century then how do you explain the above?

The chinese would have needed

Spherical trigonometry in exact measurments of mathematical presscion
Advanced geodetic instruments to measure longitude and latitude
Knowledge of cartography matching our modern knowledge today
They would have known the exact shape and size of the earth.

Another interesting find is Mizraim the grandson of Noah founded Egypt apparently. His name means to draw a plan. The Pin Reis map was of a circular orientation with Egypt as it's focal point.

The point here is.

In 2250BC ancient ancestors had knowledge and equipment which was lost in the decades and RE-DISCOVERED or RE-INVENTED in the 1800's

Someone knew how to survey with accuracey in 2250BC and Jonathun Gray an archaeologist claims this may have been done going back to 5000BC based on the fourth book of Shan Hai King

In comparrison to today our accuracy matches our ancestors with our satalite technology......so what the HELL did they have??

Id like to know who mapped Antartica accuratly as well? Its all a bit too weired for me!

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
It is only vanity stopping us from accepting that some previous civilization may have exceeded our abilities... (We're number one.)
Yet the evidence is plain to see and study for any interested and open person. The Piri Reis map shows the mediterranean sea with longitudinal accuracy unknown for its day. compare contemporary maps of the 1500s and see.
We just refuse to accept that we are not first. And we are not even second, in my view. And we are not as advanced either, imho. The Giza Pyramid is worth studying in order to see whether we can replicate it today with all our modern technology. We can't. Or if we can, after two hundred years of scientific study of it, still no one wants to prove it is possible then.

new topics

top topics

join