It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something in the rings of saturn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Anyone know anything about this? I was reading some book on mars cydonia by richard hoagland and he talked briefly about some anomoly found in the rings of saturn. Anyone have any info on this?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
There have been quite a few threads on this here. maybe if you look into some of those you'll find your answer. Also... how is it that you have something like -1400 BTS points?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
There have been quite a few threads on this here. maybe if you look into some of those you'll find your answer. Also... how is it that you have something like -1400 BTS points?

Got me...some of my threads were moved there and then I had 5k in points and I bought the secret forum access. I did a search and didnt want anything on something in the rings of saturn.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hoagland is a liar, plain and simple. Don't believe anything he says...

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hoagland stole your points!

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I dont understand the logic behind yelling hoagland is a lier and fraud. Who's to say what he proposes isnt the truth? You, me? We havent been there. Only robots have been there and I am less then open to the idea of swallowing everything NASA says as fact. This is the agency that did over a billion dollars worth of safety upgrades and still cant stop debris from hitting the shuttle. Besides I see nothing wrong with fresh perspectives on subjects by people who are not bound with a choke collar by the gov.

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Whompa1]

[edit on 18-8-2005 by Whompa1]

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Whoops... I just noticed that I misread your post. Ignore my post that I made... I thought you were talking about something else. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1
I dont understand the logic behind yelling hoagland is a lier and fraud. Who's to say what he proposes isnt the truth? You, me? We havent been there. Only robots have been there and I am less then open to the idea of swallowing everything NASA says as fact. This is the agency that did over a billion dollars worth of safety upgrades and still cant stop debris from hitting the shuttle. Besides I see nothing wrong with fresh perspectives on subjects by people who are not bound with a choke collar by the gov.

Oh please Whompa1, Hoagland is a liar. Sure you shouldn't pass judgement, but have you ever look at this man's background? He plagerized many people's works and claimed there his own. He never graduated from collage said he did. He won a award but there were not scientist in the feild as judges, never awknowlaged this fact. He dosen't have a degree in anything, lied about having one in physics. He has no evidence that NON-NASA astronomers haven't debunked. He covers he tracks once something is proven wrong. How can you believe a liar like that?

I hope you got that book from the library likely found in the fiction section and didn't buy it, if you did ask for a refund. Your supporting his cause!!!

Read this article if you don't beleive me.
www.space.com...

[edit on 8/19/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My first impression was "golly, it sounds like Hoagland's overdosed on the movie, '2001 a Space Odyssey'. " There are a lot of things in Saturn's rings, but none of them matched Hoagland's "predictions" -- or any other odd New Age thing.

The rings fascinate astronomers, and there's a lot of pictures of them from the various NASA spaceflights to and near Saturn.

For starters, have a look at these SETI pages:
pds-rings.seti.org...

Wonderful stuff, here, and the colors of the rings under false-color photography (where they change the colors to bring out details) is just amazing!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Here is a recient story stating that Saturn's rings have their own atmosphere.

www.scienceblog.com...

www.eurekalert.org...

Quote: "During its close fly-bys of the ring system, instruments on Cassini have been able to determine that the environment around the rings is like an atmosphere, composed principally of molecular oxygen. This atmosphere is very similar to that of Jupiter's moons Europa and Ganymede."

Quote: "Dr Andrew Coates, co-investigator for CAPS, from the Mullard Space Science Laboratory (MSSL) at University College London, said: "As water comes off the rings, it is split by sunlight; the resulting hydrogen and atomic oxygen are then lost, leaving molecular oxygen."

Really interesting!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is something in the rings of Saturn...and our crack team has found it!!!

[edit on 19-8-2005 by 12 12 2012]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12 12 2012
There is something in the rings of Saturn...and our crack team has found it!!!

I knew it!!!!! ATS has it's servers in saturn's ring!

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
There's news about the rings announced Aug 18th

"Saturn's rings have own atmosphere"

www.spaceref.com...

Hope it adds to the body of knowlege... Have fun!

top topics

join