It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro war man disses dead troops

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

A resident was arrested Monday night after authorities say he ran over hundreds of small wooden crosses bearing names of fallen U.S. soldiers.

www.cbsnews.com...

I guess the troops are only patriots when they are being used for the pro-war agenda?

I guess when you sign up you, even in death become the property of the pentagon and its political bedfellows?

The NeoCons only support the troops when it suits their agenda.
Just like they failed to supply them with proper armor while funnelling billions to Haliburton.

Rudy Juliani blaming the troops for not finding WMDs:

"No matter how you try to blame it on the president, the actual responsibility for it really would be for the troops that were there.
abcnews.go.com...

The troops are their whipping boys when the fantasies of the war's instigators are not fulfilled.

To much of the pro-war crowd the troops are just a political tool.

They don't see them as sons, brothers, fathers, and friends who's laughter, voices, tears and smiles are now silent and still.

gone forever.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I certainly don't condone what this man did, but to suggest that this was a true memorial to the soldiers is a complete deception. It was set up to by these radical anti-war protestors to push their own political agendas, which I'm sure in most cases were completely at odds with what the dead soldiers would have wanted....it's not like this person desecrated a true war memorial.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

A resident was arrested Monday night after authorities say he ran over hundreds of small wooden crosses bearing names of fallen U.S. soldiers.
The man was an idiot for doing it, just like the people who put them there were idiots as they arent there so show remembrance, but there to serve a political purpose, just like those disrespectful assholes who carried coffins in parades.

Just like they failed to supply them with proper armor while funnelling billions to Haliburton.

Not true, not all of us support that BS, The united states military is supposed to be the #1 military in the world, We got more money in our armed forces then anyone else, as far as i know, We got steath bombers/fighteres and misles that can go through a window, from hundreds of miles away, and you mean to tell me you cant put a steel plates on a hummer and equip kevlar to the troops? BS, The excuse we got prior to the events, We go to war with what we got is BS, Why didnt they have this crap issued to the so called #1 military in the world long before this middle east BS started. Theres no excuse whatsoever for lack of armor all things considered.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
COle,

Just wondering why you show Patton in a picture bearing the legend "Bastogne"?

And your little rant pretty much agrees with what was posted. Why can't the US spend money on armouring Humvees for front-line troops when it can pay Halliburton $100 per bag of laundry? You can't blame Clinton for soldiers in Iraq not having armoured Humvees.

Edit: sp

[edit on 17-8-2005 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

COle,
Just wondering why you show Patton in a picutre bearing the legend "Bastogne"?

Im not sure understand your question exactly..

You can't blame Clinton for soldiers in Iraq not having armoured Humvees.
I said nothing about clinton, There are alot of parties at fault here including the current administration.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I see a bit of struggling, a little attempt at twisting from the point.

Again, the point is that the fuitcakes are the ones desecrating the soldiers' memory, they are using them as a prop, not because they care about them. Because the driver is anti-anti-American, by the way, doesn't mean he is "pro-war". How dumb. Were they "pro-war" in 1944, or did they simply have the guts to finish the job someone else started?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Anyone who is prowar but disrespects the soldiers is worthless as a human being. I really only support the soldiers for the most part, but I believe that since we started the mess we have a responsibility to finish it ourselves and not run away at the first sign of trouble.

But any man who dishonors the deaths of the men and women who fight for freedom deserves to be labeled a hippocrite and shunned.

[edit on 17/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PBscientist
Anyone who is prowar but disrespects the soldiers is worthless as a human being.

I agree but I also think that anyone who is prowar is worthless as a human being.

But any man who dishonors the deaths of the men and women who fight for freedom deserves to be labeled a hippocrite and shunned.

I agree, but lets not fool ourselves into thinking the troops over there are fighting for our freedom. Team America is just a movie.

[edit on 17/8/05 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Originally posted by PBscientist
Anyone who is prowar but disrespects the soldiers is worthless as a human being.

I agree but I also think that anyone who is prowar is worthless as a human being.

All wars, or just this one?

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

But the coddlers of terrorists, despots, and murderers are really valuable I guess...

[edit on 8/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

But the coddlers of terrorists, despots, and murderers are really valuable I guess...

[edit on 8/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

They may be valuable to you dj, but not to me.

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   

They may be valuable to you dj, but not to me.

No, I'm the worthless human who wants to wage war! I think the coddler is someone else you may know better.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Your driveling again, Kriz_4, but nothing new, eh?

.....lets not fool ourselves into thinking the troops over there are fighting for our freedom.

I'm sure that there were people like you that said that the US and Coalition/Allies were not fighting for freedom, you know---Kuwait, in the 1st Gulf War or in WWII or in Korea, etc, while I and a host of others were getting their behinds shot at trying to defend freedom, as well, eh?

Undoubtedly, be assured that there are millions of Iraqi people today who would tell you that you have no clue to what you speak of when referring to those US and Coalition troops not fighting for their freedom. You see, your, as with others, notions of freedom must be quite different from my, and others, versions, because quite frankly, you have no clue to what real freedom is till you have fought for it or had to actually physically defend it. You continue to leave that to the 'few and the proud', k?

Another thing I am quite certain of here, mate, is that you feel mighty safe and secure in your freedom sitting behind that computer screen talking the drivel that you continually do, huh?

seekerof

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Kriz_4 if your comment "anyone who is prowar is worthless as a human being" is intended to include all wars, then the very founders of our country who fought in the American Revolution, the men who drafted and signed the Declaration Of Independence, are worthless as human beings. Surely you didn't intend to say that, did you?

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Kriz_4 if your comment "anyone who is prowar is worthless as a human being" is intended to include all wars, then the very founders of our country who fought in the American Revolution, the men who drafted and signed the Declaration Of Independence, are worthless as human beings. Surely you didn't intend to say that, did you?

What about all the nations and people that fought against the Third Reich and the Empire of Japan...surely they must be evil too...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
SeekerOf, Kriz_4 sounds like a young idealistic kid who still sees the world in stark contrasts, the kind of person who thinks Cindy Sheehan is a great american for keeping up her roadside prattlings and continually making a fool of herself.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That may be true, in both cases you have mentioned, Astronomer68, I am not sure, but in defence of Kriz_4 and Mrs. Sheehan, those who have sacrificed their lives for freedom, those who fight, maintain, and defend freedom did so and do so for everyone. Thus all sides should have the right and freedom to say what they will, whether we agree with it or not.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

www.cbsnews.com...

I guess the troops are only patriots when they are being used for the pro-war agenda?

I guess when you sign up you, even in death become the property of the pentagon and its political bedfellows?

To much of the pro-war crowd the troops are just a political tool.

Slank,
This is hogwash and you know it.
Regarding this guy who ran over the white crosses, you have taken this single incident that has disturbed both conservatives as well as liberals and you are using it to support a conclusion with ZERO accuracy.

"The Neocons" only support the troops when it suits their needs." is a prejudicial statement of the same vein as "all mexicans are lazy" or "all Indians run Seven-Eleven convenience stores".

I substantiate this with a quote from the very article on CBSNews.com which you referenced:
"Rowena Jhant, a supporter of President Bush and an opponent of Sheehan's efforts, decided to stop by and pick up crosses and flags knocked over by the pickup truck a few hours earlier. (AP)"

Check your zipper, your bias is showing.

On the other hand it is truly sad that as you say, their "laughter, voices, tears and smiles are now silent and still. gone forever."

That is both eloquent and touching.

bios

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So, this disrespectful yahoo runs over crosses that memorialize war heroes who gave their life, made the ultimate sacrifice, for a cause that some of you support wholeheartedly. And you defend him?

Aren't you the same people who would kill Jane Fonda for showing disrespect to the soldiers? Yeah, you are.

I find interesting is that the people who are standing up for this idiot slam Jane Fonda for doing the same thing.

You are all Jane Fondas to me.
Or worse. These soldiers died and you diss them! Shameful!

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The group has set up camp in shallow ditches, but people congregate on the roads, causing cars to stop or slow down. Some drivers have blown their horns continuously while maneuvering around the crowd, and several have yelled, "Go home!"

Tension between residents and the groups has been building.

A resident was arrested Monday night after authorities say he ran over hundreds of small wooden crosses bearing names of fallen U.S. soldiers. On Sunday, a nearby landowner fired his shotgun twice into the air, but he was not arrested. No one was hurt in either incident.

it seems to me that the anti war protestors are the ones who are causing the tensions by setting up crosses and tents along the roads and causing chaos in Crawford. no wonder this guy with the truck wants all this pro and anti war stopped. even the guy with the shotgun wants it stopped. even though i dont condone the runover of the crosses with names of the dead soldiers. its better if we just do the petition to get rid of the protesters as the residents of Crawford are trying to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join