It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the greatest things U.S. Government has done

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Even though this will sound like I'm one of those people who believes what the origonal poster said, maybe the government helps along those kinds of belifes, so it can hide how its not truly all powerful.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There are many things wrong with the system in this country but there is one primary aspect of this country that sets it above most other countrys.

The free enterprize system. The ability to suceed or fail on ones own efforts transends almost all other frailities to the system.

I am extremely critical of the current administration with its embodyment of corperate arrogance and greed at the expense of the working man with outsourcing, nafta and cafta. But the reason I love and defend this country is because you can change your lot in life here if you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz

www.fromthewilderness.com...
www.aljazeera.com...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Ah yes, the most reliable websites.

Heres the problem people make, you read one thing then automatically believe its true.

No this is just the first 3 sources I found on google, there are hundreds more. Fox and CNN are government-controlled propaganda stations as they have consistently proven themselves to be, they do not ask critical questions or talk about things that make the government look "bad", regardless of their staged "debates" like crossfire or what not. Besides, Fox or CNN do not say that what I quoted was FALSE, they just never brought it up, period. It's called media silence - just don't talk about things that are "off limits" and you can't be accused of lying. You can always explain yourself by saying "we didn't think this was newsworthy" - case closed

Let me ask you this, do you think Hans Blix never said what that website claims he said about Bush and his Iraq plans? Do you think the Project for the New American Century, created by our own government WAY before 911 is also all fake?

What you need to do is read from other sources (By that, I don't mean go searching up "USdominatestheworldanditsalsoveryevil.com"), try CNN.com, wikipedia.org, FOX (yes FOX), then try aljazeera or the anti-bush sites that so many love.

They are not anti-Bush, they are anti-lies, anti-propaganda, anti-disinformation. If Bush aligns himself with lies, propaganda, and disinfo, then by default those sites become anti-Bush, only as long as he's a liar and a con artist. But they are not anti-Bush just for its own sake, because they don't like his hair or lifestyle.

After discovering the difference (and yes you will) make up your mind on which ones more reliable.

Which one constantly quotes unconfirmed or anonymous government sources, and which one actually presents EVIDENCE and quotes people that exist? Which one asks questions like "Was Bush's government involved in 911 and is there evidence to support it?" and which one ASSUMES it was al-qaeda as our government says, CASE CLOSED.

So do you trust the news that just takes the government's word for it, or the ones that question the government and its policies, and provide evidence that speaks for itself?

People fall victim to false information solely because its what they want to hear (I admit, I fall victim at times. Those are what makes good ratings) , the best thing to do is try and disprove it (only when you believe its a sourced to be questioned, you can usually tell by how its written).

Sometimes you can't tell by how it's written, sometimes you just need to look at the available EVIDENCE and decide for yourself. The point is not to believe ANY news source, it is to look at the opinion of MANY (mainstream AND alternative), look at the evidence available, and decide for yourself. If you just believe any news source, you are no longer interested in truth.

So far, Al Jazeera is a far more objective and honest source than Fox or CNN, which is actually WHY they actually QUESTION the government and its actions and intentions. If a news site fails to ask questions and just takes the party line as a given, it is not a real news site anymore, it is just a government propaganda machine, isn't it?

If a news site cares more about ratings than truth, then why would anyone expect it to be "reliable"?

If you are so interested in proof, why do you believe a word of what your government says, like for example what happened during 911 and who is responsible, or that Iraq has WMD's, etc? Why does anyone believe a word the government says, given the numerous times they have been proven to be liars and flip floppers?

[edit on 18-8-2005 by lilblam]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I agree with the original poster.

It has probably hurt the scientific community's innovation in coming up with new technology. They think everything is accounted for.

The US doesnt seem to be afraid of a massive coordinated terrorist attack with IED's all around the country. We know we have top secret advanced xray and sensing technology that would stop evil bombers from blowing up buildings and bridges. Right? Who knows. Thats the point.

It probably does more harm then good in my opinion.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by YaYo]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join