It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Freemasonry Threads on Secret Societies

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The last President of the United States who was a Mason was Gerald Ford. Neither of the Bushes were ever Masons. Bill Clinton was a member of DeMolay, but never became a Mason.

This is what I have come to understand. One strange thing though. There's a large Masonic Lodge on Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. A couple years back they opened their door to the public. I was not a Mason at the time that I took their tour. I couldn't help notice a lifesize wax sculpture of George W. Bush near all the framed emblems. I thought it was odd then and I still do. I've never seen anything like that in any other Lodge I've been in. Anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thank you first to Lost in Midwest for explaining to me and so now I understand more. It was simply but effectively put.

If only other Masons on this site were able to explain instead of flying off the handle when someone claims a conspiracy theory to be correct. I can understand though that you've all been down this line of questions so many times before so can see your frustrations.

I admit I was wrong in my assumptions and that is my downfall at times. I was driving with tunnel vision one could say.

I also have talked in depth with a friend who is a Freemason who also was able to explain, like Lost in Midwest, how things are.

I have stated before that I'm interested in this path myself but was shocked when I heard and saw this information. Unfortunately I didn't engage objectiveness and adopted a stance of that now I can see was wrong. I can only apologise for this. I have been contemplating now for near on 2 years and have now made a decision. I will let you know how things go.

Anyway my apologies again and also thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You have voted MrDog for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Respect. Nothing else need be said.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the mason smacktards around here are probably paid to be here, they quote every piece of text directed at them then turn it around - up is down, left is right etc...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by loserkage
the mason smacktards around here are probably paid to be here, they quote every piece of text directed at them then turn it around - up is down, left is right etc...

Well, thank you for adding SO much to this thread.

If that's all you've got to post, please don't.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Wow. Smacktards. Did you think that up all by yourslef or did your mommy help you?

Show me one place where I do that, please?

If by "turn it around" you mean show false statements to be false and give reasons and facts to support why, then yeah, I suppose you would be correct. But if you mean twisting others' words to make it something it's not; no, that's the antis' forte.

So how about it? One post.

P.S. Reptilian Overlords: I haven't recieved my check this month. Please get with accounting and make sure they got my change of address form...

[edit on 8/24/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

turn it around - up is down, left is right

How about Right Side Up

lost in the midwest

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The loser kages talk high and mighty, but they would do the same thing if an institution they loved (their family, business, etc) was being slandered and lied about constantly.

No, I'm not paid to be here. I believe in justice and honesty, and that's why I am here and put the effort that I do into debunking the idiotic claims of loser kages.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

smacktard - A forehead-smack-invoking fool. Usually referring to online first-person-shooter gamers who shoot their own teammates and camp respawn points for planes, making them *excellent* targets for snipers. Coined, as far as I know, by a highschool teacher, Mike Sliszowski, of GameSpy fame.

I can see that in this thread. You mason smacktards stop turning things round no please please stop.

I can't go on I'm laughing too hard. Please loserkage try again because this game is over.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Those who say freemasons are the ones commiting illegal or immoral things, naivity there are far more complexities going on, the ignorant are not aware of. They just keep trying to go after the freemasons there are other groups far more unknown but who really get away with alot more then the freemasons you [edited] keep attacking. The ignorant who seek to fall the freemasons, freemasons are pretty much the innocent group as far as these so called illegal or immoralities are concerned there are groups hiding right in plain sight really getting away with so much but , thing is they will keep getting away with things cause they are in plain sight but the ignorant are unaware and completely blind to these other people in these groups. These other groups are right out in the open and you ignorant ones attacking freemasons just can't see it or accept freemasons are just scapegoats for your own misleading politicians. Oh and if you think freemasons are so wrong misleading and evil, I have to laugh , cause the masons are the angels after all is said and done cause the real & bigger secret groups are in plain sight. You [edited] who prey on the masons just can't see them or find them though they are right out in public view. I know of them I know what they do and what can be done. why don't you [edited] go somewhere else and complain and play the blame game on someone else like your politicians.

[edited, please refrain from insults!!]

[edit on 24-8-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
oh no sebatwerk made fun of my name what will i do with myself.

would you guys prefer assrammers instead of smacktards? let me know, i care.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

oh no sebatwerk made fun of my name what will i do with myself.

would you guys prefer assrammers instead of smacktards? let me know, i care.

You got away with personal insults once i see,dont know why? Masons here know i`m not pro mason but i take offense that you will be grouped in with the anti`s,i hope your banned.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

If by "turn it around" you mean show false statements to be false and give reasons and facts to support why, then yeah, I suppose you would be correct. But if you mean twisting others' words to make it something it's not; no, that's the antis' forte.

Axeman is kind of funny so I will expand a bit on my blanket statement, what I'm getting at is the countless replys by masons on every damn thing around here beginning with "you couldn't be further from the truth" or something to that effect, the masons around here constantly act like they know more then everybody else and its getting old.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Axeman is kind of funny so I will expand a bit on my blanket statement, what I'm getting at is the countless replys by masons on every damn thing around here beginning with "you couldn't be further from the truth" or something to that effect, the masons around here constantly act like they know more then everybody else and its getting old.

Sigh. That's the most you can expect from any mason here. Mock, Deny, Hide. Repeat if necessary.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hello everyone...

THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD

I am surprised by the junk being thrown around, and wish only to offer some light where there seems to be massive amounts of confusion and darkness.

I do not want to get into fights with groups of people in general, or any one person in particular, and suggest that answers to many often asked questions can be found on the website shown here...

www.grandlodge-england.org...

May I add...

Although there are many organisations or people who claim the title 'Masonic' not all are recognised by the United Grand Lodge of England, of which I am proud to have been a member for the last 20 years, having joined at age 21.

Whilst some people may immediately brand me as 'involved' in the often alleged 'Masonic conspiracy', and therefore suggest that everything said or quoted by me or any other Mason 'cannot be trusted', I should here observe that asking for answers from non-Masons may be less fruiutful.

Before I was a member, I asked members about Masonry, not non-Masons.

As a youngster I greatly admired my now-deceased grandfather, and always wondered why he was such a noble and honorable man who had great respect from many, and had great respect for others. I can say that I never heard him say a bad word about anyone.

These and other qualities are in no way exclusively Masonic; indeed one of my closest friends, who is not a Mason, also has the most noble of qualities in abundance. Many of which could easily be descibed as 'Masonic'.

As a teenager I thought to myself, 'If my grandfather, who is a good man has been a Mason for 25 years, then Masonry must be something good as well!' I asked questions, and was told 'Masonry is a moral guide, if you follow it you can do no wrong in the sight of God and man'

I joined, and was convinced by the positive message of Freemasonry, and saddened by the misconceptions that abound.

I have to say that I am in no way perfect in the eyes of God or man, but as Enzo Ferrari once said... 'There is no such thing as perfection, only the search for it'

I wish everone of you who reads this, Mason or non-Mason, a happy and fruitful life, and trust that all find what they are searching for.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the interested...

The 'Book of Constitutions' and 'Ceromonies' are published and can be purchased by anyone.

The United Grand Lodge website is..

www.grandlodge-england.org...

Extract from the Q&A section...

Q Why are you a secret society?
A We are not, but lodge meetings, like those of many other groups, are private and open only to members. The rules and aims of Freemasonry are available to the public. Meeting places are known and in many areas are used by the local community for activities other than Freemasonry. Members are encouraged to speak openly about Freemasonry.

Q What are the secrets of Freemasonry?
A The secrets in Freemasonry are the traditional modes of recognition which are not used indiscriminately, but solely as a test of membership, e.g. when visiting a Lodge where you are not known.

Q What happens at a lodge meeting?
A The meeting is in two parts. As in any association there is a certain amount of administrative procedure - minutes of last meeting, proposing and balloting for new members, discussing and voting on financial matters, election of officers, news and correspondence. Then there are the ceremonies for admitting new Masons and the annual installation of the Master and appointment of officers. The three ceremonies for admitting a new Mason are in two parts - a slight dramatic instruction in the principles and lessons taught in the Craft followed by a lecture in which the candidate's various duties are spelled out.

Q Why do Freemasons take oaths?
A New members make solemn promises concerning their conduct in Lodge and in society. Each member also promises to keep confidential the traditional methods of proving that he is a Freemason which he would use when visiting a lodge where he is not known. Freemasons do not swear allegiances to each other or to Freemasonry. Freemasons promise to support others in times of need, but only if that support does not conflict with their duties to God, the law, their family or with their responsibilities as a Citizen.

Q Why do your 'obligations' contain hideous penalties?
A They no longer do. When Masonic ritual was developing in the late 1600s and 1700s it was quite common for legal and civil oaths to include physical penalties and Freemasonry simply followed the practice of the times. In Freemasonry, however, the physical penalties were always symbolic and were never carried out. After long discussion, they were removed from the promises in 1986.

I will come back to this thread from time to time.

Regards and Best Wishes

XManUK

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Uhhhhhhh... Hello? Masons --> Masonry?

*news flash*

It stands to reason that Masons are very likely to know much more about Masonry than non-Masons. No stretch there.

Wow. Intrepid was not kidding...

[edit on 8/25/05 by The Axeman]

df1

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

what I'm getting at is the countless replys by masons on every damn thing around here beginning with "you couldn't be further from the truth" or something to that effect, the masons around here constantly act like they know more then everybody else and its getting old.

If the critics of Masonry would cease repeating the same tired old allegations that have been debunked time and time again it would not be necessary for Masons to repeat "you couldn't be further from the truth".

My suggestion is that you use the ATS search features prior to posting. When you rerun the same criticisms, it should come as no surprise that you receive the same replies. It should also come as no surprise that Mason know more about Masonry than non-Masons. Your expectation that Masons should allow fallacies to be perpetuated unchecked is an unreasonable expectation on your part.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If the critics of Masonry would cease repeating the same tired old allegations that have been debunked time and time again it would not be necessary for Masons to repeat "you couldn't be further from the truth".

So critics of masonry will always be told "you couldn't be further from the truth" from masons...didnt expect such a dumb post from you dfi (now write a post where you kiss my butt like you just did to masons, you know since i just called you dumb like sebatwerk did in the money topic)

[edit on 25-8-2005 by loserkage]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog
and camp respawn points for planes

ARGH! I hate those twerps! Masons and anti-masons should put aside their differences and we should all address the real enemy, CAMPERS!

[edit on 25-8-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Sigh. That's the most you can expect from any mason here. Mock, Deny, Hide. Repeat if necessary.

Tell me honestly, do we rteally JUST deny things? Or do we deny them, and tell you guys what the truth actually is?

For example, someone states that there are secret upper levels. Of course we deny that, and proceed to tell you how the structure and hirearchy of Freemasonry actually is.

Don't accuse us of simple denying and trying to hide things; we try to hide the lies, and give you guys the TRUTH. Can you really deny this? Do you have a problem with that?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join