It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Freemasonry Threads on Secret Societies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Co Masonry
A term used in Freemasonry, also known as adoptive Masonry, allowing for the admission and initiation of women. Traditionally women were not admitted into Freemasonry; however, historically there were some exceptions. Count Cagliostro did admit women into his sacred Egyptian Masonic Rite, and the Duchess of Bourbon presided as the Grand Mistress of the Grand Orient of France (1775); the Rite of Mizraim established Masonic lodges for both men and women as early as 1819. In authentic Co-Masonic orders, the rites have the same structure as in orthodox Freemasonry, and men and women hold corresponding ranks. A.G.H.

Now that this point has been established couldn't it also be said that Skull and Bones is also adoptive masonry?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
World leaders or heads of industry that are masons

The Queen of England is Grand Patroness and HRH The Duke of Kent is Grand Master.

Here is details of a visit to a Cape Town Masonic centre

www.geocities.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog

The Queen of England is Grand Patroness and HRH The Duke of Kent is Grand Master.

And this proves what?

That he's been a Mason since 1952?

And that her title is derived from his?

Bearing in mind that the monarchy isn't exactly a democratic ideal, and that Prince Philip has virtually no say in state decisions...whatcha trying to say here?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Co Masonry
A term used in Freemasonry, also known as adoptive Masonry,

Co-Masonry and Adoptive Masonry are two entirely DIFFERENT things.

dog, you obviously have no understanding whatsoever of the organization, structure, history or purpose of Freemasonry. Why do you want to publicly humiliate yourself with these posts that do NOTHING but demonstrate how little you know about the subject matter?

A TINY bit of actual research on your part (and I don't mean just "Google" I mean actually reading....ever heard of BOOKS) could really educated you on the subject (If you're willing to be educated....as most hate-mongers aren't)

Now that this point has been established couldn't it also be said that Skull and Bones is also adoptive masonry?

Well, now let's see. Skull & Bones is NOT Masonry...nor even a PART of Masonry so, no, I guess it can't, huh?

....just when I think it can't get any worse on this forum. I sure do miss Dribbler...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Just a reply to someone asking me to name names of prominent freemasons.

However still no comebacks on the other links I provided. You played down the others, dissed them and have tried to make me look stupid for checking out information that goes against your belief system.

You're giving me pro mason sites to check. I the opposite, yet because it is not pro mason you dismiss it even though some of these things have been written by freemasons.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

A TINY bit of actual research on your part (and I don't mean just "Google" I mean actually reading....ever heard of BOOKS) could really educated you on the subject (If you're willing to be educated....as most hate-mongers aren't)

Firstly I'm not a hate monger. It is called having different points of view. Just like christianity and islam. Different points of view. Books yes I believe we read a thing called a book in school. We learnt grammar and punctuation as well. Unlike some.
Here we are again try to make the person who questions look stupid.

Well, now let's see. Skull & Bones is NOT Masonry...nor even a PART of Masonry so, no, I guess it can't, huh?

Ok it just so happens that the sites that claim this have been closed down

....just when I think it can't get any worse on this forum. I sure do miss Dribbler...

Petty insults. I would of thought better from a 32 degree mason

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

www.co-masonry.org...
So does Freemasonry apparently!!!!!!!!!

Co-Masonry isn't recognized by legitimate Masonry. Members of Co-Masonic Lodges cannot visit my Lodge (or any legitimate Lodge with lineage to the Grand Lodge of England) There are a TON of "imitators" out there pretending to BE Masonry. It can get confusing sometimes.

So is this Intial list is false? You did say both Bush Snr and Jnr weren't Freemasons.

First, there IS no Bush SENIOR or JUNIOR. Former President Bush's name is George Herbert Walker. President Bush's name is George Walker. NOT George Walker Bush, JR....but I digress.

No. Neither of the Presidents Bush are (or ever were) Masons. I'm sorry if some whack-o hate-site you've dredged up says otherwise. Remember, the internet is a whole lot like a piece of paper. A piece of paper will lay on the table and let you write down ANYTHING you want to on it.

It also claims that only 2 presidents were not Masons or elite members of affiliated bodies. Lincoln and Kennedy!!!!!

Sheesh! Don't you know we are PROUD of our members who were Presidents (and other leaders)? Here's a list of them. If you'll count them, then try to figure out how many actual Presidents there have actually been, you'll see that only a small percentage were Masons....hardly "all but Lincoln and Kennedy"

www.calodges.org...

www.freemasonrywatch.org... claims Skull and Bones functions like an indepedent lodge of Freemasonry

"claims" (Do you know the definition of that word??? Freemasonrywatch is a hate-site. They'll "claim" whatever it takes to make Freemasonry look bad. If THAT'S your idea of research, I hope you get promoted to the third grade this fall.

Freemasonry is a fraternity within a fraternity -- an outer organization concealing an inner brotherhood of the elect ...

[YAWN] this crap has been discussed over and over and over. C'mon dog, if you're not smart enough to actually research a topic before trying to come off as an expert about it, at LEAST use the ATS search function and read some of the worn-out threads that have talked about this nonsense before...

Finally I won't change my signature.

I'd venture a guess that you don't know how.

Also how can it be said if you're a Mason you're not indoctrinated into that system. They tell you something and you go along with it that is indoctrination.

Well, there you go, folks. "them-there Masons...they's brainwarshed"

What a glowing example of Brilliant Scholarship. THAT'S never been said before.

I guess I'll stop by the Lodge on my way to work and turn in my decoder ring.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

However still no comebacks on the other links I provided. You played down the others, dissed them and have tried to make me look stupid for checking out information that goes against your belief system.

Comebacks?!
It seems obvious that you have already made up your mind, Dog. And with that, there seems little point in continuing.

If you cannot take seriously an attempt to provide factual and/or accurate information without perceiving it as some kind of insult or personal affront, then there's really nothing more we can do here.

If you refuse to consider all sides of a story, nobody else is making you look stupid.

And once again, for the record, I'm not a Mason. And I don't even play one on TV.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Firstly I'm not a hate monger. It is called having different points of view. Just like christianity and islam.

That's interesting. You're posting hate-filled sites, refusing to accept legitimate sites directed to you by people who are members (oh yeah, we're brain-washed, I forgot) and you're blatantly stating mistruths as facts.

Different points of view.

Yes, I read that the first time you wrote it.

Books yes I believe we read a thing called a book in school.

Really? You read a book. Congratulations.

We learnt grammar and punctuation as well. Unlike some.
Here we are again try to make the person who questions look stupid.

I'm not trying to make you look stupid. I'm trying to point out some of the nonsense you've posting. For those who are educated on this subject, posting sites like freemasonrywatch and trying to claim skull & bones is "adoptive freemasonry" doesn't bode well for the reliability of the rest of the post. See what I mean?

I know the owner of the site (Ed King) is a Freemason, and therefore brainwashed, but when you get an hour or two to spend (you'll need it to really see anything on the site) go to masonicinfo.com and start reading. There's a WORLD of information, and unlike some of the fruit-cake sites about Masonry, this one actually has REFERENCES, which lends to it's authenticity. Really, it's a GOOD site.

Ok it just so happens that the sites that claim this have been closed down

Good. They won't be spreading untruths then.

Petty insults. I would of thought better from a 32 degree mason

Aw, now you hurt my feelings. Besides, I'd think you'd EXPECT it from ANY Mason, since we're ignorant, and brainwashed and don't know ANYTHING about the Masonic Order...and all you non-Masons are experts on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ok with the belittling and putting down again.

You believe that Skull and Bones isn't masonic related and I do.

We can go back and forth like this. You givng me Pro Masonic Links and me giving Anti Mason links(1 site you singled out freemason watch one) I didn't only use that for reference.

So why don't you slam all the sites that put this info there.

I also never said you are brain "washed" not warshed. I said indoctrinated.

Just like when I joined the army I was indoctrinated into their way of thinking and doing things. Are you telling me that doesn't happen within the masons? Are you not taught into living a certain way of life and doing things in a certain way? Otherwise known as indoctrination.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok for now I will back a little from my statment that Skull and Bones is Masonic.

I still believe it is however until I can concrete that I will say this.

Skull and Bones is very similar to Masonry with it's Masonic Emblems. The layout of their inititation room is very similar to those found in Masonic Lodges in Germany associated with the Illuminiati.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
And you're the one prescribing ME xanax?

Your arrogance astounds me.

My arrogance? Hmmm... Nah. I just know what I'm talking about. There is a difference. Speaking of arrogance, it's FRIDAY!!!

[edit on 8/19/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A question to the Masons.

Is Skull and crossbones an important emblem in Masonry?

Can someone explain the meaning of it please?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To ague with logic against emotions is truly a waste of time. There will always be those who are in search of something or someone to hate. This search often lands on things that they cannot understand or is unknown to them. Look hard enough for the devil and soon you will see him every where.

After 1717, when the grand lodge was formed in England, there was an eruption of groups formed who took on the title of Freemasonry. Just because these group used the name or modeled themselves somewhat after the Freemasons doesn’t make them masons.
MyDog much of what you have read on the WebPages is not Freemasonry. Groups like the OTO and others are not Masons. The problem lies with so many groups starting up at the same time independently. There are Grand lodges all over the world and they feel that they understand masonry correctly. They have entered into agreements with each others to recognize each others rights. Other groups have been ignored because they failed to live up to the high moral standards or basic agreed upon principles of freemasonry. These Grand lodges also agree not to interfere with each other. Therefore it is impossible for anyone mason or group of masons to talk for the whole. Freemasonry is many things to many people, let it has never hurt anyone or tortured any one or condemned anyone. Things that have been done to many people through out the world by most of the major Religions. The reason for this is the basic principle held dear by of all true masons (my opinion as I said I can’t speak for all masons) that every person has a right to form there own beliefs. You are entitled to your beliefs. I just hope that you haven’t trapped yourself into looking too hard for a devil to hate.

lost in the midwest

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I'm not lookng to hate anyone. I do wish for infinite love through out the world.

With you giving me the information about separate groups branching off and claiming themselves to be Masons has helped me understand a bit more.

So that would mean Skull and Bones is not recognised by the United Grand Lodge? They just have similar symbols but follow a different belief?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

A question to the Masons.

Is Skull and crossbones an important emblem in Masonry?

Can someone explain the meaning of it please?

It's a symbol of mortality. Not much of a stretch there.

In other words, it's a reminder of the fact that none of us can escape death; therefore we should live every day to the fullest and do our best to be upright and just in our day to day affairs, so that when the time comes, we're ready.

More or less. I'm not a Mason but I have researched the subject plenty. It's not hard to do; there are lots of good sites with good information out there.

Here's one: web.mit.edu...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So that would mean Skull and Bones is not recognised by the United Grand Lodge? They just have similar symbols but follow a different belief?
That would be correct.

There have been many groups that have been formed through out the years, who were in search of the mystical. They looked to the Freemasons as a model. They fell into a common misconception that the Freemasons had some great secret or mystical powers. The truth is that masonry doesn’t have ether. The teachings of the degrees would seem quite common place for any one who read them the morals are found in other places than Freemasonry. The secrets of the lodge are quite simple; the problem is that they can not be taught through language, they have to be experienced. The main secret (in my opinion) is the change your undergo psychologically when you are initiated. The process was for me a change in attitude about the world, myself and others. I said good bye to my old self and grew up. I started to take responsibility for myself and not blaming the state of my life or the world on others. I started to look for ways I could make my life better and the world better. It was the aid I got from others in the lodge that help me see that we all have a obligation to help our fellowman with out dictating how to live their lives. Another secret of the lodge is that you can discuss anything with a brother with out fear that they will mock you or make little of your fears or ideals. Also you know that what you say to them in private stays private.

I know this doesn’t sound all that exiting, but it is nice to always have someone you can talk to, trust, and depend on, that won’t tell you what to think, believe, or do.

This is what I have found in Masonry. I am currently a 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason, A Past Commander of a Knight Templar Commandry, and Past High Priest of a Chapter and hold office in many other bodies. I have seen nothing in the years of Masonry that I was not proud of. In fact I am continually amazed with my brother kindness and how they always step up to help others inside and out of Freemasonry.
I hope this helps a little.

lost in the midwest

[edit on 19-8-2005 by lost in the midwest]

[edit on 19-8-2005 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So that would mean Skull and Bones is not recognised by the United Grand Lodge?

Skull and Bones does not claim to be a Masonic organization. Skull and Bones is a college frat that only admits seniors at Yale University. If any of their symbols or rituals are similar to ours, they've simply plagiarized them.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What countries/industries do the Queen of England and the Duke of Kent "lead?"

Just wondering...

Monarchy Monkeys, not just for figureheads anymore...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You did say both Bush Snr and Jnr weren't Freemasons.

It also claims that only 2 presidents were not Masons or elite members of affiliated bodies. Lincoln and Kennedy!!!!!

I have previously (and more than once) posted the names of the 16 Presidents of the US who have been Masons. I've also posted the Lodges they were members of, and the dates they received their degrees. I also listed it if any of them ever were officers in the Fraternity.

The last President of the United States who was a Mason was Gerald Ford. Neither of the Bushes were ever Masons. Bill Clinton was a member of DeMolay, but never became a Mason.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join