It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush neighbors seek limits on demonstrations (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Due to the huge numbers of anti-war demonstrators that Cindy Sheehan's protest, local residents, neighbors of Bush have submitted a petition to expand a no-parking zone that now bans cars within a few hundred feet of the ranch. This will force Sheehan and her fellow demonstrators as well as the press to continue their protests in Crawford itself instead of at the Bush ranch.

www.cnn.com
Several residents have complained of blocked roads and traffic jams in the last week since dozens of people joined Cindy Sheehan's protest by pitching tents off the winding, two-lane road leading to Bush's ranch.

The petition with more than 60 signatures was submitted to the McLennan County commission, asking the board to expand a no-parking zone that now bans cars within a few hundred feet of the ranch. If the ordinance passes, demonstrators probably would have to stay in Crawford, which is 7 miles away.

Some residents said they worried about the safety of children waiting for school buses in the area. Schools began classes Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This seems to be a common issue nowadays in the US. Where in order to accomadate the rights of one person or group, the rights of others are either entirely ignored, trampled on, and even dismissed as being less than the other group.
I used to live near Texas Motor Speedway and I came to hate the racing season. Not only did it take absolutely forever to go anywhere but people (I am not saying that Sheehan and group are doing the same) completely ignore personal property, even urinating on my back porch!
I totally feel for these neighbors and agree that they need to stand up for their rights especially if as Ms. Sheehan has promised, she and her fellow protesters, will return everytime Bush is back on the Ranch.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Like the German American Festival held a block from here, or the Polish American Festival held 3 blocks from here. They have to put up signs and give out permits to people who live in the area so when they park in their driveway the car isn't towed. Why? Because the police got tired of all the calls of people complaining of drunks and polish people parking in their yards, driveways, street, so forth. So they just give a permit to the home owners then tow any car they see without one during the nights of the festivals.

Sucks though as it does, idiots are allowed to live. Remember a time when nature took care of the idiots?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This had to happen sooner or later. I just hope the outcry has been orchestrated by local Crawford folks and not by right wingers trying to counter what they see as left wing demonstrations.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
JTL,
Which are the idiots? The protesters or the residents?
Just asking to clarify your postion is all

Thanks

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was wondering when the people of the area were going to start complaining.

Occurs they have the right to do so, is their neighborhood and are their properties the ones that will be damage with the heavy traffic.

Hopefully the protestors will move to Washington to do their protest, occurs ounces in Washington they can get arrested for "Terrorist acts against the Government" under the patriot act.

Or they will be ordered to be confine to barbwire pens.
under heavy surveillance.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Heck even Mike Moore held his thing in Crawford instead of right outside the ranch. It is one of the few things that I admired about him.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sounds like a resonable request to me. I am surprised that the owners of the properties where the tents are have not asked to have people arrested for tresspassing.

[edit on 8/16/2005 by shots]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
No Bush. The protestors wouldn't be there if Bush had been taken care of through Natural Selection after one of his coke binges. But humanity has ended Natural Selection by saving the idiots like Bush from an OD.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Cool thanks that clarifies it.
I was not sure if you were refereing to the protesters or the neighbors.
I think it is a no win situation for both sides unfortunately.
As for GW..... He ain't no rocket scientist thats for sure

[edit on 16-8-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
funny..the constitution doesnt say "peaceably to assemble at specific location" whats wrong with forcing them to protest elsewhere? their protest location violates the rights of those who live there as per this amendment:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I wonder if Iraqis were allowed to file a petition when the US invaded?

What laws were we obeying going into Iraq?
Which ones were we breaking?

You could see the residents as being the victims of an invasion.
Sort of puts the shoe on another foot.

I do sympathize with people who are putting up with disturbance and object purely on personal grounds.

Has anyone put up a petition to have the president leave because he is a nuisance resident?
Like a crack house attracts all sorts of commings and goings.
Aren't there ordinances about property owners who cause the community undue hardships?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Latest news is reporting one of Bushs neighbors sympathized with her and is going to let them use their property and it is even closer to Bush then where they are now. Heard that on one of the news channels sorry no link.

Then another of his neighbors shot a gun off. He said he was getting ready for dove season

www.sltrib.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
found the link to my previous mention of moving closer

Antiwar protester Sheehan to move campsite

CRAWFORD, Texas (Reuters) - Antiwar protester Cindy Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq, is moving her camp closer to President George W. Bush's Texas ranch.The piece of private property was offered by a relative of a man who had a fired shotgun in frustration over the protests, a source in the Sheehan camp said. The property owner is also a veteran.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Fred Mattlage, distant cousin of shotgun firing Larry Mattlage is reportedly allowing Sheehan to use his property which is closer to Bush's ranch.

Kudos Fred.

There are human beings living in Texas.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
namehere, but what happens when they limit where you can protest?

First housing areas then where next? Outside Government buildings? If it could cause a loss of business to a shop?

What then? Where should they protest?

new topics

top topics

join