It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Library to Launch 'borrow a person'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

If you're one of those people who thinks all lesbians are sexually frustrated or all animal rights activists aggressive, then a Swedish library project that allows you to "borrow" a human being rather than a book may provide some useful insight.

The Living Library project will enable people to come face-to-face with their prejudices in the hopes of altering their preconceived notions, Ulla Brohed of the Malmoe Library in southern Sweden said.
"You sometimes hear people's prejudices and you realise that they are just uninformed," she said.

news.com.au
Progressive Librarians' Projects
Around the World

Hmmm, person 'x' goes to the library in order to debate their 'thoughts' face to face with another person. I just hope there is some security, as even the article sounds biased.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is very similar to a "reality" show that the Sci-Fi Channel had on last year.
Although they did not have Lesbians as the Alt's, they did have a Wicca, a Naturalist, A Voddo Priestess. A Modern Primitive and a "Vampire".
It was interesting in how they tried to open the eye of the Norm's to alternate ways of life. I wish the "library" all the success in the world and hope that it is more successfull than Mad Mad House!
Mad Mad House

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hmmm, borrowing a lesbian, could I check out two of them and a video camera?

I'm sorry but I can see this ending badly. What if a republican went over there? He would end up killing everyone who didn't agree with him.

join