It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War III (Or the Crusades II) – The 7 Stages to Caliphate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Perhaps terming it a "Caliphate" is wrong then, since let's face it, if a Caliphate were to come about today it's ideals and philosophy would be completely different to the Caliphs of history.

I don't believe the fundamentalists could form a cohesive government, let alone create an enlightened and cultured one. Part of the reason we have access to ancient greek texts is because the Caliphs had many of them copied and were available for later Europeans to tranlate (almost all Greek and Roman texts that remained in europe were destroyed during the ravages of the dark ages).

I think a Caliphate like that would be a benefit to the region and would indeed be a respectable world power. I am not referring to the bizarre charicature of a Caliphate that seems to have no other purpose than fearmongering and rubbish about Crusades.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Thats how I see life.

Be individual.

Mass religion is a weapon of mass destruction. Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction.

No matter what is said. A man is free, when he is held back by religous beliefs, violence or intolerance he has already lost the war never mind the battle.

~Peace
~

[edit on 16/8/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Any true Christian who believes the Bible will not believe what Skippy wrote. Why? because the Bible says 'Wormwood' will put a stop to all our stupidness!

Me, I'm going with the Mayans in 2012.

Amusing post though Skippy.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
hmmm

Zarqawi is crapping out of his mouth again, I see, changed a few dates but the main plot is the same.
He has been telling this story for I think 30 years already, it is getting old.
The last time everything started with the assasination of Anwar Sadat, now it starts with 9/11... it just keeps starting, but somehow it never goes far...

The ideology exists some 50 years already. Their goal so far has been to gain control over one single islamic country. For 50 years they have been preaching the same and failed every single time, thats how popular their ideology really is.
To actually gain control over THE WHOLE WORLD, they would need to gain control over all islamic countries first and they would have to start with gaining power in one country... which they failed, as I said.

So, this plan is not only absolutely not achievable, it is beyond any realm of possibility that a group that has failed in its goals for 50 years in islamic countries somehow gains control over the rest of the world.

No matter how much Zarqawi screams, it ain't hapening. It is logicaly not possible.

The only thing that might help them move just a little bit further from "The Start" is if someone were to invade and destabilize several middle eastern countries so bad that Al-Qaeda manages to infiltrate them long enough to establish a political presence there...

ooops....

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that this "crusade" is very far from being
Crusades II more like Crusades XI but you probably knew that already....

Pardon me if I don't seem too scared of the "Caliphate" (Ooh Boogy Boogy!!).
This irrational fear is pathetic no matter how dirty the "terrorists" fight they do not have the ability to pull this off.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
This irrational fear is pathetic no matter how dirty the "terrorists" fight they do not have the ability to pull this off.

I wonder if thats how the world thought in 1938 about Hitler? Or I wonder if any US Commanders thought that way on December 6, 1941? And Ill tell you what, I thought the way you do on September 10, 2001....

But not anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I am positive that whatever anaylsis we come up with, albeit pro or con for a new Islamic Crusade, our government is way ahead of us in preparation for conflict. By no means do I support either sides interest in conquering the other; I just want to live my life and make fat babies. However, in light of recent events (Giza relocation, Vendyl Jones, escalation of deaths in Iraq) I feel the US is prepping for a much larger confrontation than we are aware of. Below are a few links to articles ive been parusing. They seem quite relevant.

caliphate in Germany

NIC's view on Global Order

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are you a Christian/Catholic Skippy??

If the answer is yes why are you getting worked up about a future event that is not mentioned in the Holy Bible??

Plus it seems the Christian/Jewish Neo-cons have other plans with 'The Plan for the New American Century'.

Everybody wants to rule the world huh.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

If the answer is yes why are you getting worked up about a future event that is not mentioned in the Holy Bible??

there are many events that do not involved the Bible. u cannot expect the Bible to predict every minute every second that would happened since the Bible's existence.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

there are many events that do not involved the Bible. u cannot expect the Bible to predict every minute every second that would happened since the Bible's existence.

You would expect The falling star Wormwood to put a stop to it though.....

Plus I would expect Gobal Dominance by another religion other then Christianity to be in there somewhere......

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Plus it seems the Christian/Jewish Neo-cons have other plans with 'The Plan for the New American Century'.

I was raised Catholic, but as a young teenager I came to my senses and realized religion wasnt for me. I would best clasify myself as an Athiest. I care for Christianity about as much as I do Islam.

My post is not about religion istelf, its how the effect that extremists within a single religion (Islam) may effect the world in the future. I focus on Islamic extremists because in todays day and age they pose more of a threat to my family than Christian extremists do.

But what suprise is that? Religion has caused more death, destruction, and suffering that any cause in the history of mankind.

Maybe someday the world will finally rid itself of the plague known as religion and we can finally enjoy true peace and happiness....We can only hope.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is a fun one. Even with the terror, it's but a thorn in the side of a bear. Angers and hurts the bear but does not kill it. Now step back and look at the societies and areas in question that will lead this. Deserts, lack of raw materials of production and a bunch of oil. Let see, what did they do with oil - sell it. If the buyers go away so goes the money to build and buy any capability to attack.

Did our friends over there bring about the life changing work on oil derivatives - plastics, fibers, etc. - nope the good old west. Who do they buy weapons from, largely non-Islamic countries and that I'm afraid would vanish if the turds go into the fan. What do they buy it with - oil revenues. Simple economic fact that one product companies/societies are likely to fall at some point....

Where do their brains go to study - the west or Russia or China. Again the turd factor. Any major scientific achievements from that group in the last 100 years - not really. It's a mindset spurred on by the religion which is the society and the life and for all the achievements of the distant past, today they are second world societies at best, propped up with oil money. Sorry folks - and second world is a stretch.....

If it comes to a organized fight, which it would have to be if an overthrow of the west is is the goal, then the writing is on the wall. The west has used kid gloves so far. When they come off it would not be pretty - again fact, the west has the means and methods to make war and warlike materials on a large scale basis. The Islamic countries do not....

Think about it - a couple of hundred MOAB's would have taken Baghdad and everyone in it off of the map. Their best shot to date got 3000+....

Now what if the west gave in to all demands being levied - nothing. Once a person and a group have a cause that is their whole life, even if the reasons for the cause go away they will not stop. New demands would be made and the cause would continue. Once the shift away from oils starts many societies that supply that oil are going to be in for a world of hurt. They'll get back in line and live nice again for a while but the cause will go on....

Tis a circular and never ending problem....

[edit on 16-8-2005 by UofCinLA]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Do you really think it possible to "un-Westernize" any culture?

Seriously?

Yeah, somehow I don't see those vendors of pirated rock music, selling for a couple riyals per cd, going anywhere!

I don't see them suddenly throwing their tvs in the desert.

I don't see them parking their white Toyota pickups or Mercedes Benzes either, and picking up the reins to the camel again.

If this is truly their plan, they are facing the impossible...

Will they get rid of the Safeways and A&P supermarkets?

Will they get rid of amusement parks (a fascination there)?

No, I don't think so.

Western culture is there to stay, and it will only grow more and more. The offer of death, martyrdom, jihad, etc. may appeal to the youth, and for a short time, but eventually, they wise up and simply go for the comfort and luxuries of actually enjoying life instead of seeking to destroy it.

And THAT is why this philosophy will ultimately lose.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

I was raised Catholic, but as a young teenager I came to my senses and realized religion wasnt for me. I would best clasify myself as an Athiest. I care for Christianity about as much as I do Islam.

My post is not about religion istelf, its how the effect that extremists within a single religion (Islam) may effect the world in the future. I focus on Islamic extremists because in todays day and age they pose more of a threat to my family than Christian extremists do.

But what suprise is that? Religion has caused more death, destruction, and suffering that any cause in the history of mankind.

Maybe someday the world will finally rid itself of the plague known as religion and we can finally enjoy true peace and happiness....We can only hope.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by skippytjc]

Then I admit I pre-judged you as Religious type. I apologise for that.

I have disagreed with most things you have said but I agree with you on your last comment. Take away Neo Christians and Islamic nutters and we might all stand a chance.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Then this will kock your socks off: I dont like George Bush and I didnt want to go to Iraq this time around either.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Ah but doesn't it say in the bible that no one knows the day nor the hour???

Mayans said december 12 2012.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You have voted skippytjc way above top secret.

Thats the best quote I've heard all day.

One can only hope that the world can be rid of religious beliefs that destroy rather than construct.

~Peace
~

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by evanfitz

Ah but doesn't it say in the bible that no one knows the day nor the hour???

Mayans said december 12 2012.

Bible 'code' said 2012 too!

Okay, your right.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Then this will kock your socks off: I dont like George Bush and I didnt want to go to Iraq this time around either.

I have read you didn't like Geroge before in some thread, so thats not a suprise.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I wonder if thats how the world thought in 1938 about Hitler? Or I wonder if any US Commanders thought that way on December 6, 1941? And Ill tell you what, I thought the way you do on September 10, 2001....

But not anymore.

Hitler had an ARMY, one of the mightiest armies at the time. Everyone was expecting him to attack, everybody knew what was coming.
Japan had an ARMY, very powerful one.
Even with those armies they didn't manage to conquer the WHOLE world.

9/11 was just a bunch of guys training for years to hijack 4 planes. Thats it. It ended there. There was no army, no conquest, no tanks, airplanes, generals, thousands of soldiers... none of that.

You cannot compare a WAR fought by COUNTRIES with armies and an attack carried out by a small group of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join