It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One God or more than one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
MOST religions believe in one God. Others, like Buddhism, believe that everyone has the potential to reach God-like status or Nirvana. What's everyone's opinion: One God or more tha one?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I believe that the "many" Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of the
Universal Creator Being. Also that the Male/Female aspects represent the necessary balance in the Universe.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I believe in one God. I know that some still believe in many God's but I have not understood that. I do not understand how one would know that something in nature is due to one God and something elsewhere is due to another. And of course, if there were many Gods they must have a boss right? Thus we come back to a single top source in the end. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Right, the source must always be single--in any thing requiring a source. Which is everything, basically. It's a endless contemplation.

BUT.

God the Father is 'pure spirit'. Meaning to me, 'the Ancient of Days', the first cause, etc...
That is 'the' God.

Then there are gods. Sons of God--whether the First Begotten Son, the sons first fallen from Grace, the potential sons of God we all are--are gods, too--but of course only the first born is God, too. The Son of God is the express image of God the Father--but all the rest are only working toward being 'gods'.

By saying 'gods' I don't mean sovreigns equal to or even comparable to the Almighty God--I mean beings who are fully conscious and alive through the spirit of the One True God.

'To be as gods, knowing good and evil'--that is true consciousness.

The word 'god' in itself is too general of a term for any real definition in this regard, anyway. 'God', as a name for a being (other than the Father and the Son) really only means 'divine in character/nature.'

True understanding of such concepts can only be had outside of the written and spoken bounds of language, IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I believe in one God, not many Gods. Most reigons that believe in Gods, worship the God of the sun, or hinduism who believe in many gods to, but believe in shiva the destroyer God. But one way or other it wrong. How can you believe in things on earth or in space, and make them Gods. Hinduism believes that Gods are like families on earth, that they can reporduce in heaven. They believe in the supreme God the Brahman(The head God) he hold all power and glory, hinduism says he is the supreme soul (parama-atman. But all Gods come from Brahman. The God Brahma(spelling is right) is the creator aspect of Brahman. Just like Shiva destroyer God is a aspect of Brahman.

Confusing is'nt it.

top topics

join