It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well i have been here a short while

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I guess i come across as cynical
i guess I question a lot
but i have been an academic too long
sorry guys but thats me
Thought i shoud introduce myself - Im from the UK - have an interest in the occult and UFO's from an early age - and conspiracys haunt me at times - but a plea
a conspiracy is something with evidence not circumstance - check some history - read some books - then post.
As an historian we have to choose between primary and secondary material to determine truth - the web is not either.

anyhow rant off if you eould like to know how I got here and what makes me tick read on

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Not only is it very nice to meet you, but I appreciate your comments.

(I don't have a lot of faith that they will stick, but I appreciate them nonetheless...let's see if you made a difference
).

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Valhall
Thank you for the comments - I appreciate them - and Its nice to know some one reads them - I look forward to a long time on the boards and to hearing from you if i stray from a topic.

As we say in England

Cheers

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
chears mucka...

oh sorry... hello welcome to the board...

its nice to see a fellow englishman such as yourself here...

over and out....!!

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well my ex wife did say i was a cold fish - sushi i think she called me - and gaff is a brown nose - so i guess im safe saying hi -

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome to ATS Silk.
Your are correct in your premise of primary and secondary sources in doing historical research. Inferences, contexts, and interpretations come to mind here.

I do believe that gulliblility and discernment would also fit quite nicely into the above process.
I do hope you enjoy your time here and stay ever cynical...it can and will come in handy.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Welcome to the official nut-house of the internet Silk! But yea, have fun and stay awhile.

~Regards, Jeff.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Seekerof

Thank you for the welcome - and yes i am cynical - or rather i prefer analytical to what i see - but im not closed minded so dont worry - i like this chat and will enjoy my time here

new topics

top topics

join