It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek flight 522 shot down? - my theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Here's my theory:

Within a short period of time, the news was broadcasting details of what the F16s had seen when investigating the aircraft - the co-pilot slumped, the gas masks hanging down, etc.

However, it took over 24 hours for them to mention the 'minor' detail of them also seeing two people trying to take back control of the plane.

This is unacceptable to me, I believe that they have made this up and injected it into the news story to give a viable explanation why the aircraft would (apparantly) disengage autopilot midflight and all by itself as the people on the plane were apparantly dead or incapacitated.
It obviously had plenty of fuel so it didn't run out.

It makes perfect sense, it was heading to Athens and when it arrived it would either disengage autopilot and crash (especially with the co-pilot slumped against the controls) or keep cruising until the fuel ran out and then crash (not sure about autopilot operations).

I see it they knew they only had one real choice, to shoot it down over uninhabited land while they had the chance as there was no hope for it. A tough call but the only one - of course telling the public is not a good idea as a lot of people, especially relatives, would be able to cope with that.

My idea anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Here's my theory:

Within a short period of time, the news was broadcasting details of what the F16s had seen when investigating the aircraft - the co-pilot slumped, the gas masks hanging down, etc.

However, it took over 24 hours for them to mention the 'minor' detail of them also seeing two people trying to take back control of the plane.

This is unacceptable to me, I believe that they have made this up and injected it into the news story to give a viable explanation why the aircraft would (apparantly) disengage autopilot midflight and all by itself as the people on the plane were apparantly dead or incapacitated.
It obviously had plenty of fuel so it didn't run out.

It makes perfect sense, it was heading to Athens and when it arrived it would either disengage autopilot and crash (especially with the co-pilot slumped against the controls) or keep cruising until the fuel ran out and then crash (not sure about autopilot operations).

I see it they knew they only had one real choice, to shoot it down over uninhabited land while they had the chance as there was no hope for it. A tough call but the only one - of course telling the public is not a good idea as a lot of people, especially relatives, would be able to cope with that.

My idea anyway.

Quite possible that it was shot down! I saw a snatch of video on the news, and as the plane was heading for the ground it was on fire with one wing comming away....and it had not yet actually hit the ground.

MOD EDIT:Fixing quotes.

[edit on 8/17/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
What bit of video is that? I havn't seen any video of it actually falling yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Only problem is that the investigators putting the plane back together will know about this sooner or later. There aren't any eyewitness accounts to coroborate the claim such as there were with TWA800.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This could be going somewhere. How would there be only two people alive if everyone else was dead? I agree this would be a tough call but the logical call because if everyone was already dead from the decompression, what would it gain to have the plane possibly crash in a populated area?

Much like the 911 flight that crashed in PA, USA, it might have been a tough judgement call and its always better to allow people to think their relatives died fighting than to tell them the plane had to be brought down.

I'd like to see the footage refered to if anyone has a link for it.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is the pilot still missing ?

The BBC, as of yesterday - (Tuesday, 16 August 2005, 14:15 GMT 15:15 UK) said that:

"The body of pilot Marten Hans Jurgen, a 50-year-old German, has not yet been found".

I can't tell from the article if they can't find the pilot and others, or if they can't find just the pilot.

First off, I don't actually know anything at all about aircraft accidents, but I'd guess that's the former is pretty reasonable thing to say in light of the nature of the crash and the potential for damage on impact, but the latter ... hmm, does that sound a bit odd or not ?

Maybe it happens like that, and there is nothing in it after all.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As for all dead but two....

Wrong.

The coroners performing the autopsies reported that not all of the passengers were dead prior to impact.

At least 20 were still alive at the time of impact.

Also the co-pilot was still alive though unconscious.

link1

link2

[edit on 17-8-2005 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join