It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thunderbird - new thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I've mentioned once before how i literally work out in the middle of nowhere for my job in Nothingland, Nebraska. I was in my truck for over an hour waiting for a construction crew to finish what they were doing so i could do my job. While waiting, i saw a BIG eagle swoop down and grab a rabbit. It flew straight up with it and then intentionally dropped it. The fall killed the rabbit immediately. Then the eagle flew back down to it and started to feast on it.

I started thinking about the Thunderbird and how it could probably do that to a cow. One cow could certainly be a meal that it could live off of for quite awhile. Then i started to think about the cow mutilations that are blammed on UFO's. The reason they are blammed on UFO's is because the cows are shown to have broken bones as if they were picked up and dropped. Then sections of the cow are "removed" for scientific reserch for the Aliens. What if the cows were just eaten by a large bird in that section?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Furthermore, i did a little Google searching and found that the Emu (which is a LARGE flightless bird) has properties of "oxindole" in it's saliva. Oxindole was found in the wounds of a mutilated cow in a science lab. However, they also concluded that the cow must've been drugged since traces of oxindole was found. Oxindole can be manufactured in sedatives.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Probably an old one, just found it.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The problem I have with this argument is the fact that most cattle mutilations usually involve more 'surgical' removal of certain organs, blood and sometimes skins. I would think that any type of large raptor would eat a carcass at random and that researchers would easily be able to identify marks on the remains as having been made by a bird's beak.

I am afraid I miss your point concerning the emu - are you trying to suggest that perhaps the Thunderbird also has oxindole in its saliva? Because the emu is native to Australia and there is no way they would be able to bring down anything the size of cattle.

Having said that, I have actually read accounts of cattle mutilation sites where the beast was believed to have been dropped from high altitudes. I suppose it would be interesting to plot the location of cattle mutilations against known Thunderbird sightings and see what you get. I still think, though, that the carcasses would show more evidence of raptor involvement if this were the case. I don't think a Thunderbird would eat specific organs, or exsanguinate the cattle.

Where did you find that picture?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
I don't think a Thunderbird would eat specific organs, or exsanguinate the cattle.

difficult to believe a bird could be the cause of anything like the following

ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Faust, I like your theory, but I'm with the other posters that it doesn't hold water.

The most obvious problem is the fact that there would be evidence that a mutilation was done by a predator. For a start there would be marks on the back of the cows where the Thunderbird picked them up. Then a bird that's able to lift up such big prey, won't just pick out certain body parts ("Autopsy reports show that removal of sexual, digestive tract, and sensory organs are most often the organs of choice. Soft tissue organs, such as the reproductive organs, tongue, eyes, lips, ears, udders, and the rectal area are also occasionally removed") with "surgical precision"... And there is no explanation for the absence of any body fluids.

This site: Cattle Mutilations basically explains why your theory doesn't work.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok, so the Thunderbirds have laser-beam surgical tools. What's so hard to believe about...hey, come back. Where's everybody going?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The pic comes from here:

images.google.com...://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/uploads/post-10180-1110107235.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.unexplained-m ysteries.com/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D35445&h=360&w=504&sz=90&tbnid=nttTvMe9cxwJ:&tbnh=91&tbnw=128&hl=en&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmothman%26hl%3Den%26l r%3D&oi=imagesr&start=2

It's actually a discussion forum about the Mothman. Others who know my posts well enough know that i believe the Mothman and the Thunderbird to be the same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Problem with the link there. Copy and paste the whole thing, not just the red part.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If they "carried off the cow", there wouldn't be a corpse to investigate, right? Also, aren't the cuts very precise in most cases? Otherwise, more common predators would be to blame I'd think.

We know large (really large) birds existed in the Americas after the last ice age. Some could have survived I suppose, to at least the earlier indians' time, so the inspiration for the legend could be genuine.

But, these probably died out before the white man came. Just an opinion.

new topics

top topics

join