It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World's Thoughs on a USA Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I noticed people talking about the possiblity of a civil war in the United States and it got me thinking.

My question is this. IF a civil war was to break out in the States, how would the rest of the world react? Would different countries sit back and watch or would they try to intervene against the bad guys? And who would the other countries believe to be the bad guy? The government, or We the people? Would other countries take the chaotic opportunity to start lobbing nukes at us, or would they just think good riddance?

We all know there are countries that rely heavily on the USA. Then there are the countries that can't stand us for whatever reason.

Being an American myself, I certainly hope a civil war wound never happen. I just would like to know what people on the outside would think if it did.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by thirddensity]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I am from Oregon, but I lived in Canada for a Year. When I was there I noticed that everyone I met from other lands were very terrified of the thought of an American civil war. I met people from all over the world while I lived in Vancouver, Bc, and they were really terrified of the thought. All the worlds economy runns of of Ours, the world revolves around the Us, like it or not. We are the lone superpower for now, and so a civil war would be damaging to the whole world. Not to say that it wont happen( It might) but just be ready in case anything does. We here in the Northwest already have a plan, zapatopi.net...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Have you paid much attention to the Russian/Chechyen Civil War?? Or Darfur? How about the Tamils in Sri Lanka?

An occasional snippet in the news, otherwise not much attention is paid to these 'civil wars'. A local uprising in the U.S. would most likely receive the same treatment.

One can argue a civil war is currently taking place in the U.S. -- a cold civil war of two competing governing philosophies. Often oversimplified in the media as 'red state/blue state', but it really is more complex than that and the divisions fall more along a rural/urban line.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
An occasional snippet in the news, otherwise not much attention is paid to these 'civil wars'. A local uprising in the U.S. would most likely receive the same treatment.

lol, no disrespect, I very strongly doubt that.

Amajor civil uprising would be headline news. If it got somewere it would be world news. I don't see the possibilities of a civil war? between who? the first of this civil war stuff came around when that 'john titor' crop started circulating. Theres no attacker and no defender....and no reason.

Vorta

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Vorta]

new topics

top topics

join