It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MoD 'open-minded' on alien encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
news.scotsman.com...

ALIEN abduction protocols, curried kidney recipes and Navy-issue watches are among the topics of inquiries received by the Ministry of Defence since the Freedom of Information Act came into force at the beginning of the year.

Averaging 300 requests a month, the department has had to respond to some bizarre and tricky questions, including from conspiracy theorists about the MoD's contact with alien life.

"The Ministry of Defence does not have any expertise or role in respect of 'UFO/ flying saucer' matters or to the question of the existence or otherwise of extraterrestrial life forms, about which it remains totally open-minded," said its published reply.

news.scotsman.com...

There is a little more to the article, but not much. I guess its nice that they are revealing info such as this.

I could not find any follow ups or related articles.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
According to Nick Pope they are more than just open minded.

I have to admit that I don't know enough about him to make a call on his work yet.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
From what I've seen, Mr. Pope is a pretty stand-up guy. In my Rendlesham Case thread, there are even some links to MoD documents (from the official site) which were of the time he was there, and include his name as an addressee.... There is no doubt that he is of course, former MoD, and they aren't known for hiring crackpots....

new topics

join