It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis found?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
About 12,000 years ago the small island of Spartel was hit by a Earthquake as well as a Tsunami, now lying 60 m below the surface scientists believe they have found the place that influnced Plato's stories.

news.bbc.co.uk
A submerged island that could be the source of the Atlantis myth was hit by a large earthquake and tsunami 12,000 years ago, a geologist has discovered.

Spartel Island now lies 60m under the sea in the Straits of Gibraltar, but some think it once lay above water.

The finding adds weight to a hypothesis that the island could have inspired the legend recounted by the philosopher Plato more than 2,000 years ago.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is amazing, after reading the article it truely seems like this could be the fabaled Atlantis. The destruction and also the placement seems to fit the way Plato described it. Although I am showing some doubts, I will like to see some reports done on this after more time and money has been spent on researching this find.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by The_Final]

[edit on 16-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i just want to say that it seems funny that people believe in Atlantis just because of one blind man and one piece of writing and how they cannot believe in Jesus and the many writings about Him...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I agree with THEY see all. It is quite funny how people can but so much faith in so little. It may be that things like Atlantis are just so intruiging to us, but Plato was a very real and very important figure in history. I can see why many belive the things he wrote about. I for one do belive in Atlantis and "God",but not everything that was writen about Jesus,.....but that is a whole argument for another part of the boards
That is a pretty intersting find Hvit,and I cant wait to see what exactly they find Atlantis or not.

new topics

top topics

join