It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israel Asks U.S For Another $2.2Billion In Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The United States currently gives Israel $2.3billion per year in financial aid making it the biggest receipient of U.S aid. Now, following the Gaza pull-out, it is requesting an additional $2.2billion to relocate the 8,500 newly displaced Jewish settlers. The expected cost of the Gaza pull-out and relocation is between $2.0 - $2.5billion and currently is fully financed by Israel. The U.S will send an assessment team to calculate for themselves how much aid they will provide Israel to move the settlers to the Negev and Galilee regions of Israel.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration is planning to send assessment teams to Israel to help decide how much new U.S. economic aid might be provided to help develop the Galilee and Negev regions.

Already the biggest recipient of U.S. aid at $2.3 billion a year, Israel is believed to be asking for another $2.2 billion to develop the areas where many of the 8,500 Jewish settlers leaving Gaza will be relocated.

So far, the administration has made no commitment, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Monday. "At this point what we are doing is we are sending some teams to Israel to assess what might be possible," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What price peace? But is it fair that the United States should shoulder the entire cost of this Gaza pull out? I can understand the U.S footing the bill for this integral part of Bush's road-map plan but I dont think the U.S is seeing much in return for its $2.3billion a year investment in the Jewish state.

What do you Americans think? Do you mind that $2.3billion of your tax dollar is going to Israel? Its hardly an impoverished 3rd world country. How do you feel about $4.5billion going to Israel this year?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me at all. If such aid will lessen the prospect of continued violence between the Israeli's & Palestinians then I think it is good policy because what happens there affects events elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
astronomer it wont..but keep dreaming, they all should be left to rot in their own mess.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It is not exactly their own mess. We in the U.S., the U.N., and especially the U.K. had a rather significant role in creating that "mess."

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Another 2.2billion to no doubt buy weapons.
To sell to the Chinese and Russians.

Doesn't it make you smile where American tax-payers money is going?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Yes, I laughed all the way into the bankruptcy court building.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
astronomer, the brittish created israel for peace because this same problem between muslims and jews going on prior to 1948...so it is too their mess.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
namehere I suggest you read a history text entitled "A Peace To End All Peace." It reads more like a novel than a history text, but it is extremely well researched and is used by Texas A&M University is teaching the history of the Middle-East.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
let them ask the chinese for the money and then they can pass the USA some chinese secret how to get shirts so white?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   
2.2 Billion for 8500 people? That is 258,000 dollars per person. I need to move to Gaza.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I wonder how many Dollars the Palestinian People will Receive this Year....

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
AP is a little bit late,

this is about 1 month old "news":
haaretz : Israel to ask U.S. for $2.2 billion in aid for pullout (Last update - 11/07/2005)

The U.S. has already assured Israel in principle that it will provide funding for the military outlays related to the disengagement plan and for developing the Negev and the Galilee. About a third of the money would go toward relocating Israel Defense Forces bases from Gaza, and the rest toward developing the Negev and the Galilee.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by Riwka]

new topics

top topics

join