It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Detainee Says Beating Injured Spine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
I have only one question to ask, and I am willing to bet non of you terrorist sympathizers will be able to proffer a coherent and logical answer:

You might just get more answers if you're willing to forego referring to those who don't agree, as terrorist sympathizers. Please. The sympathy, if and when it's present, is towards everyone suffering through this entire situation. If you cannot, or will not see the obvious different between that and being a terrorist sympathathizer, then...well, sorry, I got nothin'. I can't even begin to combat those blinkers.

Just what the Hell was a Pro-Democracy English Teacher doing in, of all places, Kabul Afghanistan prior to the US war against the Taliban? What, did this guy have some kind of death wish or something?

Couldn't tell you, as I can't speak for him. But I can tell you about a schoolpal of mine who's a pro-Democracy Police Inspector currently in Iraq (he was in Kabul for about 6 months back in 2000, but that's not really the point). He's English and he's very, very white. His wife is Iraqi. She's also pro-Democracy, and (though she doesn't teach English...but Math and Economics) she's a teacher. Are they asking for it? Do they have a death wish, too? Or could it be one of those simple cases of genuinely trying to help out a ravaged community?

Can you see at all how "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" does in no way imply "you deserved it"?

And as for the county jail thing...come on, man. In the county jail, you've at least been charged, and you're going to be treated to a legal process. You're comparing freshly cut pineapples to very rotten old tomatoes.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join