It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guantanamo Detainee Says Beating Injured Spine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11I never realized I was "screaming and ranting,"

I hope that you'll grow up eventually.

Forgive Me, I misread your post, but I assure you Im all grown up.

The fact of the matter here is we've only heard one side of the story and it seems shakey to me. The other side of the story lies with the American soldiers who captured him and guarded him and I, as an ex-soldier am inclined to have faith in a brother soldiers judgement and integrity before I beleave this dirtbags story.

Im sure you can understand my position.

Maximu§

[edit on 023131p://222 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Well apparently this English Teacher took 3 and a Half Years to Finally Convince the US Military that he has NOTHING to do with Terrorism and that he is NOT an Enemy Combatant, but rather what he said he was: a Pro-Democracy English teacher swept up when the military seized fighters and suspected terrorists from the battlefields of Afghanistan.

I suggest you pay attention to the PRO DECMORACY part. Do you think it's EASY to teach English in Afganistan? Don't you think the local religious leaders, who are really Bosses around there, don't agree with the idea, that a Pro-Democracy guy from Egypt is teaching English? Don't you think he already had alot of problems with them? How many Innocent Muslims were "Swept up", thinking that they are SUSPECTED, i repeat, S U S P C T E D Terrorists?

Let me tell you that the MAJORITY of prisoners in Gitmo are Innocent and "Suspected" Terrorists.

Again the "Guilty until proven Innocent" Tactics are at work here. And this guy did prove his Innocence, but apparently too late, to take out his body as it was before.

A Pro-Democracy English Teacher?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
bsbray11, our soldiers picked up this guy for a good reason Im sure. He sure did not get tossed into GB for walking his donkey down the road. Like I said, theres another side to this story.

So, You can scream and rant all you want, but I think this POS is a Liar and if he really was a terrorist....than he deserved to get his back broken. Lifes hard eh? Like XphilesPhan said...what was an English teacher doing on a battlefield in Afghanistan?

Maximu§

So when the REAL terrorists in the US government kill you,

I take it as you know the background and history of every person in GB you are able to tell us otherwise or you? No? Oh thats right he has brown skin and lived in one of those country where your stormtoopers murder innocent woman and children so he must be a terrorist then

So is every prisoner in america guilty too? No of course they aren't. You dont need to look far to find hundreds of people imprisoned and even executed who later turn out to be innocent. How the hell is some dumb redneck from alabama with half the IQ of a toothpick going to figure out if someone is guilty? they can just about point the gun in the right direction.

Your soldiers are a bunch of murderous thugs and they deserve and have absolutely no respect in the rest of the world. America makes up less than 5% of the world population and nobody cares what you think. You're irrelevent, your president is a lying, murdering idiot. Nobosdy takes anything your president says seriously anymore.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   

You're irrelevent

Six thousand atom bombs and a multi trillion dollar economy say otherwise.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So what was this teacher convicted of, exactly?

Just to clarify:

Sure, we know prisons are "meant to be bad".

Assuming that you're a prisoner, which generally implies that you've had a trial and been convicted according to the law.

That's not exactly the case here, now is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Six thousand atom bombs and a multi trillion dollar economy say otherwise.

It's that kind of arogance that makes you irrevelant! It's about time that the US grew up and started to engage with the rest of the world instead of breaking international laws/treaties and waging illegal wars.

So what you've got nukes, does that make you better than anyone else? We've got nukes too woohoo
Do I have to remind you that you're the only country ever to have used them. They are absolutely horrific, evil weapons and no sane person would ever consider using them again. They serve no purpose but to prevent your enemy using them on you.

You go around ranting and raving about Iran shouldn't have nukes but neither should you. You can't be trusted not to use them and if you did you would very quickly become a thrid world economy when the entire world turns it's back on you and you're not far from having that happen as it is,

Being the world number 1 ecomny you should be using your wealth for good not to produce more and newer weapons of mass destruction. The US out of all the developed countries gives the least foreign aid when compared to gross income. There is only one good thing I can say about the US with regards to Aid and thats that the US ranks number 1 in private foreign aid donations so there must be some good in you?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Firstly im English.

Second how ever much we would want it to be otherwise the US is the dominant power on Earth. Hardly irrelevant.

The US shpould do a great deal more with its wealth rather than horde it like some vast dragon, sleeping on piles of treasure, paying no attention to anyone or thing that disagrees with it.

However that isnt part of the thread.

Guantanamo Bay is the ultimate example of hypocracy in a war being fought supposedly for 'Freedom.' Noone should be locked up without charge. Just fighting against the USA isnt a crime.

As for torture and abuse, what do you expect soldiers who are trained to kill to do to their supposed enemies?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just like solob was in yugosolovia.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo

bsbray11, our soldiers picked up this guy for a good reason Im sure. He sure did not get tossed into GB for walking his donkey down the road. Like I said, theres another side to this story.

So, You can scream and rant all you want, but I think this POS is a Liar and if he really was a terrorist....than he deserved to get his back broken. Lifes a B**ch huh? Like XphilesPhan said...what was an English teacher doing on a battlefield in Afghanistan?

Maximu§

So when the REAL terrorists in the US government kill you, Xphiles & cole plus your family in the next 'terror' attack don't expect any sympathy from me.

I take it as you know the background and history of every person in GB you are able to tell us otherwise or you? No? Oh thats right he has brown skin and lived in one of those country where your stormtoopers murder innocent woman and children so he must be a terrorist then

So is every prisoner in america guilty too? No of course they aren't. You dont need to look far to find hundreds of people imprisoned and even executed who later turn out to be innocent. How the hell is some dumb redneck from alabama with half the IQ of a toothpick going to figure out if someone is guilty? they can just about point the gun in the right direction.

Your soldiers are a bunch of murderous thugs and they deserve and have absolutely no respect in the rest of the world. America makes up less than 5% of the world population and nobody cares what you think. You're irrelevent, your president is a lying, murdering idiot. Nobosdy takes anything your president says seriously anymore.

Dont talk about my family

Well, your wrong about the 'world does not care what we think' I really dont care what you think and neither do our soldiers.

[edit on 16-8-2005 by asala]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Dont talk about my family or you may be finding yourself confined to a wheelchair for the remainder of your life. Well, your wrong about the 'world does not care what we think' buddy. I really dont give a damn what you think and neither do our soldiers who knock every tooth out of your whiney face.

Dude..

There's no need for threats, man.

Resorting to this is another way those terrorists whoever they are win...you know?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Firstly im English.

Second how ever much we would want it to be otherwise the US is the dominant power on Earth. Hardly irrelevant.

The US shpould do a great deal more with its wealth rather than horde it like some vast dragon, sleeping on piles of treasure, paying no attention to anyone or thing that disagrees with it.

However that isnt part of the thread.

Guantanamo Bay is the ultimate example of hypocracy in a war being fought supposedly for 'Freedom.' Noone should be locked up without charge. Just fighting against the USA isnt a crime.

As for torture and abuse, what do you expect soldiers who are trained to kill to do to their supposed enemies?

I apologise.. I'm english too. It looks like we both have similar beliefs but I feel that more and more the US is losing it's moral authority. It may be the world most powerful nation with the most powerful army but not doesn't give it the right to call it's president the leader of the free world. Thats so arrogant, what gives them the right to be the worlds policemen, that is the job of the UN and if the US would stop undermining the UN and actually pay it what it owes it would be able to do that job more effectively. The security council is the worst part, what gives the US, UK, France, Russia and china the right to decide on the lives of people in the rest of the world? Bush was prepared to accept that if a majority of the security council voted for the Iraq war that would be good enough for him but then refuses to reform the security council and remove the vetos of all the permanent members. It should be decided amongst every nation not just 5 of the most powerful shouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wonder, when do we stop becomeing the freedom fighters and become the terrorists?
I mean I support the troops, I love them with all my heart, you can call me a coward or what ever because I'm no military man and not in iraq right now but frankly I dont care about that.
But when the lads and ladies interogate someone, they use tactics that induce fear, scare the terrorists.
The very goal of the armed services is to cause the enemy to fear them.

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
So when the REAL terrorists in the US government kill you, Xphiles & cole plus your family in the next 'terror' attack don't expect any sympathy from me.

Mabye before you call them this you should read about Tim Collins, he lost his rank, his job while helping iraq.
He and his men rebuilt a village that was under fear from Ba'ath terrorists, the head of the local Ba'ath party was the head master at the local school.....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Its not a problem mate, i was just playing devils advocate.

As for the US's moral authority your spot on, actions in Abu Ghirab and Guantanamo have destroyed the moral high ground granted to the US by 9/11. Where the world stood with the US on the ideas of freedom and democracy we now look on aghast as the US sets up an extra judical prison to hold people who for all we know may have been picked up in random sweeps or denounced by petty neighbours.

To abuse these people is just another thing to add to the list of US misdeeds. The question is when will the US be as bad as the terrorists? When it starts executing the mentally subnormal without rial? Oh, wait...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinkleflower

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Dont talk about my family or you may be finding yourself confined to a wheelchair for the remainder of your life. Well, your wrong about the 'world does not care what we think' buddy. I really dont give a damn what you think and neither do our soldiers who knock every tooth out of your whiney face.

Dude..

There's no need for threats, man.

Resorting to this is another way those terrorists whoever they are win...you know?

I know but he threatened, or indirectly implied a threat to my family.

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

whooo scary...

Where's the threat? there was no threat in my post but it sure looks to me like you are threatening me
you are aware that that is against the T&C aren't you?

I've hit a nerve haven't I but it's true your soldiers are thugs and killers, its their job to kill people just the same as soldiers in every country.

I stated that when you family is murdered by the US government in the next terror attack I wont have any sympathy simple as that. You just dont see how you are playing right into the hands of the terrorists with your neo-con rhetoric and you are just creating more terrorists with your actions. I only need look at your avatar pic to know what type of person you are. You act like you're a big and hard but ion reality I think you're just scared and you dont want to admit it. There's nothing wrong with being scared, it's healthy to be scared but you can't let it rule your life. What have terrorists actually done to you personally? why are you so scared of them, is it a lack of education? did a muslim...do...something to you? whatever it is tell us, go on dont be scared...we wont laugh at you....

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
arnold_vosloo,

When you insult a US soldier, you are most likely insulting a blood relitive.
The US and the UK are both blood relitives, same with the rest of europe and the US.
As much as you dont like them, WE ARE THE SAME, we fought and died beside them for 60 years.
We bled and bred with them for 60 + years.

With respect to the TC, you did imply that terrorists would kill his family, THAT I see as a threat.
I would suggest you take it back, before I have to apologise and say that not all british are like this.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Arnold, be careful how you talk to an American soldier.

Never, never forget your dealing with a trained Killer and we don't take kindly to being called "Thugs". Our mission is to Kill or lock up enough Thugs in Iraq and Afghanistan so that the good guys can have a chance to govern properly.

You got a Big Mouth and I suggest you learn how to control it or someone will do it for you.

Maximu§

edit for crappy grammer and spelling...as usual

[edit on 103131p://222 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Arnold, be careful how you talk to a American soldier.

Never, never forget your dealing with a trained Killer and we don't take kindly to being called "Thugs". Our mission is to Kill or lock up enough Thugs in Iraq and Afghanistan so that the good guys can have a chance to govern properly.

You got a Big Mouth and I suggest you learn how to control it or someone one will do it for you.

Maximu§

Yup, dont speak your mind or we batter you! You got that pinkie!

Though to be fair Max is right, dont upset the trained killers, they may get nasty, they arn't trained to think.

Far better to just accept what going on and be greatful that your not a part of it...

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Our mission is to Kill or lock up enough Thugs in Iraq and Afghanistan so that the good guys can have a chance to govern properly.

Well, your "Mission" has Failed when talking about this guy, let me repeat - AN ENGLISH TEACHER - who convinced the US Miltiary after 3 and a Half years that he REALLY is Innocent.

What are you going to say to this innocent guy, with injured Spine now?

Geee, we were wrong - sorry for spending your entire life in a wheelchair?

Geee, it was an accident, we are sorry?

Geee, we did not hit you that hard - are you sure we caused this injuries?

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yup, dont speak your mind or we batter you! You got that pinkie!

We don't like being called Thugs Uncle Joe, those are fighting words and you know it.

Thugs are people we hunt down and kill...and we're only trying to make this world a better place. Its a bloody job and Im sure we make mistakes, but to call us Soldiers Thugs is beyond "speaking your mind".

Maximu§

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join